August 26th, 2008

Schneider: A red meat speech for a hungry crowd

Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.
Hillary Clinton addresses delegates at the Democratic National Convention.

DENVER (CNN) - This is the closest thing to a red meat speech this convention has gotten. And man, are these delegates hungry.

Watch: "I support Barack Obama," Hillary Clinton says

"No way. No how. No McCain" is likely to get picked up.

The Clintons have always been devoted to the cause of stopping the Republican right. It’s the message that unites Clinton and Obama supporters.

1. HM

Dem just missed their opportunity to elect their strongest and best candidate for this election. Too bad for them and too bad for Americans.

August 26, 2008 11:18 pm at 11:18 pm |
  2. karen

Good grief-what an inspiring speech by the person who SHOULD have been president. What a shame that it was taken away from her.

August 26, 2008 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  3. Ronny Luxembourg citizen

I've been awake the past two nights (it's like 5 a.m. over here), I won't miss anything till November, cause there's so much at stake, for you, and for us too... after all these truly gruesome years, it's nice to have hope gain... like they said: instead of fear... and it's comforting to like America again... if you don't put it right this time, ya can't be helped... go Obama, go Biden, go Clinton, get the bloodhounds back in the cage !

August 26, 2008 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  4. MK LA

I worked so many hours for Hillary and I could not be more prouder of her than I am right now!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  5. HFS

She missed her chance to really advocate for Obama. She should have spoken more about him than her, She still is too full of herself! Obama has to win now for this country to get out of the dumper. We cannot wait! Voting for McCain is not betraying the Democratic Party. It is betraying our country's future!!!

August 26, 2008 11:19 pm at 11:19 pm |
  6. ME IN FL

HIllary did an excellent job! Brilliant speech!! She brought the house down!! hope the DNC, Howard Dean & Pelosi saw that., this the the kind of President that we need!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOBAMA, could never had accomplished this, nor Biden!!! Seeing her poise, command and leadership makes it very hard to vote for Obama. Obama should have at least picked her as VP.

MO eat your heart out, you can never be as accomplished as HRC!! Your speech yesterday was lame compared to this one!!!! Clinton's do not need the Obamas!!! The Obamas do need the Clintons!!!!

Sorry DNC, will be writing down HRC's name on this election. This has reinforced my belief that she is the one fit to be leading our country and not the empty suit that you have imposed on us!!

August 26, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  7. Sharon

What a wonderful and awesome speech. I tape it for my young granddaughters for them to watch in years to come. I will have stories to tell them just like my grandmother did me on her marching for the right to vote. The sad thing alot of it will be about the sexist treatment of Hillary.

August 26, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  8. Wake Up America!!!!

NO WAY - NO HOW - NO O-BLAH-BLAH-BLAH!!!!!

August 26, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  9. Benito

McCain 08... Dems are done..

August 26, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  10. Michael

I am amazed at some people saying that this proves that she should be president and regardless of what she said you should vote for McCain so Hillary can win in 2012. Did you people even LISTEN to what she said? Apparently you only listen to your own selfish agendas of voting against the same exact person that Hillary is behind 100%- Barack Obama.

August 26, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  11. CE

I respect Senator Clinton but I am sad to see her endorse a candidate who is not qualified to be the POTUS and is unlikely to win in November.

I am a Democrat who will vote for McCain because he is more qualified that Obama. I am disappointed that the Democratic Party did not let the democratic process run its course.

The Democratic Party believes there are only a few Democrats who will not support Obama but the numbers are growing and the stage is set for a Republican victory in November.

August 26, 2008 11:20 pm at 11:20 pm |
  12. Pearl, Colorado

How does this help NOBama

It shows he had bad judgement with Biden choice

It shows you can't blame Hillary for other people not wanting
    Obama. She can't push the button and cast votes for NOBAMA.

I hope that fool finaly help her....pay her debt off (idiot).

You don't win without her constant support, no matter how small her support is.

August 26, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  13. ash

Hillary is tough, Obama is a celebrity, don't we have enough celebrities already. Do we realize that we talk about presidents more than we talk about our grandma for instance. This starts 18 months before the term begins and lasts 6 months into the start of the term. That means we talk about presidential politics 50% of the time. Media is more than happy to oblige, what else would they be doing anyway, oooppppsssss.

August 26, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  14. IAdmireHillary

If Edwards had not ran...I really believe that Hillary WOULD be our democratic presidential candidate. Her speech tonight was nothing less than wonderful. Perfect. It touched on so many issues on what is going on in this country of ours and how we need to "get going". I hope this brings unity to the party, but I still, EVEN after hearing this speech, am having a hard time supporting Obama. I don't know if he has the experience and conviction to be there for this country. I hope I am wrong but let's see what Clinton and Obama have to say in the next 2 nights.

August 26, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  15. Phoenix

Karen, yawn....get on board or don't complain for the next 8 years. I know McCain says 4, but I don't believe he'll step down.

August 26, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  16. aliou FL

I bet you my last hat: CNN will still keep the drama going to get some more ads money

August 26, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  17. Jay

She did well! She did well! I'm so glad that she did this! I'm proud of her! I'm an Obama supporter but she did well tonight!

August 26, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  18. Mohamed

The roof was on fire and Hillary hit a home run tonight. That was great speech. The fact of the matter is Democrats are united and no matter how hard Republicans try to divide the Democrats they will fail. Because Democrats are smarter than that, they now electing John is the worst thing they can do

August 26, 2008 11:22 pm at 11:22 pm |
  19. Belle

Please Obama folks, explain just one more time why the Clintons are racists....

Even CNN did not know Stephanie Tubbs Jones' relatives were in the Clinton box.

I understand Senator Clinton looking to the future. I understand her supporting Senator Obama. I just have a hard time with Senator Obama's tactics. You could argue they worked. They did.

Thanks CNN for being the most biased news station. You did a great disservice to this nation.

August 26, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  20. Texas Witch Twister

You think this is going to unite us. We are Hillary supporters alright. But we also no a no good scoundrel when we see one. Obama is raw meat he is such a crooked bum. No way will words change our minds. We Hillary supporters are not uniting.

August 26, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  21. ash

I can not simply differentiate between Obama, Hillary, McCain. Whatever happened to the real intelligent candidate of promise – "Ron Paul", I guess, we are not looking for substance, just entertainment in white house.

August 26, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  22. Wow

That supporter that's on right now being interviewed, that's it right there. But McCain will be getting my vote. Barack is no Hillary. Character counts.

August 26, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  23. PUMA together for Obama

It was a great speech! If I vote against Obama I vote against Hillary!
    I got the message loud and clear!
    Democrats 08/12

August 26, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  24. Sickofpoliticians

What a load of typical professional politician crap, and you people are falling for it.

August 26, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  25. CC, VA

I am a moderate republican (and a female)...and as yet I will be voting for McCain (on my own principles...spare me the gibes if you will.) I just gained a tremendous amount of respect for Hillary Clinton. She just, selflessly, put self-pride to the wayside. I appreciate that she seems to have put her personal wounds aside and strongly endorsed who she will support. I embrace the democratic process. As much as I would've cringed to say this during the primaries...she just conducted herself as an absolute, consumate professional...and leader.

August 26, 2008 11:25 pm at 11:25 pm |