August 27th, 2008

After Biden's speech, Obama to join him on-stage

Sen. Obama to join Sen. Obama on stage after his acceptance speech.
Sen. Obama to join Sen. Obama on stage after his acceptance speech.

Barack Obama is set to appear with his running mate Joe Biden following the Delaware senator’s vice presidential acceptance speech tonight, according to his campaign.

Watch: McCain 'not change,' more of the same says Biden

1. Greg FL.

Great night for the Democrats. Bill did a great job. Kerry hit his marks and Joe Biden is as always right on.

August 27, 2008 10:43 pm at 10:43 pm |
  2. Cynthia

Can't wait for him to join him. This has been an incredible night for the Democrats.

Yes We Can

August 27, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  3. It's a riddle...

Who's more boring? Bill or Biden?

August 27, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  4. Dan, TX

No way, no how, No MCCAIN! Hillary says so!

August 27, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  5. Sandy

Good – he'll know for SURE HOW MUCH the people of the USA and the entire world LOVE BARACK OBAMA.

Woo Hooooooooo

Obama/Biden '08

(Don't listen to the republican spin on CNN – Watch CSPAN)

Gonna censor this American again CNN? How unamerican can CNN GET?

August 27, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  6. NotFallingInLine.org

I tuned out after Bill's speech, but I might just tune back in now that I know that Obama and Biden will share the stage at the Convention. I want to see if Biden's ego will push Obama to the side...

Seriously, Biden is a good enough guy despite his ego, but he's not enough to energize this ticket, to make up for Obama's obvious weaknesses as a candidate, or to help us win back the White House this year.

The leadership of the Democratic Party has failed us all.

August 27, 2008 10:48 pm at 10:48 pm |
  7. No Hillary = No Obama

Who cares.

August 27, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  8. Steve - southern Illinois

Tammy Duckworth gave both of her legs for this country. She deserves to be heard when she speaks on behalf of veterans. Shame on you CNN.

August 27, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  9. PUMA moving on...

I miss Bill Clinton... times were great under him (even though he couldnt keep his pants up).... but its about us, not him. He had our best interests in mind.

August 27, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  10. Ted

Prepare for PUMA idiots to attack.

August 27, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  11. Speider

I, for one, feel a great sense of relief this PUMA business has been laid to rest. On to the business at hand; healing this nation, the people and the world. Perhaps this is the glorious revolution we have so long awaited?

August 27, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  12. Ed,Ellenville,New York

Bill and Joe are raising expectations far too high for poor Barack. The more they try to help, the more they belittle him. It's simply not credible.

August 27, 2008 10:52 pm at 10:52 pm |
  13. Tom in Delaware

Don, Eddie....they're called opinions, and thank God you and I have the right to express them. See how far any of this freedom would get in say....Russia, with Vladimir Putin, or in China, or Iran, or North Korea, or Syria, or...get it?!?

I disagree with many of the comments I read here but I served my country for six years during the apex of the Cold War to insure those freedoms remain intact, because in the end, I know that it is those freedoms that are our greatest strength.

My support of McCain is based primarily on what I consider to be our gravest threat, and that is Islamo-Fascisism, and a resurgent (and Fascist) Russia.

Taking the war to the Middle East and finally changing the politcal landscape there after almost 1,000 years of intransigence is REAL change.

Change that Barack Obama won't even acknowledge is happening, let alone why it's happening.

That's why I don't believe in him.

August 27, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  14. No Way, No How, No George McCain!

GET-UM BIDEN!

August 27, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |
  15. josar

now you can watch michelle obama on flvvor of love 111 show live

August 27, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  16. OnlyObama

and there they are....the next President and Vice President of the United States of American

August 27, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  17. ALLAN USA

Just not a long time ago Biden said Obama is no good,but now he is great. What a double face. NO Obama , NO obama , No obama.

August 27, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  18. Chuck

Finally! I figured out who Michelle Obama looks like! She looks like the black twin sister of that kid that played Reba's son on TV!!!

August 27, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  19. jimi

now you can watch michelle obama on flavor of love iii show live

August 27, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  20. Sandy

I am so proud of this moment in our history. I'm sure our image will be improved in the world and we will no longer have to be ashamed of the "pull my finger" jokes we got from Bushie.

I am so proud to be alive at this point in time. I was 18 when JFK was inaugurated. My time's still in the future, thanks to Barack Obama

Whoooooooooooooo

August 27, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  21. Angel

Did Obama accidentally kiss Bidens wife on the lips!?! Awesome!!!

August 27, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  22. Eric, Texas

WOW!!!!!!

That is the biggest bit of revisionist history I have ever seeen spouted.

August 27, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  23. John from LA

Biden's speech SUCKED-Remember this man was ousted out of the primaries even before they began-one more BAD judgement of BO!!!!
    Boring Biden!!

August 27, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  24. No Way, No How, No George McCain!

Hey Repub's ( Fox news sell out Amy Holmes) You call Obama a celebrity, well you know what we are suppose to LIKE our President! 8 years of America hating bush made you forget that and we will not have 4 more years of George McCain to follow!

Proud American for Obama/Biden!

August 27, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  25. Jessy, FL

Sandy, I thought CNN [according to some wierd folks] was being to liberal and not conservative enough. I really wouldn't blame CNN anyways. I mean, how many people over there are switching over to being Democratic now that the right-wing nut jobs have screwed this country during the past decade?

August 27, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |