August 27th, 2008

Will.i.am to perform at Invesco

The 'Yes We Can' YouTube video will be recreated.
The 'Yes We Can' YouTube video will be recreated.

DENVER (CNN) – The Emmy-winning “Yes We Can” video that spliced together clips of Barack Obama’s New Hampshire primary night speech and set it to music, will be re-created live on stage at Invesco Field in Denver Thursday night before the Illinois senator accepts the Democratic presidential nomination there.

The video, which appeared shortly before Super Tuesday, became an Internet sensation. It was adopted by the Obama campaign, and used often on the trail.

Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am — who produced the celebrity-packed video — will perform Thursday evening, backed by singer John Legend and a full gospel choir.

Singers Sheryl Crow and Stevie Wonder will also take the stage for the final night of the Democratic convention.

UPDATE: Jennifer Hudson will perform the national anthem Thursday night at Obama's acceptance speech.

1. Lisa M

I take it, that we get to mock McCain when he gets Lawrence Welk to be at RNC.

August 27, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  2. linda n carolina

YEAH BABY........The place is gonna rock. Pssst..hear that McBush....thats the sound of your resounding defeat in Nov!

August 27, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  3. Bill.Im.not

Please give me a break. More pathetic dopes in the enternatinment industry falling head over heals for O'Buma

August 27, 2008 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  4. No Way. No How. NO McCAIN!!

the video is awesome- go check it out on youtube..

there's also another video there by an english musician that is amazing..

August 27, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  5. R.I.F.

It's funny because I go to other major news sites and watch on TV and, although still talking about upset Hilary supporters, they find Hillary supporters with very touvhing stories who are now Obama supporters. In a need for drama and to boost their ratings, CNN has not done such thing. In fact they gave 10 uninterrepted minutes to a Hillary backer last night dissing Obama. I bet CNN almost blew their load over that. In fact I saw them play a portion again today. CNN is almost becoming a video version of the National Enquirer.

August 27, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  6. Sharon

I knew it and being saying it for months there was going to have to be a concert to get people there. Just like the Portland and Berlin crowds. We will never know what he can do on his own. Even though the tickets were sold out within I believe 24 hours everyone knew there would be a concert.

August 27, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  7. milton

I'm not alone when I say that all eyes will be watching to see just exactly HOW many hands will be over the heart during the National Anthem. I'm sure the league of the elite won't screw this one up. Surely. Especially if O' wants to be elected. And, I'm praying the version of the song will be the original version as well.

August 27, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  8. SONGBIRD MCCAIN

Why was Reagan's celebrity a good thing, but Barack's "celebrity" a bad thing? And wouldn't frequent appearances on TV (like last night's spot on Leno) qualify McWar, er, McSame, er, McAncient, er McCNN, er, McBush,er, McOldManLiar a celebrity also?

P.S. google Songbird and learn the truth about McCain's traitorous past! He is no patriot!

August 27, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  9. Pat F

**Wow this will be great! Like, four years of Party at 1600! I wonder if I can get Obama to come to our frat party? It would be SO cool!**

Ok, are the kids in bed now? Can the grown-ups talk?

August 27, 2008 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  10. Jeff in Illinois

Attention Republicans: We now have 28 straight years of proof that Democrats are the Fiscal Conservative party. We have almost 8 full years of proof that the Republican party has no respect whatsoever for the Constitution. Its time to switch, my friends. Too many have been tricked for too long.

August 27, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  11. WALTER

Go Obama
    I've never voted in my life and I'm 44 years old, but I will this November.
    We need change no matter what the party!

August 27, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  12. Penelope

Obama/Biden 08....No way, no how, no McCain! Can I get two of those in a button, and one static graph for my car! Yes, I like it. But then again, for those of you who want McCain, maybe when he makes you homeless, y'all can all move into one of his palatial estates.

August 27, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  13. Robert in raleigh

Yes we can !!!! What a Great closing this is going to be.

August 27, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  14. CT voter

Sounds good!

I really wish they would get Linkin Park into one of these! I wouldn't miss it for the world if they did! Well I still plan to watch, heh.

I'm really excited for November, will be voting for the first time, I'm sorry republicans and what ever is left of Puma but me and all the other college students that have registered to vote will come huge in November, and we will break the tie for Senator Obama...

August 27, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  15. Peter

Senator Barack Obama will restore America to the great land of opportunity it was and still can be. As a young child, growing up in The Netherlands right ofter the WWII, I and envied my cousins and their parents when they emigrated to America; the land of dreams and opportunity. Tthat's the America Barack Obama will give back to us and to the world; a shining beacon of hope and liberty. I also remember, upon visiting merica, Lady Liberty in the harbour of New York City; one look and my heart swelled with pride, and again I envied my cousins and their parents for coming to America and becoming part of that dream that's called A M E R I C A . Celebrfate America with Barack Obama as President of the Unites States of America!

August 27, 2008 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  16. SONGBIRD MCCAIN

After suffering through the past 8 years, we NEED Obama!

Bush = McCain

McCain = Bush

August 27, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  17. Sherry/SC

Well, as usual, I know that you will not post this but here goes.

This goes to show that this is all Obama is about – show people, partying, bowing down and worshiping the self-proclaimed one – Obama.

Don't you people get sick of Obama being about Obama and what Hollywood people can do for him? IF, and I mean a BIG IF – he had any substance, he would win the election based on what he can do for America, not what America can do for him. You people really need to grow up and realize that we (real Americans) know that we have to protect ourselves from terrorists, threats and also insiders who would love to destroy the US. Come on, pleople, it's time to grow up and stop playing games – this is serious business and we need a leader who knows how to take things serious and make this country work. John McCain is that leader. Once he is elected, maybe some of these "Hollywood" stars can invite Obama out their and get him and his wife into acting for movies instead of in real life. CNN – you need to clean sweep your reporters and find some who want a real, serious job – one that provides real news coverage.

August 27, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  18. Phil, Ashburn, VA

McShame... invite Abba... Am sure Liberman, Rudy, BUsh and Cheney will attract about 10 people.

August 27, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  19. Jonas Piedmont

The blue collar worker who's been told he is a victim of the "rich" will be thrilled that will i am is there. He was so close to making it on his own, but his union rep reminded him he's nothing without the union and the government support of the union. How sad. All he needed was a little push from a culture that reminded him this is the USA, and you can accomplish what you want regardless of anything. So the liberals have taken all this away from him-from his educational upbringing to what he sees on TV. Now he's told YES WE CAN. Maybe if he learned YES I CAN in school rather than "you are a victim," he'd be ok.

August 27, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  20. joe

will i am -good choice finally -should have chosen hillary as vp too.
    biden voted for the war too-judgement ?? like rev wright said" just another politician"
    hillary 2012

August 27, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  21. Chi4Obama

Obama has "Will i am".

But guess what, John McCain was a POW!

August 27, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  22. mr scott

i voted for the gal. darn it anyway! ok mr O, you get the wheel.

it's more pathetic then humourous how jealous and surly some sound because great performers with pull are just naturally wanting to support the big o.

i have nothing against the average republican at all. it's so sad to see this jealously and weakness in some though. continues to remind me why I could "never pull the lever" for the base of fear and sactimony that comes from the remnents of the former authenitic political party now turned Pious Posturers incorporated.

August 27, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  23. Kelli

First off, celebrities are people also with voting rights! If Obama was a white man, this wouldnt be such an issue. Im tired of people talking about how Obama acts so arrogant, like a celebrity, he has to also appeal to the younger generation which is our future!

August 27, 2008 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  24. No Way. No How. NO McCAIN!!

McCain has no real leadership qualities- he was only a POW, nothing more.

McCain is not qualified to lead.

August 27, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  25. Libs be dopes

A slick road show cannot make up for lack of substance and experience

August 27, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |