September 3rd, 2008

Begala: 'What happened to Mitt?'

Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney spoke at the RNC earlier this evening.

What's happened to Mitt Romney? He was a pretty strong campaigner, but at the convention he fell into self-parody.

A guy from Massachusetts who's worth $500 million, whose father was the president of American Motors, the governor of Michigan and a cabinet secretary - he's criticizing the "Eastern elite"?

Who is he kidding? Again and again he spat out the word "liberal." I was waiting for him to attack the pro-choice, pro-gay-rights, pro-universal health care liberal governor of Massachusetts - Mitt Romney.

I suppose Mitt has decided to rise above principle. Did you notice he never once uttered the word, "Bush."

1. J-M

This people are terrfying!!! I don't think I've heard more vicious and hateful speech in my life. It's like Planet of the Apes! Please don't elect these people.

September 3, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  2. kriss g

Has anyone noticed how many empty seats there are in the stadium? Where are all the Repubs?

September 3, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  3. Joey

RNC is giving me a headache.

September 3, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  4. Joel-Virginia

I think the real question is...how many white people can fit into one arena? I mean seriously, how can you say you stand for the best of America when you only represent one ethnicity? Also, Rudy is a tool. Way to finally show up for your job after the worst attack in our history.

September 3, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  5. Barbara

Thank you – I think this is worth a REPEAT

Is this a person who wants to help you? September 3rd, 2008 10:22 pm ET

mav·er·ick (māv'ər-ĭk, māv'rĭk)
    An unbranded range animal, especially a calf that has become separated from its mother, traditionally considered the property of the first person who brands it.
    One that refuses to abide by the dictates of or resists adherence to a group; a dissenter

September 3, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  6. Tim, Seattle

So, where is the part where the blue collar voters get to hear what the Republicans are going to do about their jobs? Their healthcare? Their energy prices

Drill baby drill is great rhetoric, but the average Joe isnt hearing anything about solutions

September 3, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |