September 3rd, 2008

Palin sister tells CNN how she found out

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) - It was 5:30 a.m. last Friday when Heather Bruce, sister of newly minted VP candidate Sarah Palin, got a call telling her to turn on the television.

In an exclusive interview with CNN's Kyra Phillips Wednesday night, Bruce said the call was from another one of her sisters, Molly, who said she couldn't believe what was going on.|

News channels were reporting Sarah Palin, their sister, was likely John McCain's choice for his running mate.

"I stayed on the phone with Molly for several minutes," Bruce told CNN. "I said this can't be happening. When did this happen? Nobody told us anything. I'd heard rumors for months kind of floating in the breeze. But nothing was ever really confirmed to us ever."

Filed under: John McCain • John McCcain • Sarah Palin
  1. george

how is this news?

this must be your attempt to appear "balanced" after allowing some shmuck named "schneider" to post about a dozen liberal-crazed biased articles in a row, and closing the comment section after the first 10 obamabot posts in an appearance to make anyone who isn't a crazed socialist look bad.

September 3, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  2. Andrea in TX

And they called Senator Obama arrogant?!? Govenor Palin really turned me off as a woman and a voter. I don't want anymore insults; I want solutions. Gas is still high, we are still at war, and people are still losing their homes and Govenor Palin chooses to issue insults. This from a woman who wants to be protected from the Democrats and the media.

I will vote Democrat for the 1st & most likely not the last time.

September 3, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  3. Tom

Why is Sarah Palin's sister's thoughts in the Ticker? I can't think of a more unimportant topic other than what my cat thinks of his dinner menu.

September 3, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  4. Greg, Atlanta

Palin's going to have a lot of trouble getting the "privacy" that she asked for when her family and the people in her small town LOVE the attention they're getting. Loose lips sink ships...S.S. McCain-Palin is taking on water.

September 3, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  5. Christie

Palin can say all she wants but I still do not feel good about her. I just feel negative about her as a person. I am voting democract this time. I just find the republicans so unbearable. I can't take them anymore. I am shutting down my TV on politics until they are done with their conventions. I switch TV channel if any of them are on TV.

September 3, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |