August 26th, 2008
1 year ago

Source: Bill Clinton will not attend Obama's Invesco speech

Bill Clinton will reportedly not attend the convention Thursday night.
Bill Clinton will reportedly not attend the convention Thursday night.

DENVER (CNN) – Hillary Clinton will be on hand for Barack Obama's acceptance speech, but according to a source close to former President Bill Clinton, he will not: the source tells CNN that Clinton will not join his wife at Invesco Field Thursday night.

1. Kenny Jackson

The Clinton's know their time as rulers of the Democrats is almost over, and thus explain their behavior!!!

2. Canadian Cate

You "obamamaniacs" never cease to amaze me – shut up already!

3. Travis

If we can't do it this year as Dems then we need to go the way of the Wig Party

4. elvis

Whats his problem?He started everything that has him angry,denying Obamas position on whether to invade Irag for example.

5. Anonymous

It's really time for former President Clinton to grow up. I thought he had, but again and again he has disappointed me.

6. Uncle C

Who Moved My Cheese?

7. brian

Sounds like a guy hopelessly addicted to his legacy...and ego.

8. Marc PDX

I don't think Bill Clinton thinks too much of candidate X.

9. debkansas

Guess what, I WON'T BE THERE EITHER. Who cares what he has to say, his just another flip flopper. He now stands for everything Hillary introduced into her campaign. I hope someone good wrote his speech, because Obama and his wife can only read the words and ideas they can't think for themselves.

10. Kathleen in MA

Hardly conduct becoming of a party elder. He is acting like a spoiled brat child.

11. Monaid

sour looser, get a life Bill

12. David Newport, OR

At least everyone who wants to, can see the "real" Clintons. I bet history will not be as favorable as once thought.

13. Adrianwayne23@yahoo.com

I predict that Hillary will not run for her next senatorial election.
    I don't speak for black people, but I can't see Hillary getting more
    than 42 % of her usual black turn out on election day. If Guiliani runs against her, he will beat her. She through away the Clinton brand name. The Clinton' shouldn't listen to her black advisors.......They
    are blowing smoke up their ashtrays....

14. NotFallingInLine.org

I've voted for Democratic candidates my whole life and have donated money to several of them, and I wouldn't want to go either.

The only thing I've heard in these two nights that rings true is that we need real leadership at this time in our country's history.

The leadership of the Democratic Party has failed us all.

15. John Myers

Come on, we are in America! Everyone is entitled to hold his/her own oponion. Looking back what Obama has done during the primaries, playing games with MI/FL delegate counts, playing games with Wright, just to name a few.

16. Cal Dipkin

What did you expect?!!

He's Bill Clinton!! He is is love with himself!!

17. Terry Morgan

It will be a long time before Bill Clinton 'let's go' of the Obama candidacy. If Obama wins the White House, Bill Clinton will be angry, and if Obama loses the election, Bill will blame Obama and the whole DNC apparatus. Too bad: Bill had different plans for his retirement years.

18. linbit-Greensboro, NC

Bill Clinton is a spoiled brat.

19. joe

You can do a thousand good deeds but make one mistake and people will hate you forever. People and their ingratitude.

20. Matt

I'm not a democrat or republican. I vote for people, not parties. This hasn't always helped me, but why would any of us do anything else? Take Bill Clinton, a former President, shunning the man to carry the next Democratic torch to the White House, and why? because both clinton(s) and O'mama couldn't resolve their dispute before the damage was done. They don't care what happens to their party as a whole, until it is too late, because they are in it to win it, to quote the dumbest cheerleading phrase I've ever heard. So, why should we care what happens to the party?

21. NG in DC

Bill doesn't like being with losers. So he'll leave Hillary and Obama together that night.

22. Nicholas

WHAT? The former Democratic President will not attend the acceptance speech of the first African American nominee? Good riddance.

23. The Lady

why not Bill, Where are you going to be?

24. Terry from GA

Who cares. How is this news? By the way, when was the last time CNN did a follow up story on the victims of Katrina?

25. Todd, Lancaster PA

Please Bill.. Do go away.. Go round up some more donations for your library overseas.. Leave Hillary here to help, she seems the more intelligent one anyhow...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7