September 1st, 2008

Bush may address RNC via satellite Tuesday

Bush may address the convention via satellite Tuesday.
Bush may address the convention via satellite Tuesday.

(CNN) - President Bush may still address the Republican National Convention via satellite from Washington Tuesday evening, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

Perino said the White House is still awaiting world from the Republican National Committee about scheduling possibilities.

"We're waiting to hear what the convention decides on scheduling, so we haven't made any definitive plans yet," she said.

"We're not planning to travel tomorrow," she added.

1. Ramesh Shrestha

The GOP convention will remain incomplete in the history without one of their greatest president. John McCain will lose the election if George W. Bush does not plead with the American people to vote for him. The generations will blame him for this historic defeat. How can he afford to take such blame through the rest of his life.

President, you must be there.

September 1, 2008 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  2. non black nonwhite

Bush should address the RNC and please CNN put this on primetime so the whole world can see that McCain and Bush are cut from the same cloth since most of Americans think this already.

Also if Bush can show up on "Deal or NO Deal" he can surely make time to show up for the RNC.

September 1, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  3. earl

After looking at McCain and Palin, George Bush is a king in my eyes!

September 1, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  4. Alex

do it! Everyone loves bush!

September 1, 2008 08:17 pm at 8:17 pm |
  5. Alex

earl September 1st, 2008 8:16 pm ET

After looking at McCain and Palin, George Bush is a king in my eyes!

----–

I have a different interpretation. Bush is safer than McCain.

September 1, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  6. Tony

Please let George talk all he wants!!!!

September 1, 2008 08:20 pm at 8:20 pm |
  7. Jeffer65

If i were McCain I would say "thanks, but no thanks, George. You've done enough harm."

September 1, 2008 08:21 pm at 8:21 pm |
  8. Regis

It is Gustav.

September 1, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  9. Griff

My Hero! George Bush Jnr!!! He was not afraid. A Man alone but with; "Broad Shoulders." . A real leader... Not a "Man who bends in a Breeze"...

September 1, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  10. Marie-Lynn

Who cares

September 1, 2008 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  11. Tony

If only we could elect George W. Bush to a third term. He is the only true American we've had on our side. Well also Rumsfeld and Cheney and Rove. These guys will be missed.

September 1, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  12. Tracy Gearge

Please Bush stay home. We still remember what you did after Katrina three years ago. We have NOT forgotten!!

September 1, 2008 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  13. Lee from FL

i hope he does.
    let him tell his fellow GOP that they wont have a job for much longer

September 1, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  14. Latinos for Obama-Biden

After Bush I thought it couldn't get worse. Boy was I wrong. Panamanian McCain and his side-gate Ms. GATE, I mean Palin is a disgrace to this country.

September 1, 2008 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  15. RapidRay

Feeling like you're getting support from people....47 Million dollars in one month.

Suspending your convention plans because there's a hurricane happening....one night.

Having the power go out when the most unpopular president in history wants to phone in his support....PRICELESS.

September 1, 2008 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  16. Amber T. Oklahoma City

Can that be physically sitting on a satellite that is orbiting out in space?

OBAMA/ BIDEN 08

September 1, 2008 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  17. gm

BUSH, CHENEY AND THE WHOLE BUSH ADMINISTRATION OUGHT TO JUST GO TO THE MOON SO WE CAN MOVE ON.

September 1, 2008 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  18. Independent

Gosh America wake up!....the greatest democracy in the world and we might elect another 4 years of the last 8.

I think as American we have a solemn and important duty to put our prejudices and predispositions aside and elect the BEST President....not someone who agrees with OUR positions on cultural and religious beliefs.

I am a Catholic but do i want a "Pope and chief" or a President. It is so obvious that Obama-Biden is our best candidate for President/Vice-President

Vote the best candidate...to fix this country...that's what democracy is about...Vote with your head not your hate!

September 1, 2008 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  19. Jerry Thomas Burleigh, in Gilbert, Arizona

President Bush, perhaps an apology is in order? I voted for you twice, and am very sorry with what I got in return. Never has our country been in such shaky condition...and yet you seem to show no concern. I am a Republican voting for Obama and Biden in 2008. Despite all the rubbish McCain throws at him, Obama sticks to his message, which is that our country is too Great to let it go down the drain in this way. Let's fight to make it strong once again!

Jerry

September 1, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  20. BIG WIG

Bush is so disappointed. It all backfired. Ask hilliary about that. HA HA HA.

September 1, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  21. Leslie

What?? No warm and fuzzy moments of McCain and Bush hugging and kissing cheeks? Republicans are afraid of the ties and are keeping Bush home. I wonder of Bush is smart enough to figure that one out? Na....

September 1, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  22. VAN in TX

Bush and Ceney is looking far better than MCain-Palin...Can Bush run a Thrid term , please.....??

September 1, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  23. Florida Daryl

I think George would do himself a lot of good if he were to say- My administration wasn't there when the American people needed them most during Katrina. I will do everything in my power to make sure what happened in Katrina, doesn't happen again.....

He'd get a few points in my book. Right now everything surrounding Gustav appears politically driven.

Finally I think it would have said lots if the RNC didn't let Bush speak- unless Bush is going to separate himself from McCain- I don't see how this helps me support McCain.

Bush just wasn't the greatest president .

September 1, 2008 08:39 pm at 8:39 pm |
  24. supporter

I look forward to hearing your suportive word to show America that McCain really does have your total support and he totally supports your programs and policies. I have supported John all along and at first I thought his VP choice was god but the more I see and hear about this youg woman and her lack of familyh values I am quetioning John's judgement and if he was so wrong on his first act what can we expect in the future!!!

September 1, 2008 08:41 pm at 8:41 pm |