September 2nd, 2008

Crowley: George H.W. Bush gets standing ovation

The Bushes received a standing ovation at the RNC tonight.
The Bushes received a standing ovation at the RNC tonight.

George H.W. Bush (the Dad) and Barbara Bush just walked into the auditorium of the Republican National Convention and got a standing ovation.

They'll soon listen to their son, slated to beam in via satellite from the White House.

Next up, a first responder to the Minneapolis bridge collapse last year. They are currently showing video of her crawling into a partially submerged car.

1. gene

To Eric

That was the greatest interview ever! That guy was asked for 1 important decision that Palin made in regards to the national guard... after he started talking about her leadership with the national guard... and he just stumbled and went in circles.

Even the reporter was like "uh... ok... i guess I'll just let you have this one".. basically saying "uhh.. you're a moron"

Now as far as Bush Sr... he was an 'ok' president... definitely much better than his retarded son.

September 2, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  2. Bud

This convention has been going solid for 15 minutes now and I have already heard POW 8 times.

I hope college kids aren't inventing drinking games over this.

September 2, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  3. B. Smart

Warmongers, All of them.

September 2, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  4. John

If those two would've just practiced safe sex, how much better would the world have been today!!!

September 2, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  5. shakinginmyboots

I never thought I'd say these words – but the McCain Palin ticket actually has me feeling nostalgia for the Bush family – good old Babs and George. I knew where I stood with them. Even Bush and Cheney.

Yikes.

September 2, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  6. Barbara

This is just an advertisement for "we want you".

Well – here comes the draft if mcwarmonger gets in. Pray for your children and grandchildren.

September 2, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  7. Proud Democrat

OMG !! Audience consist of mostly old white people this is truly sad in 2008

September 2, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  8. Brad

War, war, war.

How about some peace of mind!

September 2, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  9. Suzy

You guys need to be upfront with the Republicans and tell them the real poll findings you would not have protestors outside the RNC if this was a close race. You have more people outside of the convention than inside. McCain should just throw in the towel and vote for Obama. This convention hasn't symbolized anything but more lies that they are reading from a teleprompter. Boring!!!!!

September 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  10. KCBob

This convention is a joke. They are not talking about any issues what so ever...all pandering to the military and crist cultists.

Guess I can't blame them though looking at the last 8 years the only thing I would listen to is an apology to the nation. If McCain did that on behalf of the GOP then I would think he was sincere.

September 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  11. Seam, Philly

Is that a picture of McCains aunt and uncle?

September 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  12. Ty

Has Tucker 'Purse-Swinger' Bound recovered from the whipping the fill-in Today show host gave him.

September 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  13. myself

wow, you guys are crazy...so many people for obama...do you realize what he will do to our country?...i am in the military right now, active duty, just so happen to be stationed in alaska. Palin has done a good job up here, not that anyone else would know because half of you heard her name and didn't know who it was. I was lucky enough to be exposed to alaskan politics so i had some knowledge when mccain chose her as his running mate. I don't want to be dissrepectful but you people should probably do some research instead of listening to everything from one news station, the one you prefer. You prefer that station because it only states what you want to hear.

But back to politics...mccain will take care of the war, and trust me, most of us in the military want to be in iraq, i can't wait until my next deployment...it's not so bad and it gives us a sense of purpose. If you support your troops and your country, i suggest you vote mccain.

September 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  14. Xavier

The fat lady is warming up her vocal cords. The republican reign of terror is coming to an end.

September 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  15. Texas Teacher

Face it, the Republican party is the past. All you have to do is look over that crowd. More of the same is all they have to offer. Is this what America wants? I don't think so. Eight IS enough.

September 2, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  16. War, war, war

So far this Republican convention is stuck on another unpopular war – Vietnam. What are McCain's and Palen's plans for the economy, education, getting us out of this dreadful war. They don't have a clue.
    No way, no how, no McCain.

Obama and Biden – 08 and 12

September 2, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  17. Barbara

An inept hot-dog pilot is not a hero – he was a danger to others and he was (and still is) reckless !!!!!!!!

September 2, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  18. Ved

This crowd is nuts ... they should instead be giving a standing applause to Sarah Pawlenty everyday of the convention

September 2, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  19. Sheri

Good bye, BYE BYE, BYE

"Can't Wait"!

September 2, 2008 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  20. Tom

Its is amazing, as I look into the repubs crowd I don't see the face of America. All I see is elitism. After hearing all the hierocracy concerning the leadership question and the coverup of immorality. I am now convinced that these people are no more than a cult.

September 2, 2008 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  21. Barbara

ha ha ha ha she almost gagged on those words – omg.

September 2, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  22. American Patriot

"But I find it galling that apparently the McCain camp thinks that only Republicans put their "country first", and that the only way to put "country first" is by serving in the military. That is an offense to millions of patriots across our nation."

Well, I don't see where McCain said only Republicans put "country first"...it's just their new campaign slogan...and its the RNC...

but seriously, can you think of a better way to serve the country that to put your own life on the line? how do you think we gained independence from England? by negotiating with his Majesty?
    no, we had individual farmers and workers take up arms in the name of freedom. How can you marginalize what our men and women in uniform did and are doing?

September 2, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  23. Vin Texas

Lots of empty seats.

If they had paid, I would have goneto fill one seat ....NOT!!

September 2, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  24. Timothy

Look at them, all standing, grinning, wallowing in the fact that they are
    proud to have had our sons and daughters killed in a war that never
    should have occurred and in the wrong country. Pathetic.

September 2, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  25. brewme

Hate, hate, hate. You clowns can only spew hate. Look at the facts. We are safer now than we were in 2001. Clinton allowed the terrorists to build up and attack the US with his lack of initiative against them. Dems, get a clue the only security candidate is McCain. Wise up and get on the wagon....

September 2, 2008 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |