August 27th, 2008

After Biden's speech, Obama to join him on-stage

Sen. Obama to join Sen. Obama on stage after his acceptance speech.
Sen. Obama to join Sen. Obama on stage after his acceptance speech.

Barack Obama is set to appear with his running mate Joe Biden following the Delaware senator’s vice presidential acceptance speech tonight, according to his campaign.

Watch: McCain 'not change,' more of the same says Biden

1. Price Smith

McCain 08

Hillary 12

August 27, 2008 11:35 pm at 11:35 pm |
  2. Trevor

"Sen. Obama to join Sen. Obama on stage after his acceptance speech." eh? Good one.

August 27, 2008 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm |
  3. dittohead with forty names

It gets very lonely here all by myself. So I use a lot of names and even talk to my other personalities both men and woman.We love Rush Limbaugh and will do what ever he tells us to do or whom to vote for because we dont have a mind of our own.We love our Puma movement also and creating chaos is our goal.

August 27, 2008 11:37 pm at 11:37 pm |
  4. Nancy Taylor

YES, YES, YES!! LOVED THE SPEECHES FROM MICHELLE, HILLARY, BILL AND HOPEFULLY OUR NEXT VP, JOE BIDEN. I AM 61 YRS OF AGE AND HAVE SEEN MANY CONVENTIONS IN THE PAST. I THINK THIS WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS ONE OF THE BEST BECAUSE OF THESE GREAT SPEECHES AND THE ISSUES! SOME OF THE BEST SPEACHES I HAVE EVER HEARD AND BELIEVE ME I HAVE HEARD MANY, FROM BOTH DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS. LOOK FORWARD TO MR. OBAMA'S SPEECH AND I PRAY TO GOD THAT HE WILL BE SITTING IN THAT WHITE HOUSE NEXT YEAR AS OUR NEW LEADER!!! GO GO GO DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!

August 27, 2008 11:39 pm at 11:39 pm |
  5. Sue

What a great night. kudo's to Bill Clinton. Obama at the end was the icing on the cake!

August 27, 2008 11:40 pm at 11:40 pm |
  6. Marilyn

Joe, you were fantastic, just what Obama needs. You said it as it was and your connection with Obama previews how the two of you will work together in the future which will be absolutely powerful. You are an amazing father and politician. The values you inherited from your parents are the core values that will ensure a positive future. We are fortunate to have you as the next Vice President of The "United" States of America.

August 27, 2008 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  7. Katrina

CNN, could you please sponsor a poll with the question "Who is more likely to bring another war upon the American people, Obama or McCain?"

August 27, 2008 11:45 pm at 11:45 pm |
  8. go away mongers- Ventura ca

Much to the naysayers dismay-this is a WINNING TICKET- NOT a WHINNING ticket.
    The pumA's have been put in their place, the speeches have pointed how we are UNITED and that the feear & smear tactics always used by the gop won't work – NOT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!

August 27, 2008 11:46 pm at 11:46 pm |
  9. Marc PDX

Dang – missed it. Did they do a fist bump?

August 27, 2008 11:47 pm at 11:47 pm |
  10. chitowngal07

What exactly is it that people think was so darn enthralling about Bidens speech. SAw it , heard it, and fell asleep to it!!!! And who really gives a darn that Barack showed up. I said it before he is an ego maniac. It's all about him.

August 27, 2008 11:50 pm at 11:50 pm |
  11. SANA

BIDEN...GET MCCAIN THE GEORGE BUSH'S TWIN BROTHER!!!

August 27, 2008 11:53 pm at 11:53 pm |
  12. D&D

No Hillary = No Obama August 27th, 2008 10:49 pm ET

Can't you feel like you're kind of alone here?

August 27, 2008 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  13. Clinton, no, wait, McCain Supporter

How about Obama making a cameo appearance at the end?!

We can't have anyone else getting TOO much attention tonight, not when The One hasn't gotten his face on TV in a whole 24 hours.

Tomorrow night will be mind-numbing. I plan to watch the test pattern on TV for a little stimulation.

With any luck, Biden will talk, talk, talk Obama right out of the presidency. By the first week in October, he'll be wearing a muzzle!!

August 27, 2008 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  14. Republican for Obama

Reminds me of JFK

August 27, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  15. rashid cali

i'm proud to be apart of history
    obama 08

August 27, 2008 11:55 pm at 11:55 pm |
  16. Nick FL

"The World respects the power of our example, not the example of our power."

Bill Clinton. -DNC 2008

"Geor...oops I'm sorry John McCain...A Freudian slip!..."

Joe Biden. -DNC 2008

"If I'm not mistake, Hillary Clinton rocked the house last night."

Barack Obama. -DNC 2008

August 27, 2008 11:56 pm at 11:56 pm |
  17. David W.

They look like Mutt and Jeff.

August 28, 2008 12:00 am at 12:00 am |
  18. No BO for Me

Am I the only one that heard Obama say "thank you President Bush" when thanking Bill Clinton?

August 28, 2008 12:05 am at 12:05 am |
  19. Gloria

Why did you have to reveal this before Barack came and spoil the surprise? That was so childish of you. You couldn't wait for us to untie the ribbon and open the gift to savor the moment.

August 28, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  20. JR

Jason Manley: Go back to CNN, they love you there.

Good work to the McCain camp, keep it up...

After all this hype in the end Obama will go back to Chicago with his tail between legs...back to his church...he'll write another book and go back on Oprah, maybe run for mayor of Chicago or Berkeley, CA..I personally hope he vanishes off the face of the earth...

Democratic National "Convention" what a joke...everyone in the crowd is like a bunch of drugged out Pagan Cult followers chanting change and hope...

Anyone remember the movie "Dragnet" with Dan Akroyd?
    If you're going to the Democratic National Convention- "DON'T FORGET YER GOAT LEGGINGS!"
    McCain 08
    You Obama types need to get a sense of humor...idiots.

August 28, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |
  21. KATHLEEN

I am so sick of spending my time posting "my comments" on CNN
    Political Ticker (as if I thought CNN credits their audience as being
    important) Personally, I think my comments are important too. But
    you know, I am tired of typing away just to have it not posted or type
    and before I am finished, COMMENTS FOR THIS HAVE BEEN CLOSED.

BY THE WAY, C-SPAN LET US LISTEN TO ALL THE SPEECHES NOT
    JUST YOUR SELECTIONS.

John King, now I will tune in for him, but for the rest of you, I am
    going to MSNBC. I love Keith Obernuefferman.

August 28, 2008 12:10 am at 12:10 am |