August 26th, 2008

Schneider: A tough speech from a tough woman

ALT TEXT

Convention delegates greeted Clinton with a standing ovation. (Photo credit: Getty Images)
DENVER (CNN) - "Four more years of the last eight years." That’s a strong effort to refocus this campaign as a referendum on the Bush record. And to make the case that McCain equals Bush. These delegates are thrilled. The election has been in danger of becoming a referendum on Obama instead of the Bush record.

Watch: Hillary Clinton says 'It's time to unite'

Hillary’s speech is what used to be called a spellbinder. Or a stem-winder. Whatever.

This woman is tough. She burnished that reputation in the campaign. She never stopped fighting and never gave up - and drew enormous admiration for it.

A lot of Democrats wonder if Obama is this tough.

1. Dandelion.

He is that tough, I have no doubts in him.

Hillary delivered a BEAUTIFUL speech!!

Obama 08!!

August 26, 2008 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  2. dEMOBRAT

What an incredible woman AND A GREAT LEADER. She did the job. And dare I say, so presidential.

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  3. Hi There!

Thank You Hillary. We welcome you support! You were great!

Obama 2008

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  4. vic nashville,Tn

She made it
    Its look like Hillary’s convention
    She gave very good speech
    Thanks
    But I can’t imagine any ticket with out Hillary
    Life long democrat and Hillary strong supporter will vote for Mc Cain
    Hillary 2012 /Mc Cain2008

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  5. Sherry, Atlanta

CONGRADULATIONS HILLARY. . .YOU KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK!

WELL DONE!

OBAMA/BIDEN '08-'12

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  6. Kevin,FL

Obama is not tough, he will never be as tough as HRC

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  7. Dylan in CA

Hillary ~

From somone who admired you before the primary and couldn't stand you during the primary... I've gained a whole new respect for you. Well done, well done, well done!

PUMAS... if you still can't get it through your thick skulls that a vote for McCain is a vote against everything Hillary stands for, you are truly a portrait of ignorance.

Obama/Biden/Hillary /08

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  8. THANK YOU

SENATOR CLINTON YOU ARE THE BEST, YOU DO HAVE THE INTEREST OF THE COUNTRY AT HEART ... GO AWAY PUMA, SHOO, SHOO, GO AWAY PUMA

August 26, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  9. Linda31

Schneider, Obama is TOUGH. No doubt about it.

10. Trever

She was amazing. An inspiration.

11. Dr. J

Hillary I am proud of you. Thanks for uniting us.

12. Bushwhacked in Eugene, OR

THIS is the Hillary I wanted to see - but didn't see - during the campaign. THIS Hillary I could have voted for. She really hit a home run, in my eyes. Too bad she took her campaign elsewhere. I'm still thrilled with Obama, however. He will make a great president, too.

Senior white female for Obama/Biden '08.

13. Gail

Okay, excuse me but isn't the energy stance a flip flop? Now they (the Dems) want to drill here in the US? What happened to all the tree hugging, tax the oil companies so they can't drill Democrats?

14. dustin

who are these "a lot of democrats"? stop pulling stuff out of thin air please. clinton was absolutely great tonight, but there's no doubt obama can take the heat. he beat clinton afterall.

stop bloviating.

15. T

Hillary Clinton's speech was absolutely incredible, healing and dynamic.

16. Common Sense

Thanks Bill Schneider...of course you had to take a signature dig at Obama.....Hillary was amazing.
    Obama 08

17. James

Excellent!

OBAMA/BIDEN 08!

18. Dee N STL

Clinton comes through again. so sincere I was so touched

19. Tori, Oregon

Yes he is! Thank you so much Hillary! I will no longer be drawn into the blog wars with Puma.

20. April in Texas

I would like to say that as a woman had Obama chosen Hillary he would have lost my vote. Obama chose Biden due to his background and how he hasnt allowed Washington to change his beliefs and way of life. I think it was a wise choice. Now for those planning on voting McCain, I truely dont understand why you even vote as it seems you vote for preference and not for policies. Obama and Clinton had such similar policy views but the only difference was one was old Washington (Hillary) and one was new Washington (Obama). I wonder if any of you have ever done community work as Obama did because if you had you would realize how much experience and knowledge you can get from that work. Womens issues are one of the largest differences between Obama and McCain which will pretty much halt for years many womens rights. If you plan to vote please do research instead of listening to others including me. Otherwise you are just voting cause your upset and please if you do don’t complain later if you dont like what you get.

Hillary did great tonight and said it like it is. I was impressed and those who are still planning to vote McCain you were not really for the democrats.

Obama/Biden 08

21. LancePearce

Obama was tough enough to win the primary. I think he is tough enough to win the election.

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  22. Carmen

Hillary will be out of debt by Friday.

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  23. Democrats Unite - Obama/ Biden 08!! Whoop whoop!!! :-)

YES HE IS!!! And of course we ALL KNOW that Hillary is one tough Lady!... This is why I beleive Obama will def give her an incredible role once he is the President!!

DEMOCRATS UNITE!!!

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  24. EFM

Amazing. Why she should have been the nominee.

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  25. BV

"A lot of Democrats wonder if Obama is this tough."
    FAN THOSE FLAMES BILL!
    You have to keep this story rolling! Drama! Conflict! RATINGS!!!

August 26, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |