September 3rd, 2008

Palin to highlight reform

Palin will speak Wednesday night.

Palin will speak Wednesday night.

(CNN) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republicans' vice presidential candidate, will highlight her record as a governor and mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, when she speaks to the Republican National Convention Wednesday night. She will also call for reform in Washington, a top aide to Palin told CNN.

Watch: Palin tours RNC stage

"She will speak as a governor, a former mayor and someone with both hands on the steering wheel of America's energy economy," Palin aide Tucker Eskew said. "She will detail her record of shaking up the status quo in Alaska and standing up to entrenched interests to put the government back on the side of the people. She will make the case for senator McCain as the only candidate who has fought for America and the best man to protect us in dangerous times."

Palin is slated to speak in the prime-time 10 p.m. ET hour.

1. David, Silver Spring, MD

That's all well and good. It's less likely to cause trouble with most Americans than if she talks about her anti-environmentalism or her far-right social values.

I don't know what it does to get us out of Iraq or to solve the mortgage crisis, but I guess she's got to go with what she knows.

September 3, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  2. Deborah

I can hardly wait until tonight when we get to hear her History Making Speech on Reform.

Despite those who jumped on the news of her selection to immediately find all the Dirty Laundry they could……

I’m still very impressed with everything I have learned so far!

She seems like a Woman who is strong in her convictions and brave enough to “Play” with the boys at their own game. A quality I admire and found to be present in all women who have made a difference in the lives of everyone around them.

Sarah is the Maverick Women to John’s Maverick Man!

A Truly winning Team ready to take on Washington and get things done for the American People!

McCain/Palin-08 by a Landslide!

September 3, 2008 11:32 am at 11:32 am |
  3. Sara

So I guess she is going to accept the nomination. Really was expecting her to drop out to take care of her family.

September 3, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  4. WOWWOW

W E -–S H O U L D---B E-–P R O U D--–A S ---A ----

C O U N T R Y---T O ----H A V E---A ---D O W N---

T O---E A R T H----T A L E N T E D--–P U B L I C----

S E R V A N T---L I K E--G O V E R N O R---P A L I N---T O O-

B A D---M E D I A-–R E L E N T L E S S ---I N E X C U S A B L Y--

B E A T I N G---H E R -–U P--D I S G R A C E F U L

September 3, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  5. Todd M

Don't the polls say that this election is about the economy? The Republicans are more interested in telling us why to hate the Democrats than offering up solutions for the economy. Wasn't McCain's VP supposed to be his economy guru? I haven't seen it yet.

September 3, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  6. Larry

When is the main stream media going to start reporting on what Sarah Palin's pastor has said over the years? And Sarah Palin at a Jews for Jesus speech just a few weeks ago? Is it only news when its an African American pastor?

September 3, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  7. BudInTexas

__________________________________________________

HaHaHaHaHa.........................................

My neighborhood has more people than this village. Any my city has more people than her state. But she can sure "dress a moose".

What a qualification.

The GOP is now offically a JOKE!

September 3, 2008 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  8. Jack Jodell, Minneapolis, MN

Sorry, but wanting to open up protected land for greedy profiteering oil companies and ending protection for low population species is hardly reform. It's insanity, and the same old, same OLD short-sighted Republican nonsense of letting big business have its own way and screw the people. And not supporting sex ed for today's youth is a throwback to the Victorian era of more than 100 years ago. Better get back to your igloo, Palin-these trying times demand far better!

September 3, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  9. American

Oh, and LIE about your support of wasteful governemnt spending (aka "THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE") when you are introduced to the American people.

September 3, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  10. James L

Reform?. ... I want to know about Troopergate and Shotgun weddings.

September 3, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  11. Joe

Sounds to radical for me.It would be safer,to go with something a little more stable, like the green party. Ha! Ha!

September 3, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  12. Jeff Brown

This is the magnanimous "Hockey Mom" who used her office to fire her Brother in Law from his job as a state trooper... She is PERFECT to fill Cheney's shoes!!!!!

September 3, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  13. Rumpusgoopus

Yeah, she's a reformer only when politically expedient.

September 3, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  14. Party Crasher

The best man to start World War III. If she admitts to that I just might listen to her the next time she speaks. Anything short of that means that she's just carrying the water just like Rudy, Mitt, Joe, and Lindsey.

Would not give a wooden nickle for the whole lot.

September 3, 2008 11:34 am at 11:34 am |
  15. Concerned INDEPENDENT CT voter

Lets be fair here:
    1st off…. I wish everyone would stop blaming Obama for the heat that Palin is getting… She's brand new in this story & everyone is asking (what i think are) soft-ball basic questions. Teens getting prego is some what a hot topic thanks to the attention it got in Gloucster MA & even Britany Spear's little Sister…. they made a huge deal about the topic all year long… YOU DON'T THINK PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TAKE SOME NOTICE TO THIS?

Especially when her MOM… advocates to simply say no to sex…. what kind of crap is that?

-V

September 3, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  16. No More McCain/Palin

"It will be about reform" Palin says?? What a hypocrite, how about she start with herself, who is she kidding? She's under investigation and there are legimate charges against her! How about she start with explaining how her experience governing Alaska for less than 2 years and less than 600,000 in popluation would transcend into being prepared to be the most powerful person in the free world? This is so irresponsible of McCain, it speaks to his lack of judgement. If he was so careless with his VP pick, I wonder how careless he will be in selecting other cabinet positions (Secretary of State, etc.). Putting Palin in the Whitehouse is equivalent to taking a goldfish out of his fish bowl and putting it in the ocean, it will be eaten alive!

September 3, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  17. thomas

There are other way to fight for America than to be a tool of war.

September 3, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  18. The Bush Twins : George and John

Let's see her out there meeting with the press. I want to hear her answering questions without the help of an aide. Come on show us what you've got. If you can't talk to the press, how are you going to talk to the likes of Putin ?. Or Amadinajahd ?.

September 3, 2008 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  19. Charlie Black

I've been watching the RNC and I have been wondering when are they going to talk about policy? My wife made me turn it off when Fred "Liar" Thompson went into graphic detail about John McCain's cheapened POW experience. Anything for a vote huh?

September 3, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  20. ujw, ny

anti-abortion
    anti-environment
    anti-science
    anti-commen sense

September 3, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  21. FactCheck

$27 million dollars in earmarks for a small town. Sure sounds like a reformer to me.

September 3, 2008 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  22. Terry from GA

I hope she's discusses the lack of diversity in the republican party. If anyone watched the democratic convention you saw diversity everywhere and that's what America is really about.

September 3, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  23. Don Fitzgerald

I think Governor Palin should be concerned about her questionable conduct, concerning the firing, or attempted firing, of a state trooper. We don't need another Senator McCain, with his record of questionable conduct, concerning the influence-pedaling, in connection with "The Keating Five". Senator McCain, once again, didn't do his homework and nominated a vice-presidential candidate that makes Fred Thompson look like Thomas Edison !!
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, BRING THEM HOME, ALIVE AND WHOLE. NOW.

September 3, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  24. kim hussein taylor portland, oregon

she's the PERFECT republican candidate--willing to lie with no regard to REALITY, unqualified, MIRED in scandal, has fleeced the government for money for her tiny town, abused her power for revenge, attends a scary fundamentalist end-of-the-world church, uses PRAYER to ask god to bring pipelines and other BUSINESS into alaska. she's a complete creep, she is the perfect republican!!!!

September 3, 2008 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  25. John Hussein OBAMA

If she had any decency, she would step down as the VP nominee so she can be there for her family. Children with down syndrome require a lot of time and commitment every day up until they are school-age and one parent should not be relegated to taking care of the child, it requires both parents. She would be able to manage all this as Governor of Alaska, but not as second-in-command of the most powerful nation in the world. I can't wait to see Biden destroy her in foreign policy, unless she tries to argue that she negotiated a treaty between warring factions of penguins and polar bears.

September 3, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |