September 2nd, 2008

Giuliani to speak at convention

Giuliani endorsed McCain after ending his own presidential campaign.
Giuliani endorsed McCain after ending his own presidential campaign.

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) – Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani will have a speaking role at the Republican National Convention, a GOP official tells CNN.

Giuliani was scheduled to deliver the keynote address Tuesday, but Hurricane Gustav forced Republicans to alter the program. Giuliani will speak later in the week.

1. John

Bush, Lieberman, Giuliani... Does McCain want to lose intentionally?

September 2, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  2. J. Dean, Juno Beach, FLORIDA

WHAT A PAIR OF LOOSERS, HEY ! THE ONLY COMMON LANGUAGE BETWEEN THESE OLD AND IDIOTS IS MATERIAL WEALTH. WE CALL THEM REPUBLICANS....THEY CALL THEMSELVES PATRIOTS...
    DON'T WE HAVE YOUNGER REPUBLICANS TO GOVERN OUR COUNTRY ?

September 2, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  3. karen-phoenix

As a 40 year republican Gulliani would have been a better pick than the gun totten mama from the tundra! And I do NOT like Gulliani!!! Vote goes to the Dems all the way–even in state elections. Scarred to death of McCain and his brain damaged judgement!!!!

September 2, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  4. CC PENNES

I NEEDED TO SAY.... MCCAIN AND HIS :GANG " HOW CLOSELY TIED IN WITH THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION THEY ARE, IF YOU DON'T SEE IT THEN YOU DESERVE MCCAIN!!!!!

September 2, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  5. 911

Let me guess, the topic of Giuliani's speech will be the attacks of September 11. That is the only thing he knows. Yawn.

September 2, 2008 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  6. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Great, the Glory Hound is coming to town!!!

Giuliani and McCain have been married three times each; think they're going to share "tips?" And Rudy once married a relative, too!!!

Party of Family Values – LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 2, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  7. ben

This is not a hate post! I have nothing bad to say about Giuliani, but I do wonder how he became so important in the eyes of the republicans. He put on a hard hat and visited the ruins of the twin towers where so many Americans died. He was the mayor of New York! What did he do that no other mayor would not have done?

September 2, 2008 10:44 am at 10:44 am |
  8. Let's predict what he will say...

"911..911...and more 911...911..911...and even more 911...911..911...and some more 911"

Did I get it right?

September 2, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  9. IndependentThinker, NY

we already know what he will be talking about in his speech
    9/11, 9/11. 9/11 ......................... 9/11, 9/11 .....................

September 2, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  10. Jeremy

Let's see how many times Guiliani can say "9/11" in a five minute speech... I'm setting the over/under at 37.

September 2, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  11. blaising

A noun...a verb...and 911!!

Go republic party!!

September 2, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  12. Obama win '08

Giuliani and McCain make such a pair. The "noun" and "verb" boys.

Giuliani = noun + verb + 9/11
    McCain = noun + verb + POW

September 2, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  13. Saad from NJ

Awesome.... Can't wait to watch it. Here's the script of his the mayor's speech:

I want to remind you of 9/11. 9/11 was terrible. The idiots who orchestrated 9/11 were insensitive and horrible people. Regardless of anything and everything, 9/11 was bad. But my fellow Americans, I want to tell you that 9/11 could have been much worse if I was not there. I managed the whole 9/11 so very good. I am the 9/11 man. Please clap. Thank you ladies and gentlemen.

September 2, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  14. family values???

9/11 has left the buil9/11ing

September 2, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  15. S. Boatman

When Rudy Speaks He Will Say A Verb A Noun And 911. When Mccain Speaks It Will Be I Was A POW, The Surge Worked, Palin In Qualified, And Some More Lies! When Palin Speaks It Will Be I Was A Beauty Queen, Member Of The PTA And I Am A Hockey Mom! Everyone Will Clap And Pretend These People Are The Greatest And Best To Lead The Country! . . . . The Spin And Lies Will Flow From Their Mouths As Easy As They Exhale! Many Will Believe Them, But Most Will Not. Obama Will Win And Mccain Will Lose The Election!

September 2, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  16. Open Your 3rd Eye

Rudy G aka:

S.L.I.M.E.B.A.L.L.

If you have any sense please BOYCOTT this Creepo Convention.

D.O. N.O.T. W.A.T.C.H.

September 2, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  17. Louise

Good. We love Rudy's character and he will make a great speech (unlike all the very boring Dem speeches we heard last week).

And we Republicans all LOVE sarah Palin and are so excited about this election now. You OB supporters are all so childish trying to paint Sarah in a negative light, but it is never going to work. She's awesome and has added something huge to the McCain campaign and the republican party.

September 2, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  18. RudyinBangkok

Maybe now that New Orleans survived Gustav, George Bush can fly over Minnesota to look down and see the destruction below.

September 2, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  19. jerry

Giuliani is a joke, going around saying this saying that about Obama, I got news for ya your not the GOP nominee

September 2, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  20. jim bob

Thats Sad here we go again. Worthless.

September 2, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  21. Dale, Kentucky

Why does this guy even matter?
    Giuliani is a Mayor, not a leader of a nation!
    It shows how much the Republicans are relying on the "Fear Factor" to try and win this election.

September 2, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  22. ndubi

Dems, stay vigilant so that the election is not stolen like they did against Al Gore. I am suspecting that they may want to do a Mugabe style this fall.

September 2, 2008 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  23. Phil Newton Murphy, Oregon

Someone call 911! Wait, Rudy already has. Over. And over. And over...

September 2, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  24. Jake

Well, 9/11 is right around the corner. I suppose he'll be talking about that...Again...for the umpteenth time.

September 2, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  25. Ontaya

This guy is so pathetic. Every time I hear him speak I cringe what a bum!

September 2, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |