August 26th, 2008
1 year ago

Source: Bill Clinton will not attend Obama's Invesco speech

Bill Clinton will reportedly not attend the convention Thursday night.
Bill Clinton will reportedly not attend the convention Thursday night.

DENVER (CNN) – Hillary Clinton will be on hand for Barack Obama's acceptance speech, but according to a source close to former President Bill Clinton, he will not: the source tells CNN that Clinton will not join his wife at Invesco Field Thursday night.

1. What?

MR. CLINTON, I CAN REMEMBER A TIME WHEN SOME OF US DID NOT AGREE WITH SOME OF WHAT YOU DID WHILE YOU WERE OUR PRESIDENT. PEOPLE TURNED THEIR BACK ON YOU WHEN YOU WERE THROUGH THE WE CONTINUED, ALTHOUGH WE WERE DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU, WE STILL SHOWED YOU WE HAD YOUR BACK. YOU HAVE SHOWN A NEGATIVE SHOWING TOWARD OBAMA AND THE DEMOCRATED PARTY VOTERS WHO VOTED FOR YOU TWICE, EVEN WHEN YOU THOUGHT WE WOULDN'T.

SOME OF US THOUGHT MORE OF YOU........TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS........

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

August 26, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  2. Carl

Really, do we care anymore? This man was once respected by all democrats even after Monica but now, now Bill has shown his true colors. He is a man who can't stand to lose and hasn't until now. He needs to crawl into the shadows and hope that some people still remember his great presidency.

August 26, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  3. viper

That is so pathetic

August 26, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  4. paul in canada

i knew he liked the broads, but i didn't know he was into the blow... what is this guy on?

August 26, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  5. Peter

Does this surprise anyone? Whining like a baby. Clintons believe they are entitled to anything they want – glad to see them go.

August 26, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  6. Joseph

Who cares? The Clintons are morraly deprived losers. After this convention, they are irrelevant. Good riddance losers.

August 26, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  7. wally

Atlease Bill is not 2 face!! Osama o sorry i meant Obama would not get my vote, family vote and my friends vote..

Go Mccain!!!

August 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  8. Sharon

Good for him. I would not be able to stomach it either. But I'm sure he is a very busy man and has other commitments – his foundation -which has saved millions of people lives all over the world.

August 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  9. Scott

Pathetic – does he realize or even care about the damage he is doing to his wife's political career? I am beginning to understand why Republicans have such hatred for Bill Clinton.

August 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  10. Ann

I am very disappointed and was "hoping" that his personal ambitions and pride would take a back sit. Apparently I am reaching to high.

August 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  11. No named

Who cares?
    He belongs to the past, but we are focusing on the future.

August 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  12. Chuckling

Obama doesn't need Bill in his way, might take some of his limelight away.

August 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  13. teresa

He is showing his true colors. He's a narcissistic jerk who can't accept that Hillary lost and he won't get a chance to be co-President. I have lost all respect for him and Hillary.

August 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  14. Susan

Not selfish, just not two-faced as Anonymous said. Face it, he doesn't like what Obama did to him, he hates what was done to his wife and yes, he's a little miffed that he didn't get what he wants. I wouldn't go either. Obama = Nobama! Puma's rule!

August 26, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  15. k.kelly

good for him..after the way he has been treated by Obama,if I was him,I wouldnt go either.The only reason Hillary is even making out like she supports Obama is because she still owes a lot of People a lot of money and Obama promised her that if she would support him ,then he would help her pay off her debts.

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  16. Bonke

Mr. Clinton must have forgotten all the support he recieved from Democrats during the bogus Republican impeachment attempt.

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  17. FROMHILLARYTOMCCAIN.COM

Good. After Obama made Bill out to be a racist, no Clinton or CLinton supporter should go anywhere near Obama, or near a voting button with his name on it.

HIllary, or McCain '08.

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  18. Olugbenga

Let us be careful with name calling. Each individual have right to their opinion.

I pray that God will select a president that will save us from the current recession.

Thank you.

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  19. paul Revere

Big Baby. This (overall campaign behavior), more than any other transgression in his career, in my opinion has permanently damaged his legacy forever; and I voted for him twice, and I voted Hillary into the Senate.

Bill should've taken pride as one who paved the way for people like Obama, coming from humble beginnings to emerge as some of the greatest minds this country has ever produced.

How can such an intelligent man be so stupid?

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  20. suzie

who cares the hell with bill he needs to stop nagging and grow the hell up. this man wants to control everything. control freakkkkkkkkkkk.

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  21. john

Joh McCain – will be the president, no other choice for this country given what we have right now.

Obama? you must be kidding me right?

John McCain the man

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  22. Nancy C

I agree – who needs him there? I suspect he was un-invited, as the focus of Thursday, and the next several weeks before we vote, must be on Obama/Biden and getting them elected.

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  23. Toot

Good for you Bill!! Stand up for what you know is right

August 26, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  24. CL in Florida

So

August 26, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  25. Tom D'Angora

Obama could serve 7,000,000 years as president and not achieve what Bill Clinton achieved in 8 years. If you were alive in the 90s you did better because of the Clintons. So he is not the one stuck in the fourth grade, he is not selfish, he is an American hero and his wife should be President..

P.S. I'm a gay democrat in his 20s for McCain!!!

August 26, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |