August 26th, 2008

Schneider: A red meat speech for a hungry crowd

Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.
Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.

DENVER (CNN) - This is the closest thing to a red meat speech this convention has gotten. And man, are these delegates hungry.

Watch: "I support Barack Obama," Hillary Clinton says

"No way. No how. No McCain" is likely to get picked up.

The Clintons have always been devoted to the cause of stopping the Republican right. It’s the message that unites Clinton and Obama supporters.

1. ClockWorkOrange

Buyer's remorse, anyone?

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  2. Ms. RDS

I'm an Obama supporter but I was so excited about Hillary Clinton's speech. I now see the Hillary that I was once amazed by and felt touched by her speech. I'm reved up and ready to go now...NO McCain NO Way NO How! Dems Unite!

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  3. Chanda-Cincinnati

Now THAT's the Hillary I use to know and love. Glad to see she is back!!!! If this Hillary had shown up in the primaries, she would have had my vote! People are so upset that she was not the VP coice, but I really do not believe she wanted the position. I truly believe she will have a prominent cabinet position offered to her, and I suspect she already knows what that position will be. I loved when she questioned her backers as to why they really were supporting her? It was one hell of a speech. I hope PUMA and the like take note. Thank you Hillary. I will be donating soon. NO WAY...NO HOW...NO MCCAIN!!!!!!!! CNN...Put that on a t-shirt and I'll buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 08-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  4. Amazing

Now I am convinced. After hearing Hillary's amazing speech, I am convinced more than EVER... to vote for.. McCain for President. Because I can't wait 8 years to get Hillary as my president. But I can wait 4 years, and that's what I'm going to do. I love Hillary too much! She is an amazing person, and I know in her heart, she said everything she had to say and needed to say and beyond that to help Barack Obama, but she only convinced me of what a wonderful person she is, and what a great president she will become.

McCain 08 – Hillary '12

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  5. McCain's the man

Hillary can shut her pie hole now! She did her job and lost to Obama! Now it's easy from here...Obama is nothing!

Welcome PUMA's, join the winning side!

McCain in 2008!

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  6. Rob

If you supported Hillary Clinton and you vote for McCain you do nothing but offend Hillary PERIOD! You can't be reached. Period. Democrat's Unite its time!!!

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  7. vli

Wow! Obama made a big mistake not putting her on the ticket. Her speech reinforced why she should be our nominee. It has made me more mad about our corrupt leaders manipulating the delegates to OBAMA... Not sure if I am writing her name in or voting for Mc Cain. Hillary just made me want to sacrafice another 4 years, to make a strong statement. She was robbed of the nomination and I will not support that.

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  8. Sandy

Seems to me the only thing worse that pill-popping Rush Limbaugh is pill-stealing-popping Botox Barbie. Want a drug addict in the white house? Vote McWarmonger.

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  9. beth

Watching this speech just made me realize that the Democrats made such a big mistake..what a shame!!!

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  10. Doug

I'm an Obama supporter. But if Hillary could have consistently delivered during the primaries like she did tonight, she would be the nominee.

She faced exceptionally high expectations but she hit a home run!

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  11. Sherry, Atlanta

HILLARY. . .YOU GET MY VOTE 2016

OBAMA/BIDEN '08-'12

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  12. Jim

At least Hillary remembered who said the following in front of a Republican group...

"Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno ..."

NO WAY, NO HOW, NO MCCAIN

August 26, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  13. Reality

You forget one thing, the Obama backers and how rude they are to Hillary supporters... they won't vote for Obama, I'd bet on it.

August 26, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  14. Don't let the MSM do your thinking for you

Excellent speech Mrs. Clinton! There was no question of the sincerity. This just proves to me that the media is trying to pull a fast one in pushing the rift among democrats. Even Bill Clinton showed a true enthusiasm for the cause. Sorry republicans, we're not going to buy your crap anymore. But hey, maybe if you'll just get your act together and start thinking about the rest of the American people for a change, in 20 years or so we'll let you have another shot at it.

August 26, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  15. ANN

Gr eat speech, but she left out "proud wife of former President Clinton" Everyone else was mentioned but him. HMMM?

August 26, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  16. Kim, WI

Some of you have already been McCain supporters. You are just sabbotors, attempting to undermine the Democratic party! It will not work!

Demos, don't be fooled....UNITE!

August 26, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  17. Omeili

She says it all, any of her supporter that still feels bad after this is not a real Democrat. it is good that she reminded them that they do not vote for Obama but for the issue at hand. That is making America a better place for all.

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  18. Choc

The "Queen Mother" of the Democratic Party picked up the needle and inserted the golden thread Michelle Obama provided last night and has sewn the Democratic Party together.
    The glory of the Clinton/Gore years and the promise of the Obama/Biden years are now forever blessed by the knighting bestowned upon them tonight by "Her Magisty" Hillary Clinton.
    "NO WAY! NO HOW! NO McCain!!!!!" "Keep Going"!!!

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  19. Patty

We NEED Barack Obama! What an amazing speech Hillary gave! Wonderful!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  20. Krissy

If Hillary supporters are still voting for McCain or not voting at all?

You weren't listening. Get your heads out of the sand and WAKE UP.

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  21. Go Girl!

And watch: McCain supporters will try to divide us by posing as Clinton or Obama supporters who bash each other. Don't read those posts as they can only divide and cause HATE.

Hillary is LOVE. She is awesome and she is clear: No way. No how. NO MCCAIN!!!

She is 200% for us Americans and doesn't want to see us suffer under a McCain presidency. She loves us way too much for us and doesn't want us to sacrifice 4 more years of hell under McCain and the Republicans.

I will honor Hillary and vote for Barack!

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  22. Katrina

Anybody who's still pretending to be a Hillary supporter for McCain on this blog - you've been exposed as the total frauds you are. Nobody who admires Hillary can diss Obama after this speech.

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  23. Ramesh Shrestha

Hey John McCain and crazy Repubs, did you see the Democratic spirit of unity tonight? This is what I call the 'American Dream in Making. She has totally taken air out of your sail tonight. You should stop all these crazy divisive ads right away.

ObamaBiden 08.

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  24. gary

FOR YOU YOUNG O.B. SUPPORTERS THAT KEEP HATING THE CLINTONS KISS MY -. THERE HASN'T BEEN A BETTER SPEECH. THATS A REAL LEADER AND GREAT SUPPORTER FOR DEM'S.

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  25. M in MN

"No way. No how. No McCain."

Hillary's words – word for word.

Please tell me there aren't any Hillary supporters out there who still think they're going to vote for McCain??

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |