August 27th, 2008

Will.i.am to perform at Invesco

The 'Yes We Can' YouTube video will be recreated.
The 'Yes We Can' YouTube video will be recreated.

DENVER (CNN) – The Emmy-winning “Yes We Can” video that spliced together clips of Barack Obama’s New Hampshire primary night speech and set it to music, will be re-created live on stage at Invesco Field in Denver Thursday night before the Illinois senator accepts the Democratic presidential nomination there.

The video, which appeared shortly before Super Tuesday, became an Internet sensation. It was adopted by the Obama campaign, and used often on the trail.

Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am — who produced the celebrity-packed video — will perform Thursday evening, backed by singer John Legend and a full gospel choir.

Singers Sheryl Crow and Stevie Wonder will also take the stage for the final night of the Democratic convention.

UPDATE: Jennifer Hudson will perform the national anthem Thursday night at Obama's acceptance speech.

1. Farrell, Houston, Tx

THANK GOD WE AND ARE SOLDIERS WATCHING DON'T HAVE TO HEAR ANOTHER POW STORY. OBAMA/BIDEN

August 27, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  2. Clinton, no, wait, McCain Supporter

Love this! I'm sure Middle America and older voters will be just tickled pink to hear the Chosen Music of The New World Order.

August 27, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  3. yasmine

yes we can sorry hillary!

August 27, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  4. Len.

Great!!!!!!!!!! I'll be watching the whole event.

To all of you negatives out there simply open your minds and think through the consiqueces of another four years of a republican administration.

August 27, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  5. Linda K.

Enough with the haters! Obama will do plenty for America but Thursday will be a time to celebrate. We're on our way to having a new president with judgment and vision for our country. Let's end the Republican rule!

Oh, and Laila, don't mess with post-menopausal women. You'll get there one day. My opinion is that by the time you reach this stage of your life, you can say whatever you want.

August 27, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  6. truth101

You hear that sound? It's Obama steadily sinking in the polls and surrendering his lead to McCain in every category. McCain survived five years in a living hell called a POW camp. The milquetoast Obama would not have lasted 5 minutes in that camp. McCain overcame that challenge with courage and dignity. Obama's biggest challenge in his life to date: overcoming his student loans.

Obama: No experience, No accomplishments, No way!

Obama: It's like putting the batboy in charge of the baseball team.

August 27, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  7. 1911

Enough with the Obama celebrity attacks already. For we all know that Ronald Regan was the biggest celebrity ever...The man was an ACTOR before his political career (have we forgotten)!

August 27, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  8. Scott in Pgh

If the rich and famous support him, he has to be good, right? right?
    More proof that it's nothing but a popularity contest for the Dems, and a contest to gain the blessing of the religious right for the Repubs. This is why I'm writing in "none of the above" this year.

August 27, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  9. FactCheck

> I see gas prices are coming down for several days in a row.. thank you Mr. Bush,

Wow... stupidity at work. Listen, there was this thing called the Olympics and it was held at this place called China and this China place, they practically banned automobiles in one of the biggest cities during this time. In Economics, there's this thing called "supply and demand"... oh forget it, please go back to watching American Idol.

August 27, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  10. Sick & Tired of Nobama

NOT NOW, NOT EVER, NOT OBAMA. The DNC will go down in flames with their celebrity candidate.
    You all saw the strongest woman in the world last night. The DNC could have let the election take it's course and she would be our nominee who would surley beat McCain.
    Now they have this joker who couldn't beat George Bush in an election.
    McCain 08 I will vote republican 1st time in 56 years.
    NOBAMA

August 27, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  11. Done with Dems

Again, who schedules this stuff? Don't they know there are Brady Bunch reruns on at the same time.

August 27, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  12. Susan from Scotts Valley, CA

Desire – Michigan – Clinton wouldn't bring 18 million votes. I think she did an awesome job last night but a big chunk of those 18 million votes would never vote for Obama even if she were on the ticket and some of those (a lot of them) were Republicans.

If she REALLY had 18 million supporters, she wouldn't still be in debt.

His selfishness and arrogance gave the Clintons two nights at HIS convention.

August 27, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  13. Gino

what Qualifies you to be a U. S president? experience? none of the people applying for the job has ever held the position or anything like it before. So i think we need a little more than that , judgement, Vision and Integrity,character, background and what you propose to do for the American people are way more important since you are not an incumbent candidate you don't have presidential experience to be literal. a president and a senator do extremely different thing and POTUS has way more power and does a whole lot more 27 years in the senate will not give you a clue in of a day in the life of a president.
    Obama beats Mccain on all those other fronts only thing mccains been on the senate longer. to me that alone doesn't Qualify him to be POTUS, he lacks the Vision, character , and his platforms doesn't work for me. What he is proposing we have been doing for 71/2 years and quiet frankly we need change. Doing the same thing and expecting a difference is insanity. I am willing to let try something new and know that if we all come together we can make it work. This just my real opinion there's nothing stronger than the people not even money. 65-70 percent of americans don't want out this iraq war and about the same number names the economy as their number 1 concern and the average american household income is $35,000 so John Mccain is really not that aligned with the people .. Thats why i am voting for Barrack Obama not because i am some "Koolaid" drinking " Yes We Can" chanting obamabot or what ever u call people who believe in and support the Obama Campaign...In november we will see if people have the courage to vote their hearts think about your Family and your lives when you pull that leveler because this elections is very important , vote for what benefits them.

August 27, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  14. yasmine

Hillary maybe you can try again in 2012, thats what you were planning since long before loosing, by giving the republicans so much amunition against barack, good luck. and now after so much damage and divisive politics you want to try and unite us please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes we can ! barack/biden for 2 terms

August 27, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  15. TAYO, NY

YES WE CAN, YES WE CAN

OBAMA/BIDEN 08

August 27, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  16. MM

Hilary Clinton that old middleaged women is just jealous that young handsome Barack Obama who would make an excellent president has stolen her thunder. Jealous, jealous , jealous. I am Barack's age and I am voting for him.

August 27, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  17. Ted

Obama/Biden 08!
    Yes they can!

August 27, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  18. FRANK

CLINTON DEMOCRATS FOR MCCAIN!!!

OBAMA MADE A BAD CHOICE IN BIDEN THE ONLY WAY WE CLINTO DEMOCRATS WOULD HAVE SUPPORTED OBAMA IS IF HE SHOWED US THE RESEPCT OF PLACING HILLARY ON THE TICKET!!

HE HAS SHOWED US AGAIN HIS JUDGEMENT IS POOR AND HE IS NOT READY TO LEAD!! I AM GLAD HE IS FALLING IN THE POLLS AS AMERICANS YOUNG AND OLD REALIZE HE IS NOT READY TO LEAD... HIS CHANGE THEME IS A JOKE BECAUSE OBAMA IS POLITICS AS USUAL...

JOHN MCCAIN IS CHANGE WE NEED HE PROVEN BIPARTISM RECORD AND WILLINGNESS TO WORK WITH ALL PARTIES WILL LEAD US TO A BRIGHT PROSPEROUS FUTURE!!

CLINTON DEMOCRATS FOR MCCAIN!!!

August 27, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  19. Mike, Syracuse NY

Sounds like if you can get Obama off the agenda it will be a good show.

August 27, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  20. FRANK

YES WE CAN ... STOP OBAMA NOW!!
    YES WE CAN ... STOP OBAMA NOW!!
    YES WE CAN ... STOP OBAMA NOW!!
    YES WE CAN ... STOP OBAMA NOW!!
    YES WE CAN ... STOP OBAMA NOW!!
    YES WE CAN ... STOP OBAMA NOW!!

DEMOCRATS FOR MCCAIN, TIME FOR REAL CHANGE NOT A SIDE SHOW!!!

CLINTON DEMOCRATS FOR MCCAIN!!! CHANGE WITH A PLAN!!

August 27, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  21. Jerry Harrington, Deep South Texas

I've been a long time Republican for all my life. But for the past decade, all I have seen is my wages go down, which adversely affected my wife and 4 kids. I'm not even sure why I voted Republican for all of these years, but I suppose it has been a family tradition in believing that Republicans shared America's values. That is not the case now, I don't believe so. I'm not so trusting of John McCain, but i'm neither trusting of Barack Obama. I don't trust McCain because he comes from a time of economic slump and wartime, and he might just want to bring all that back here to Texas by deploying more troops and seeing more killed. I don't trust Barack Obama because... well to be honest, i'm not sure why? He hasn't done anything to make me distrusting of him. I guess it might be because he's not like a typical American – white and wholesome.

I am writing this because i would like to admit that i was a racist before, but for the betterment of this country, we need not go to our past and pick the candidate from the past. We instead NEED to elect Barack Obama, whether or not we have any qualms about trusting him. The time is now. I'm going to move to Canada if McCain is elected. Sorry my fellow Americans, but just like I voted for Bush the last two times, i'm not voting for McCain. The fact of the matter is, if you vote for McCain, don't complain for what he does to you and what he will do further to my family.

August 27, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  22. Jed

perhaps McCain can get ABBA ......

August 27, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  23. Robert in raleigh

Yes We Can IIIIIII!!!!!! Clinton's both of them are Untrustworthy

August 27, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  24. Jerry

I guess Senator NObama thinks that if he surrounds himself with idiotic celebrities that he is going to impress voters. How wrong! Some of us are already tired of his celebrity mongering.

But, what else can you expect from an individual that doesn't have much to offer. His celebrity status may impress our youth. However, even if they vote at all, they are not going to influence this election that much. Goes to show how misguided the Senator can be.

Senator NObama and his misguided, bleeding-heart supporters are holding the Democratic Party hostage. Any voter that disagrees with the Senator is immediately branded a racist or not a true Democrat. Well, I am a Senator Clinton supporter and I don't agree with the Senator's politics/policies and will not be supporting him.

August 27, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  25. NYmike

Like the starry eyed Obama supporter said "I don't care about the issues, Obama sends text messages and is technically savvy so he has my vote" The biggest political failure since McGovern is coming – print this one out and look at it on November 5th. If Obama had a brain he would have let Hillary have this next four years, she would have screwed things up so badly that he would be king in 2012 – instead he will take Howard Dean's spot in a year or two after he loses his Illinois seat – oh, there was tough election LOL

August 27, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |