September 1st, 2008

McCain communications team sent to Alaska

(CNN) – A senior adviser to John McCain's campaign confirms that they have dispatched a team of 12 people to presumptive VP nominee Sarah Palin's home state of Alaska.

The adviser insists the group is a communications "jump" team that would have gone to any nominee's hometown, and denies reports that the team is now going to further vet Palin.

Filed under: John McCain • Sarah Palin
  1. lanetta brooks

I am so disillusioned. Palin is obviously a good person, but probably needs to pull out and focus on her family's acute issues. I feel sorry for the daughter who is probably already disappointed with herself, and now she is completely humiliated publicly. I would admire Gov Palin more if she did the right thing for her family. Too many scandals and too little time to prove herself to America. The show is unfortunately over.

September 1, 2008 10:57 pm at 10:57 pm |
  2. TellmeY

Johnny Boy, Now who looks like the celeberity? Palin -looks too much like Brittney's Mom–you know the mother of another teen age pregnacy.....Oh and now, I guess she should marry this boy??? Good luck just another family or marriage doomed to end in divorce...but you already know about divorce. P.S...This is not a beauty contest!!!

How do you spell relief? Drop it like is Hot!!!!

September 1, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  3. undercover

well I think that Barack is right that Palins children are off limits, that is admirable of him, however if this had been the other way around Obama wouldnt be afforded the same treatment. I dont think Obama has the resources to be sending people to Alaska to be digging up dirt on the Palins. People who think that is the case are a bit naive. She has her own enemies and they are not happy at all and I guess this is pay back. I would start with the ex brother in law if i wanted to know who leaked the story.

As for the experience part non of the two Obama or McCain have ever been president unless McCain is treating America like a nephew McCain been groomed by uncle Bush to take over the family business, hence i think that on is just a lot of hot air.

America, has more important things to be looking at like the economy, Jobs, pollution, the war, national security etc not trivial things like this. So what....... if she is pregnant does it put food on your table….

September 1, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  4. rose

Now the skeletons begin to come out

September 1, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  5. TN for Obama

HIDE THE EVIDENCE

HIDE THE EVIDENCE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

HIDE THE EVIDENCE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

CRAP.......... EVERYBODY HIDE THE EVIDENCE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

September 1, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  6. BT

WOW. The incompetence and terrible judgment of McCain & Co. is scary. Here is hoping that bunch would not run the free world.

September 1, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  7. McCain Got It Wrong...

McCain's team is an C...Y...A... Team...because McCain got it wrong on his first most important decision ..

JUDGMENT...

JUDGMENT...

JUDGMENT....

You don't call somebody their "SOUL MATE" after meeting ONE Time..!!

How many scadals have already come out of her.. 5 that I have read.. McCain should learn to google and than VETT..

sure more to come...

CNN post this instead of censorship...!!

September 1, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  8. Steve/Houston,TX

This is getting really really interesting! I am anxious to see how all of this plays out! I really believe that Barack Obama is the only way to go!

OBAMA '08

September 1, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  9. asdf

Let's say–for just for the sake of argument–that they find something else, and she's forced to withdraw her name.

Can you imagine being the man or woman that is picked to replace her?

Yeah, I was McCain's second choice... after Sarah Palin.

September 1, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  10. cmb

This is pathetic John should have known better. John is losing his bearings.

September 1, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  11. Kayla

He never vetted her at all. They met once prior to the meeting where he offered her a place on the ticket. The problem here is NOT her, it is the way McCain makes decisions. If this continues to drip drip drip it's not good. Maybe right wing religious nuts love her, but will independents ? I don't think so. Too much is leaking out that is not good in only a couple of days. Miss Congeniality ? yeah right.. she's qualified. She loves PORK barrel spending! HA ! She really does not KNOW that McCain if elected would take that away from her.

This is like a cartoon. She's become a cartoon character in only 3 days. Can't wait for a whole week of this nonsense. All the initial reports have proven to be wrong, those glowing "wow she's a hockey mom" .. it's just laughable to me . If they were smart they'd dump her now before she is actually nominated. Yeah she got them attention alright. Is this the attention she wanted ?

September 1, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |
  12. edward

THINK ABOUT THIS, THIS WOMAN HAS THE EAGO TO THINK SHE CHOULD RUN OUR COUNTRY BECAUSE AFTER ALL (SARAH) THE JOB OF THE V.P.IS FILL IN FOR THE PRES. IF SOMETHING HAPPENS SINCE YOU DIDN'T KNOW... NO WAY IN HELL WHOULD TRUST WITH MY COUNTRY I DON'T CARE HOW MANY MOOSE YOU SHOOT...

September 1, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  13. RLW

TO ALL THE Obama jerks: if your candidate was so wonderful and so refreshing after 8 years of GW who has the lowest approval rating, with ridiculous gas prices, falling economy, and a divisive war in Iraq: why isn't your candidate way ahead in the polls? Could it be people really see what his judgement leads to? His past record of his judgement is nothing to brag about. Need I mention his pastor, Ayers, Rezco. His accomplishments are nothing. Until he actually walks on water, his rhetoric is a joke.

September 1, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  14. NoShame

Well the way I see it Mr. McCain anything done in the dark will come to light. And to think that it is only just beginning.

Obama/Biden08

September 1, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  15. Amy T

Funny how it's this same "cart before the horse process" that got us into Iraq instead of pursuing Bin Laden. I wasn't Obama's number one fan by any stretch, even thought McCain may not be so bad if he picks a decent running mate. However, this BS just motivated me to sign up with the Obama campaign to do my part to push Georgia into the blue column. Two months ago, I thought like he** I'd lift a finger to help him. Like most elections, one again, we in the middle, whether we lean left or right, have to choose the lessor of two evils and put country before party. I finally get it, "eight is enough"!

September 1, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  16. Jay

Im so not an Obama fan But McCain is the stupidest guy I have ever seen.

Picking this Lady as VP was a hot mess.

September 1, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  17. Rob

She s from Wasilla Alaska. Being from Alaska through my formative years, no problem. But, Obama and Palin, are we trying to get the least qualified people for higher office?

September 1, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  18. G

A cowboy is about to leave office and a maverick is trying to get into office. God help us!

September 1, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  19. JR Idaho

Mavericky.

September 1, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  20. 2Nurselady

I think this is just stupid. The only thing that matters is that Palin can do the job.

September 1, 2008 11:04 pm at 11:04 pm |
  21. sarah

please tell me that this is actually the making of a sitcom ... and this is not a vice-presidential vetting reality show. please tell me this is a horrible nightmare & I will wake up at any moment. This country is going to he-double hockey-mom sticks!

September 1, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  22. Joe

Sure, fine ... whatever. Let's be clear. This decision was not vetted. I do feel sorry for Senator McCain. It is clear that the campaign is running him (not the other way around). This was obviously not his decision, but now he looks bad because of it.

September 1, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  23. Mary L

It just makes me smile. More dirt on Palin? Maybe!
    Just another conservative hack! Oh wait, I thought conservatives believed in abstinence before marriage. Obama says off limits on her family, I don't think so. Look what they have done to Michelle. I say go get after them.

September 1, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  24. John in Jacksonville as in Florida

WOW, Kind of remind us when they sent 12 lawers down here to Florida to help poor Katherine Harris through out the ballots for
    a Democratic Presidency? O BTW, in Alaska you just have to tap ONCE in the airport bathroom. How come the republicans are so
    understood? Just ask Karl Rove?

September 1, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  25. Suzy

I can not believe the Repub. are trying to make this be okay. At least you can rely on Repub. keeping a high moral standard. So now for political gain it is okay. They slammed Jamie Lynn Spears. So now teenage pregnancy is okay. This is ridiculous!

September 1, 2008 11:08 pm at 11:08 pm |