September 2nd, 2008

Crowley: George H.W. Bush gets standing ovation

The Bushes received a standing ovation at the RNC tonight.
The Bushes received a standing ovation at the RNC tonight.

George H.W. Bush (the Dad) and Barbara Bush just walked into the auditorium of the Republican National Convention and got a standing ovation.

They'll soon listen to their son, slated to beam in via satellite from the White House.

Next up, a first responder to the Minneapolis bridge collapse last year. They are currently showing video of her crawling into a partially submerged car.

1. MOST IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ARE AGENTS FROM HELL

I JUST HOPE OLE DUSFUS CAN SAY SOMETHING HALF WAY SMART

September 2, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  2. Anthony

who cares, he was a terrible president

September 2, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  3. Wendy

Read my lips – no way no how no McCain

September 2, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  4. Independent, white female for Obama

Was Laura the only person there?

September 2, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  5. susie

Why does Obama's camp have Palin's social security number, as reported on Politico?

September 2, 2008 09:28 pm at 9:28 pm |
  6. Bob Carroll

Look into the crowd and what do you see missing from this convention that was so noticeable at the Democratic convention! A minority presence. I am a white male, ex Republican. I look into the convention, and it's scary to see all those that are talking "Country First", and I look at a place that is all white. There are the token minorities in the crowd (I guess you could call them Palinites– those out in the open to appease others). We are a very diverse nation, and this convention doesn't reflect one.

September 2, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  7. Democrats Up For Grabs !!!

Awesome !!!!!

September 2, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  8. Stephy

that's the only reason i need to vote democratic!

September 2, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  9. Lola

Yawnnnnnn.....this convention is the most boring ever.

September 2, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  10. No way..

Anyone in the audience there under the age of 60?

September 2, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  11. Daryl from Seattle

Wow. A standing ovation for giving birth to and also raising the biggest idiot the US presidency has ever seen. Republicans are like martians I tell ya'.

September 2, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  12. aaa

saaaaaddddddddddddddddddddd mcshame and palin great disaster ticet

September 2, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  13. Just Saying

It was heartwarming to see former President George H.W. Bush and his grandmother. It made me well up with pride!

September 2, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  14. gene

I'd love to see the actual TV ratings difference between the RNC and the DNC...

David Gergen is wrong about the 3 goals of the convention. At this point there should only be 1 goal... to keep the people watching the convention awake.

September 2, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  15. Sandy

THERE ONLY STANDING BECAUSE BUSH WILL BE EXITING SOON.

September 2, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  16. gerri

A family of failures for America.

September 2, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  17. Kyle

Wow CNN....best political team ever, right? But you won't say a word about Amy Goodman and her staff getting beat up and arrested at the RNC. We are not talking about anarchists here. We are talking about the peaceful, loving, patriotic Amy Goodman who fights for freedom everyday of her life. Come on CNN, this is news and people need to know what is happening.

BTW, I am a veteran and I am disgusted by the Republican exploitation of my fellow veterans and service members during their convention. What if the Democratics did the same? Hypocracy reigns tonight.

September 2, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  18. Bridg

They're just thanking him for staying away. I wouldn't want to be in the same room with him either.

September 2, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  19. Ward

Can't wait until the Bushes are off the stage...literally and figuratively. 8 is enough.

September 2, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  20. James Peterson

It seems like John King and Anderson Cooper are not constantly bringing the other side of the game – The Democratic Party side as they did during the Denver Convention.

Last week, they kept reminding us what republicans will say to counter the Democrats but today it's all out love for republicans. Almost everything is shown (including the christian singer? are you serious?)

By the way, what happened to bringing negative ads of the opponent? Last week we were shown alot of Republicans negative ads, I know Obama has some ads out there.

Very unfair to Obama from the media

September 2, 2008 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  21. Cecil

Will Palin Church Video Receive A Standing Ovation?

May Be A Big Problem For Her.

September 2, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  22. Peter of Oregon

Are we going to get news coverage of the peaceful RNC Protestors having their American rights abused durin the convention?

September 2, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  23. jb

his service to country is exemplary but will anyone explain how upon his return from being a POW, running around with his future second wife Ms. Rodeo and then leaving his first wife after she lost her swimsuit model body in a car accident contributes to his character?

September 2, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  24. Cecil

If She's Born Again, I'm Very Happy For Her, I Am Also.

Obama 08

September 2, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  25. Texas

I, personally, am glad to see that Republicans are questioning McCain's choice for VP. I'm a teacher. I don't get to spend all day following the events in the campaign. Every time I turn on the news, another bit of unsavory information comes out about Palin. I don't think that McCain knew much about his VP pick. And if this is the way he makes decisions... without finding out all about the person before choosing... then his ability to run this country should be under question.

I don't think anyone questions McCain's patrotism. But being a POW does not prepare one for President. And that seems to be what McCain relies on. He agreed with Bush policies over 90% of the time.

McCain is still more of the same. Just as Palin follows all the party lines including stand on abortion, creationism, etc. Not to mention the abuse of power issue. Is this what America really wants?

September 2, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |