August 28th, 2008

Crowley: Team Obama wanted a show and it has one

Thousands of Democrats await Obama's acceptance speech.
Thousands of Democrats await Obama's acceptance speech.

DENVER (CNN) – The crowd at Invesco Field is now almost at capacity. Beachballs are being bounced overhead as the crowd does the wave.

Team Obama wanted a show and it has one.

It will be interesting to see how all of this plays outside of the stadium after tonight.

Watch: 'American needs Obama,' says Richardson

A familiar name just spoke - Susan Eisenhower, grand daughter of the very Republican late president Dwight (“I like Ike”) Eisenhower.

My colleague Jessica Yellin also just witnessed quite a moment. Civil rights hero Rep. John Lewis and Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., son of civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, hugging each other and weeping on this historic night - the anniversary of King’s “I Have a Dream” speech and the night a biracial man accepts the nomination of the Democratic Party.

On top of everything else, a number of military types are currently on stage testifying to Obama's ability to be the next commander in chief.

1. Denise

SHOW the GOP how they could have done it if McBush could have gotten people to attend his acceptance speech, and God had not decided to rain on his parade

August 28, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  2. maria

ALL this money that could have been spent on something really worthwhile and lasting.....like helping out the VICTIMS OF KATRINA.

August 28, 2008 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  3. Ray from CA

Greatest event ever

Obama-Biden 08

August 28, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  4. Cheryl Swaim

I wonder if John Lewis cries in his sleep. Is color more important than friendship? He ought to know.

August 28, 2008 10:04 pm at 10:04 pm |
  5. Lynnette Steele

Hi I just want to complain about MSNBC. Obama's speech was released to the public and some of the things Obama is going to say tonight was read. Why would they do that? We would have like to have heard it from from Obama first. That is the second time MSNBC gave away something that should have been a surprise.The first one was them telling us that Obama was coming for a surprise showing to see Bidin. Now this ,what are they going to tell us next, who McCain picked for V.P.? I like MSNBC but this is too much. Don't you think.

August 28, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  6. Franky

Susan Eisenhower was there?? I've never been so proud...

August 28, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  7. Dale Scott

PLEASE take all the clutter off of your screen during the balance of the convention coverage. It is too distracting and minimizes the visuals of the coverage of the convention

August 28, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  8. Joe

ALL men and women of good faith must rise up for a change enough is enough. Gop and all blood suckers must go!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a challenge to Humanity!, no doubt.
    ALL the lies, ALL the spining, all the blood spill, ALL THE KILLING MUST COMES TO AN END., ALL the war mongers must be stop and put to their place.
    "Whatever goes up must come down" The time is here!
    RISE UP, RISE UP, RISE UP TO HUMANINITY.
    No going back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now or never

August 28, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  9. Newly Independent Former Dem Writing in Hillary

Dear Candy Crowley

I doubt if you care what I have to say, but let me say it for everyone else.

I am NOT a PUMA. I am a former Dem now Independent.. I happen to be female, retired teacher/state employee.

I have decided in the past few hours since Sen. Biden's speech that I will SUPPORT BIDEN.

Obama comes with the package because he is Biden's partner on the Oregon ballot.

Candy, if you REALLY want to know who will/will not for vote for Obama, READ THESE POSTS.

August 28, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  10. Peter of Oregon

Heh Crowley... I like how you said "the night a biracial man accepts the nomination." He may be bi-racial, but like my African American wife who's ethnicity is somewhere between 13% and 25% African, Barack Obama is African American.

August 28, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  11. Hillary Your Are the Woman!!!

I DON'T WANT A SHOW FOR A PRESIDENT!

HUMBLE WORKS GOOD FOR ME!!!

August 28, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  12. Scott L

"I get it. I realize that I am not the likeliest candidate for this office. I don't fit the typical pedigree, and I haven't spent my career in the halls of Washington."

Obama playing the race card yet again. If anyone is racist, it is him...

August 28, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  13. Robert Wooller from Bradford England, UK

News is coming through that the Republican Convention may be delayed because of a hurricane. If this happened a lot of Americans will be thinking this is an act of God, especially after what happened during Katrina. It has to be. If the RNC was delayed, then this must be Nature's punishment for how badly the Republican Bush administration dealt with Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath. And Republicans know they are very deserving of this to happen. I myself think this but want a fair election so if we win we know we have done it because of Obama, our effort and not a hurricane.

August 28, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  14. Dan

Barack Obama is my hero!

August 28, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  15. No Hillary = No Obama

OH MY GOD – what an Obama-centric video!!! Lost count of how many times he has already said "I" and his wife giving testimonals. What an extravaganza of self-indulgence. Could you see MLK or John Kennedy having a show about THEMSELVES? This is offensive.

August 28, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  16. J.R.

I wonder if Obama knows he is not God!

August 28, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  17. Willy

If obama does get elected can we finally get that MLK speech to stop running every year because you miss the point.

August 28, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  18. Franky

How many people did he start with first when he announced his campaign?? I'm not gonna lie but I'm looking at the numbers before the primaries started and all I gotta say is WOW!!!!

August 28, 2008 10:13 pm at 10:13 pm |
  19. chitowngal07

That's nice they wanted a show and I would like to hear actual solutions to the problems average people have. I am still waiting.

NOT A REPUBLICAN AND NO LONGER A DEMOCRAT SO HERE'S MY TWO BITS:

I am from Chicago and I can tell you Obama is all talk no substance.....
    Chitowngal waiting for Change.........................................
    waiting...................................................................................
    still waiting.............................................................................
    what's that Obama want to become President of the U.S. darn better get the rest of the chairs out of the basement so we call all "HOPE" AND WAIT FOR "CHANGE".........................................................
    STILL WAITING HERE IN CHICAGO WHERE HE SUPPOSSEDLY REPRESENTS US FOR A WHOLE FOUR YEARS AND TWO OF THOSE HE HAS SPENT CAMPAIGNING FOR PRESIDENT....................

WAITING................................................................................

August 28, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  20. Franky

Michelle takes the train?? Somebody better give her a ride.

August 28, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  21. California Gold

Good grief, he just took the stage 2 minutes before you posted. If you want answers to your questions you need to listen.

August 28, 2008 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  22. susie

When is Obama going to talk about policies? I think I know his life story by heart, I've heard it so many times.

August 28, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  23. Sara

Crowley – REPUBLICAN

Shove it.

August 28, 2008 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  24. Sara

Stop the hystrionics

We love this man – we hate the warmonger.

Obama/Biden '08

Go away you haters

August 28, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  25. Wanda

Its OVER McBush. GO HOME!

August 28, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |