August 30th, 2008

Cindy McCain: 'Offended' by Obama's comments on wealth

(CNN) – Cindy McCain told an interviewer that she was "offended by Barack Obama" and other Democrats who have been hammering her husband John McCain for being unable to immediately answer a question about how many homes he owns.

"I'm offended by Barack Obama saying that about my husband," she told ABC News in an interview set to air Sunday. Asked if she thought Obama had gone too far in his criticism, she said "I do. I do. I really do."

McCain - whose net worth has been estimated at around $100 million - said her father was a self-made man. "My father had nothing. He and my mother sold everything they had to raise $10,000," she said. "I'm proud of what my dad and my mother did and what they built and left me. And I intend to carry their legacy as long as I can."

1. Capsaicin

The McCain campaign has been sliming Obama with charges of 'elitism' long before McCain made his out-of-touch gaffe about houses. Cry me a river Cindy, you're both such poor, innocent victims! NOT

August 30, 2008 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  2. Bryan

Oh please give me a break. you hypocrite

August 30, 2008 06:13 pm at 6:13 pm |
  3. Northwest Washington

Give me a break. John McCain was the one who started the elitist accusations against Obama. Cindy McCane has never had to lift a finger to work. She was given her position of wealth based on the efforts of her mother and father. John McCain would have never gotten into the naval acadamy let alone graduated if his father and grandfather had not been admirals.

I really don't care what she thinks!

August 30, 2008 06:49 pm at 6:49 pm |
  4. Bryan

The democrats are in trouble. I'm a democrat and I just love Cindy and Sarah! My family who are republicans were not that excited about McCain but yesterday Sarah had my mom in tears and my entire family is so excited about her and how much she adds in the form of excitment to McCain.

McCain/Palin 2008

Hillary/?? 2012

August 30, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  5. Ryan, CA

Cindy is offended by Barack attacking John...

...for forgetting how many houses they own, while trying to relate to millions of American in foreclosure.

I'm offended by her ignorance.

August 30, 2008 09:04 pm at 9:04 pm |