August 26th, 2008
1 year ago

Source: Bill Clinton will not attend Obama's Invesco speech

Bill Clinton will reportedly not attend the convention Thursday night.
Bill Clinton will reportedly not attend the convention Thursday night.

DENVER (CNN) – Hillary Clinton will be on hand for Barack Obama's acceptance speech, but according to a source close to former President Bill Clinton, he will not: the source tells CNN that Clinton will not join his wife at Invesco Field Thursday night.

1. moussa

I think it could be better. I would say if both clintons are there cheering him on than it would truly help the democratic party.

Bill is complaining about how Barack Obama has destroyed how he will be remembered in history. I had a lot of respect for him until recently. He's a baby and should move toward supporting Obama.

I thought he was openminded. he shouldn't have ever been elected president now that i think about it.

August 26, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  2. Nick

I don't believe it. Not from a Rhodes Scholar....I agree with you Leslie and Bored above. And it is all about Barak. We are in trouble in this country. Americans unite. Please!

August 26, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  3. Adam

Bill has single-handedly defined his legacy in a matter of 12 months. If Obama loses this election, I guarantee you Obama supporters will pull the same stunt Clinton supporters are pulling right now. You are a disgrace to America PUMA!

August 26, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  4. j b

Way to go Bill, You can't let those stereo wires stay tangled up for ever! While your at it air up your tires. It's high time that you did and said just what you want to do to protect your family, If he's not your choice, why add insult to injury. Your doing the right thing.

August 26, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  5. Luke

Of course not. He has a fling planned with some delegate he picked up at the convention.

August 26, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  6. Jake

I'm sick of them having the initiative when it comes to dividing the party.
    It's our half's turn to whine.

If Hillary doesn't give one hell of a speech tonight, Bill should expect some silence and booing.

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  7. Obama08

Good...and I hope he takes Carvelle and most of the CNN staff home with him...cause Bill Clinton is stuck in the past and as Warner said it's time to look to the future of one America...working together...for the common good...now that's a catch phrase

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  8. Ellen

We won't miss him, I'm sad to say. I admired him, voted for him twice, and now would be happy if he shut up and sat down. He is so yesterday.

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  9. Unbelievable

Good. Obama will do fine without the drama of Bill Clinton.

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  10. Adam

Who's Bill Clinton?

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  11. Typical White Person

Bill Clinton = PUMA-in-Chief!

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  12. Nikki

Obama needs to grow up. If you want respect then you have to give a little and not just when you want something. Why should Bill show up? It's been made clear that no matter what he does for Obama, he will be treated with disrepect bordering on hostility.

The only reason I will vote for Obama is because I have a soul and that alone keeps me from unleshing another republican on the world. We'll be lucky if we survive the last days of Bush.

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  13. Adam R

This entire election has really made me lose my faith in a man I respected so much. It's bizarre how sore a loser he has become and how selfishly he ignores the good of the party...and thus, the nation.

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  14. jason, tx

what a baby

August 26, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  15. Danny in Chicago

I'm willing to wait to see what unfolds instead of getting of pumped up of FOX-CNN has to say......

Let's stop worrying about what MIGHT happen and actually see WHAT happens!

August 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  16. Karen - Canada

One would have hoped that Bill Clinton had outgrown his adolescence behaviour. As a parent, I would let him sulk in a corner and pay no attention to him.

August 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  17. Willie Graham

WOW,

It is absulutely incredible to me that a former president, someone who likes to think of himself as a president of the people. Someone that loves to share a connection with blacks and other monirities, I say to you Mr. Bill Clinton. Do you think black americans will forget ? do you think we cannot see through the smoke screen ?

I want you to know that although I love Obama, I would have gladly voted for Hillary had she won.

Weather Obama wins this election or not, we will not "FORGET" I have always tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

NO MORE

August 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  18. omar

So much so for all that garbage talk that Bill was our first black president. Yuck!. All it takes is a lil wind to expose the backside of a chicken.

August 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  19. Mark

You id be the first to admired Bill Clinton for many years; barring his Monica mess the country did well under his leadership..

....but this ? what on earth do Clintons think they are entitled to. Very selfish of him to not attend. Rather than galvanize their party, they seem hell bent on its destruction.

From the northern side of your border, oh Id hate to see a McCain win – but at the rate its going, it sure seems the dems are going to self destruct.

Toronto

August 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  20. Bye Bye Hill-Billies

The Clintons have become the democrat version of the ill-behaved relative that always overstays their welcome.

Bill, Hillary - Isn't there some Jerry Springer show taping somewhere featuring you guys where you would feel more at home?

August 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  21. Jay

Please fellow democrats....
    it's important to stop the attacks. among each other..

let's focus on John McCain...

he's the real issue...

gas prices
    iraq war
    abortion
    same sex marriages
    energy
    education

remember: OBAMA & CLINTON are more alike than McCain...he's the real issue!

August 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  22. Nancy

For Bill Clinton, this is his new form of leadership: egotism.

August 26, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  23. Obama the Deceiver

Good For You Bill Clinton!

August 26, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  24. Independent Thinker

Voter,
    You are kidding right? You are just trolling, I hope. I don't want to think someone in my country's electorate is not that ignorant or naive. It is the exact opposite....it has been more about the Clintons and the McCain campaign portraying Obama as a celebrity than anything else.
    Jeez.

August 26, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  25. Monica

If Barack loses, its because he can't close the deal. If you want the Clinton's to win the election, make Hillary the nominee. Can Barack do anything himself? Or does he need the Clinton's to handle all the hard work?

August 26, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |