MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota (CNN) - The McCain campaign has arranged a charter flight from Minneapolis-St. Paul to Jackson, Mississippi, on Sunday afternoon for delegates who wish to return to the Gulf Coast region ahead of Hurricane Gustav, CNN has learned.
Louisiana Republican State Party Chair Roger Villere Jr. tells CNN some Louisiana delegates have already departed while others plan to leave, though he could not give exact numbers.
The same plane will fly back to Minnesota if delegates have children or other family members they want to remove from the area.
“The McCain campaign has been extremely helpful," Villere said.
Scott – Are you the Scott that I met over at DNC headquarters ? The pay must be really good to be driving that big gas guzzling Hummer.
About time he did some constructive with his campaign money instead of running those downright disgraceful ads.
IMHO, the Democratic attacks are not warranted. I'd like to break down some of their criticism.
1. McCain votes with Bush 90% of the time. That's not change.
Obama votes with the Democratic majority 96% of the time. Obama is more of the same if you view their voting record.
2. McCain was out of his mind to select Sarah Palin. This selection was brilliant. She is a strong conservative that brought excitement to the conservative base of the republican party. In addition, she has brought reform and cracked down against corruption in her own party. The Democrat's argument of lack of experience is not valid as Obama is fairly inexperienced as well. Sarah has been to Iraq-contrary to what an Obama support posted earlier. I have yet to seen Obama or Biden break away from their party for the interests of the American people.
3. McCain does not care about the American people. He was a POW that had a chance to leave early. He declined and allowed another POW to leave in his place. He talks about trying to help people that are hurt by "Free Trade Agreement", but media seems to focus more with Obama on that issue.
4. McCain was wrong in his judgement. McCain went against his party and a popular president in the early 80s regarding Beirut. He was later proven correct. Obama took his comments about Afghanistan out of context regarding "muddling through". He did not include the next line that advised more troops may be needed. In additional, he was the first to support the surge that helped lower the violence. (increased security allowed meetings to take place with locals that led to increased co-operation) He did not support the low troops levels that Rumsfield placed in Iraq that allowed the violence to increase.
5. Obama attacks McCain for being in Washington for over 20 years and not being an agent of change. Why did he pick Biden who has just as much if not more years in Washington?
Obama and Biden may be nobel statesmen, but I am making a rational decision and voting for McCain/Palin. .
As a campaign expense, these plane trips will allowed and also tax-deductible-while trying to impress the GOP faithful with McCain's "benevolent efforts" to "care for" his working supporters. Those campaign organizers are paying attention to "how it all looks" all the time. The history of the GOP and it"s actions over the past eight years has convinced me that their actions appear to be for their own selfish purposes. If the result happens to benefit others, the benefit is usually unimportant. Their goal always seems to be to benefit the party machine.