August 27th, 2008

Will.i.am to perform at Invesco

The 'Yes We Can' YouTube video will be recreated.
The 'Yes We Can' YouTube video will be recreated.

DENVER (CNN) – The Emmy-winning “Yes We Can” video that spliced together clips of Barack Obama’s New Hampshire primary night speech and set it to music, will be re-created live on stage at Invesco Field in Denver Thursday night before the Illinois senator accepts the Democratic presidential nomination there.

The video, which appeared shortly before Super Tuesday, became an Internet sensation. It was adopted by the Obama campaign, and used often on the trail.

Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am — who produced the celebrity-packed video — will perform Thursday evening, backed by singer John Legend and a full gospel choir.

Singers Sheryl Crow and Stevie Wonder will also take the stage for the final night of the Democratic convention.

UPDATE: Jennifer Hudson will perform the national anthem Thursday night at Obama's acceptance speech.

1. ENOUGH

YAY!

August 27, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  2. Barbara - GA

Try to top this RNC!!!

Obama/Biden '08

August 27, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  3. Bob

Yes we can!

August 27, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  4. James From Chicago

This is why I will not vote for Obama..THis whole thing is a joke.

I am so glad Hillary did not say in her speech that Obama is ready
    to be President. We all know he is not.

August 27, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  5. CM

Here come the McCain supporters saying that Obama need performances to bring a crowd.

Before you post that, remember that tickets sold out within 24 hours for this event and no performances were announced at that time.

No way. No how. No McCain!!!!

August 27, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  6. INDEPENDANT VET

SO GLAD TO SEE DENVER BECOME THE NEW STAGE FOR HOLLYWOOD. AND IT'S LATEST STARS, FLIP AN FLOP.

ALREADY SEE THE CLIMATE CHANGE.

ALOHA

August 27, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  7. Mike, TX

All the trappings of Woodstock, with equal importance. Obama is just wind, no ideas, no vision. He IS like Brittney Spears, a "corporate" politician (George Soros in this case).

That Howard Dean, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid has put this idiot out front of the democrats should be considered treason.

August 27, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  8. julian

O = Official
    B = Bone-headed
    A = Agent for
    M = Messing up
    A = America

August 27, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  9. Kevin

cool.

August 27, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  10. Texas Witch Twister

There's no way we can put up with all the rapping for the next four years while our economy, security and future in foreign relations go down the drain. All Obama thinks being President is one party after another. Don't be foolish America.

August 27, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  11. Roxy, New York

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I love SMART celebrities. Please, Scarlett Johansen, stay the hell away, lol.

August 27, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  12. Ellie, Boyds MD

August 27, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  13. bill

After Clintons, let's focus on Obama the nominee of the party now!!

August 27, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  14. California Voter

WHO ? Guess he is meant to appeal to the under 40 crowd.

August 27, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  15. nick

Yes we can, to opportunity and prosperity!

August 27, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  16. laila

It is going to be a wonderful night, and I know Obama will deliver the speech of his career. I just hope that these pumas and others will do as their hero Clinton says and look beyond her and enjoy themselves. I have a feeling this has everything to do with race, and nothing to do with Hilary. I also want to say since given the opportunity finally...I am so dissapointed in the coverage of this convention. You have taken it from the nominee and threw it too a bunch of post-menopausal bickering women that don't have their heads on straight, as usual. Is there anything that Obama can just win without having to prove himself over and over again. Oh silly me I forgot, Obama is black. I am looking forward to the night and will be watching it on c-span or PBS that way I can decide how it goes and I don't need the devisive pundits telling me how it goes and not letting me see anything.

August 27, 2008 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  17. char19145

WHOOOOPIE!!!!

August 27, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  18. bt

Very Appropriate...Yes We Can....Yes I am....Will I am....You Go Obama...

August 27, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  19. vicky

Yes he can, become our president for the good of Americans!!

August 27, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  20. tricia

That's going to be AMAZING.

August 27, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  21. unity

yes we can. The martin luther king dream is almost there. God has create obama for a purpose. He ia combination of Black and White to create unity among the the two races. This god work to stop racist.

August 27, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  22. Chi4Obama

Okay,
    I can't wait to read what the Anti-Obamites have to say on this blog.

They will probably make reference to Obama again as a "Rock Star" or "Celebrity". But hey, it is what it is...

Don't be jealous just because McCain can't attract gread headliners for his convention. In fact, there are a lot of Republicans who will be skipping the GOP convention next week. I wonder why....

August 27, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  23. Mike in an RNC war room

Neato.

August 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  24. War for your children

McCain has no real leadership qualities. His big military claim to experience, beyond I was a POW, was at Pensacola. Ask your self why if McCain did such a great job with the training Squadron in FL. did the Navy ship him off to a dead end job in DC after. When I was in that usually meant you screwed up and they were going to get you to resign and get out. If McCain is going to run on his military experience. I think it's time the Media examines that claim.

August 27, 2008 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  25. Mark Wagner

I can't wait for Thursday night. It is going to be a pivotal moment in this election year.

August 27, 2008 02:39 pm at 2:39 pm |