August 28th, 2008

McCain camp won't reveal VP tonight

(CNN) - John McCain’s presidential campaign has decided not to reveal the name of his running mate until Friday, a senior McCain source tells CNN.

McCain will appear in Ohio tomorrow with his vice presidential pick.

“This is Barack Obama’s night,” said the source.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. ANGEL

I AM DEEPLY PROUD THAT SENATOR MCCAIN WILL BE THAT MUCH RESPECTFUL TO LET PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA HAVE HIS MOMENT TONIGHT.

August 28, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  2. grant

Like they had any choice. If they could do anything to distract people beyond their absurd ads, they would.

August 28, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  3. ANGEL

August 28, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  4. KATHLEEN

We know who he chose. We don't care.
    The fact that Bush and Cheney showed absolutely NO RESPECT
    for the People that voted for them, tells me that McCain will be no
    different.

Unlike what the Republicans would like us to believe THE Movie
    Stars, famous people, and talented entertainers of our time are part of who we are as Americans.
    and the fact that they took their time to come out and stand up for
    what they believe in is exciting to me as an American.

Thank you Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, Oprah, Madonna, John Legend, Stevie Wonder!Caroline Kennedy, Maria Shriver I think Matt Damon. These people are
    so important to the Democratic Race for Obama.

The Republicans, including Bush, want to shut them up and brainwash us to believe these celebrities are not important!!!
    Bull–it.!!!!! Yes they are and I thank them for being there for us
    who need them!!!! Thank You. I will be looking for more of you.
    Please, let us hear your voice.

Ben Affleck will be in politics someday. I think that is his wish
    and he would be great!!!! Ben was campaigning with Kerry when
    Kerry ran for Pres. and I will never forget him for that.

August 28, 2008 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  5. honesty

BO = empty suit

August 28, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  6. obama 08-12

go obama go

August 28, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  7. Franky

"McCain is a gentleman."

I don't know if you can say that about his first marriage if you know what I mean, LOL!!!

I'm coming out swinging baby!!! Just show me what you got, and I'll bust out...

August 28, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  8. Kofi Manani

Isn't that nice that McSame McCane does not want to upstage Barack's speech, ahhhh! That's so cute!!! What a chump!!!

August 28, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  9. Rebecca

I'm still holding out for Condi ! Now THAT would be a ticket.

August 28, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  10. Crush Rush

I went outside to see whos on a middle income street and hardly a soul was out as usual,they were inside watching their tvs and I bet they were watching this convention.

August 28, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  11. Paul

NClaw441,thanks for the well thought out post. People do care. You Liberals might not care,but others do. Also I think it shameful your attack a guy that been totally graceful tonight in not attacking Obama and letting him have history night. Show some respect people!

August 28, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  12. Adam

For all the young people out there who don't realize that politicians lie, well, let me say it again.

Politicians do whatever they can to get into office.

Obama says he will change change change. Which is odd, because he is no different than any other liberal wing Democrat.

At least McCain is an honorable man.
    McCain 08

August 28, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  13. Kathy

Let's have a debate on a bridge here in Minneapolis/St. Paul with BIden and Pawlenty and see who is left standing. If Pawlenty is the vp choice of McCain you can bet Minnesota will go to the Democrats. Pawlenty has only brought division, bad management, and yes broken down bridges and schools to a state that prides itself on being progressive and caring.

August 28, 2008 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  14. What is in bama ?

Obama and his buddies have captured this nomination by dumping Hillary. This is a FACT, and will go in history books.

I still remember the primaries how he failed to recognize President Clinton's work and efforts made for African-Americans, and labelled Prez Clinton a racist.

Opportunist as Obama is, he himself made failed judgement all his life, and now again by picking old Washington politican Biden thinking Biden will help, but I do not think so.

August 28, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  15. Michael

Nobody cares about Obama. We all know he will loss in this election. MCCain knows more in this country.

August 28, 2008 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |
  16. Willy

I just got the text message; IT's HILLARY!!!

August 28, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  17. GOP for OBAMA

I *was* voting for McSame...but if he doesn't pick Cheney I'm voting for Obama.

August 28, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  18. Kim, WI

Yet he makes sure to try and cause a media stir to distract attention away from the DNC>

What a fake!

August 28, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  19. Randy

I'm watching the run-up to the Zeus Obama speech. Wow. What's in that cool aid? I can't bear to watch it anymore.

August 28, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  20. Joe

ALL men and women of good faith must rise up for a change enough is enough. Gop and all blood suckers must go!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is a challenge to Humanity!, no doubt.
    ALL the lies, ALL the spining, all the blood spill, ALL THE KILLING MUST COMES TO AN END., ALL the war mongers must be stop and put to their place.
    "Whatever goes up must come down" The time is here!
    RISE UP, RISE UP, RISE UP TO HUMANINITY.
    No going back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!now or never

August 28, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  21. chitowngal07

NOT A REPUBLICAN AND NO LONGER A DEMOCRAT SO HERE'S MY TWO BITS:

I am from Chicago and I can tell you Obama is all talk no substance.....
    Chitowngal waiting for Change.........................................
    waiting...................................................................................
    still waiting.............................................................................
    what's that Obama want to become President of the U.S. darn better get the rest of the chairs out of the basement so we call all "HOPE" AND WAIT FOR "CHANGE".........................................................
    STILL WAITING HERE IN CHICAGO WHERE HE SUPPOSSEDLY REPRESENTS US FOR A WHOLE FOUR YEARS AND TWO OF THOSE HE HAS SPENT CAMPAIGNING FOR PRESIDENT....................

WAITING................................................................................

August 28, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |
  22. Cupper

Gentleman?

That he turned his back on his wife after she was seriously injured in a car
    accident, committed adultery, and left the mother of his children when he
    found a younger, wealthier woman.

Hmmm... nice "gentleman".

McCain also insisted he¹d been divorced for months before remarrying. That
    wasn¹t true, either. (In fact, the LAT reported, ³McCain obtained an Arizona
    marriage license on March 6, 1980, while still legally married to his first
    wife.²)

August 28, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  23. dad&daughterbloggers

Does it really matter. Hopefully whom ever he choses is smarter than his economic and health care advisors.

For those of you voting for McCain, check this out:
    (CNN) – A health care policy adviser for the McCain campaign told a newspaper reporter that nobody in the United States is technically uninsured, because everyone has access to hospital emergency rooms.

"So I have a solution [to the health care crisis]. And it will cost not one thin dime," John Goodman, president of the National Center for Policy Analysis, told the Dallas Morning News in an interview published Thursday.

"The next president of the United States should sign an executive order requiring the Census Bureau to cease and desist from describing any American – even illegal aliens – as uninsured. Instead, the bureau should categorize people according to the likely source of payment should they need care. So, there you have it. Voila! Problem solved."

Hospital emergency rooms cannot technically turn away anyone for financial reasons.

"So instead of producing worthless statistics that people fling around in vacuous editorials and pointless debates, the Census Bureau should produce meaningful numbers, identifying all of the sources of funds people will draw on if they need medical care," said Goodman, who helped write McCain’s health care plan.

That plan would use a combination of tax incentives and market competition to make health care more affordable. It is not a universal health care plan – it does not guarantee insurance coverage for every American.

August 28, 2008 10:14 pm at 10:14 pm |
  24. Joshua College Station Texas

Translation: we thought we could compete by making the announcement, but now we realize we can't even come close, so let's not try.

August 28, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  25. California Gold

Thanks for posting that article dad&daughterbloggers. I could hardly believe my eyes when I read the McCain "Policy" and point of view on this subject.

Then again the only think I have heard McCain say about public health care is this 'don't get sick if you can't afford it'

August 28, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |