September 1st, 2008

McCain communications team sent to Alaska

(CNN) – A senior adviser to John McCain's campaign confirms that they have dispatched a team of 12 people to presumptive VP nominee Sarah Palin's home state of Alaska.

The adviser insists the group is a communications "jump" team that would have gone to any nominee's hometown, and denies reports that the team is now going to further vet Palin.

Filed under: John McCain • Sarah Palin
  1. banderson

I will spell this out so that everyone understands. John McCain will say and do whatever it takes to win an election. He use to accuse Barack Obama of willing to lose a war to win an election yet look at what he did with picking Sarah Palin. He didn't even vet her. This entire thing was about getting votes and trying to win this election. What a farce. I certainly hope the media hold him and the Republican party to account.

September 1, 2008 09:18 pm at 9:18 pm |
  2. Sarah Sarah Sarah

A day late and a dollar short

September 1, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  3. AncientMariner

Isnt that what they should have done before annointing Palin the All American Queen of the United States.

A case of securing the barn after the horses had left?

September 1, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  4. John

hahaha, silly mcsenile can't even pick his VP, how can he run a country

September 1, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  5. dmw

Palin is a true outsider and that is what I love about her. The liberal media is going to try and do all they can to discredit her and it will backfire because we know that the liberal media is for Obama and will try to turn everything to his advantage.

I do not know much about Sarah Palin, but I do know that she is more real than Obama, Biden and even McCain. We want something new and different to come to Washington. We thought it might be Obama, but he turned out to be just a regular, old-school politican wrapped up in a facade and new suit. His change is only that he is black; everything else about him is the same old Democratic nonsense I've heard since I first started voting in 1975. I am black and my family voted Democratic and that is how I voted as well until this year. I will not vote Democratic this year because I am sick and tired of taxes and paying for folks who do not take care of themselves. I am tired of the meanness and the way Hillary Clinton was treated by the Democratic party.

I do agree about shared pain, but it seems with the Democrats the only shared pain, is the pain of taking my tax dollars that I worked hard for and having them going into the pockets of people who do not want to improve their lives and people who make bad decisions, whine about it, then I have to pay for them to get out of trouble. I am sick of it!

Sarah Palin although she is flawed; so am I and all people I know. She is real and not a fake. She is not tarnished. I like that! What the Daily Kos did to her and her daughter is shameful and I am disgusted with the liberal left right now. What happened to all of the feminists?? Are they only for women if they are Democratic?? Sad, sad, sad.

September 1, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  6. J. Sully

Probably trying to get dirl on Palin, after McCain saw Governor Jindal conduct himself so well during the storm. PREDICTION: Dirt will be found and Palin will be out – Jindal in. Great way to conduct your campaign McLame. Hope you don't run the country this way. sure, pick a woman, and pander, pander, pander. Those Hillary voters probably hate Palin!

September 1, 2008 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  7. Jeff in SF

Should have done the vetting BEFORE announcing the pick!

September 1, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  8. b

Umm. Sure... Perhaps you should have vetted BEFORE you chose her??? Oh, I guess you asked and no one wanted to be your running mate? could that be it? Pitiful

September 1, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  9. bill m

Properly vetted huh... Pick a new VP if you don't want to lose by a land slide Mr. McCain.

September 1, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  10. cindy

i thought she was vetted before she was chosen. Is McCain in charge of his campaign? Boy talk about judgement

September 1, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  11. Pete

Here we go " the Judgement " of Mr. McCain. You can't start vetting after you picked your nominee.

I wonder did he think properly that a VP is a heart beat away from being a Commander- in- chief. ???

September 1, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  12. S. Boatman

So Now That So Many Americans Are Outraged About Her Being So Under Qualified To Be A Heartbeat Away From The Presidency. . . They Send A Team To Do Some Real Vetting! I Can Hardly Wait To See What Else Falls Out Of The Closet!

September 1, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  13. Twin Cities Guy

Suuuuuuure they aren't going to further vet Palin. Its not like they want to make sure there are no more surprises coming ahead of the media.

September 1, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  14. Haneefah of Stone Mountain, GA

Not being at home to take care of your family leaves me to believe that taking care of your family was not important enough for Gov. Palin to deal with and she thinks I'd like her to be a heartbeat away from the Presidency (I think not!) She cannot run her own family let alone the United States of America.

VERY BAD CHOICE SENATOR MCCAIN (MCSHAME)! PEOPLE OF THE USA WAKE UP! BUSH PRESIDENCY ALL OVER AGAIN.

HANEEFAH OF STONE MOUNTAIN, GA

September 1, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  15. unforgettable

McCain didn't really vet her and they're afraid more will be dug up.

Palin has very little experience and McCain's people are trying so hard to puff up her feathers with spin.
    I cannot believe they're saying that 1 and a half years of executive experience in a state that has 1/3 the population of Chicago is enough to run the vice-presidency.

Folks, this is NO EXPERIENCE!!!

This is reckless.

September 1, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  16. Steven

Now these doofuses do this. A little late don't you think?

September 1, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  17. gene

yeah... usually a good idea to actually get to know the person who you want to appoint as the #2 in whole country.

McCain... judgment you can believe in.

September 1, 2008 09:22 pm at 9:22 pm |
  18. Clarity through Accoutability

anyone know what a "stinking onion" is ?

Thats what this is looking like......hmmmph

(At every layer you peel back.....it gets more and more rotten.....
    otherwise known as the Bush/Cheney Legacy)

September 1, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  19. Reg

McCain, you are an idiot! Too little, too late. You should pick Romney and send Palin packing!

September 1, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  20. Sera

Yeah right. That's exactly what they're going to there for.

McCain just realized that he should have vetted her before he suddenly choose her.

Wonder what other skeletons are in her closet.

Keep your seat belts on. This is gonna be good.

BTW. Another Hurricane approaching Florida by the end of the week and McCain is supposed to be giving his acceptance speech on Thursday. Wonder what he's gonna do?

Hannah
    Ivan
    Possibly Josephine

September 1, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  21. No More Surprises

Come on people... they are not going there to vet Palin.

McCain vetted Palin during his one visit with her!

September 1, 2008 09:23 pm at 9:23 pm |
  22. Kris K in CA

Too late for that. It is a treasure trove of things they should have know. Apparently McCain's gut feeling is failing.

September 1, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  23. Dave

Shouldn't this have been done a long time ago. They are desperate to see what else is in Palin's closet now before the world finds out. Great job McMoron. Can you say Tom Eagleton?

Dave
    Las Vegas, NV

September 1, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  24. jm from sc

Too late!!! The vetting process is done before making a selection rather than after.

September 1, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |