September 3rd, 2008

Palin to highlight reform

Palin will speak Wednesday night.

Palin will speak Wednesday night.

(CNN) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republicans' vice presidential candidate, will highlight her record as a governor and mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, when she speaks to the Republican National Convention Wednesday night. She will also call for reform in Washington, a top aide to Palin told CNN.

Watch: Palin tours RNC stage

"She will speak as a governor, a former mayor and someone with both hands on the steering wheel of America's energy economy," Palin aide Tucker Eskew said. "She will detail her record of shaking up the status quo in Alaska and standing up to entrenched interests to put the government back on the side of the people. She will make the case for senator McCain as the only candidate who has fought for America and the best man to protect us in dangerous times."

Palin is slated to speak in the prime-time 10 p.m. ET hour.

1. Angie

About how she took her little budget, and ran it 20 plus million into the red! Sounds just like the rest of the GOP. I think she will fit in just right. My favorite thing will be when she tells us how she will gain respect from the Muslim countries that cannot stand their own women, let alone a infidel female from a nation that wants to bomb them, and turn their entire biblical heritage over to a democracy! Get real! McShame, McBush and the Brady Bunch Mom Palin have a china mans chance in hell to win over any common sense votes!

September 3, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  2. Brian G, Sugar Land, TX

HIghlight reform like she highlights her hair. Oh, she's so-oo-oo pretty.

But it is all a makeover of the irresponsible parent below!
    Force your kid to get married at 17. Gee, I wonder how long that marriage will last? Duh?

September 3, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  3. Diana, NC

This has been a crazy year–pastors, moms, flagpins, moose, teenage pregnancies, teenage fathers, adulturers–bring back the good old days of economics and strategies to stop the war.

My head is spinning.

September 3, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  4. Veterans for Obama

She is so out of her league its sad.

Props to her for keeping the russians from invading though 😉

September 3, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  5. Dwayne - L, OH

She may want to reform sex-education and teach it.

September 3, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  6. Tracy

Again, Deborah, what planet are you living on? The Gallup daily poll shows Obama 50%, McCain 42%... it's only going up my dear.

Obama/Biden '08
    More Blue Than Red States!!!

September 3, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  7. Joseph, Los Angeles

I want to hear policy. I want to hear what she intends to do for this nation. I could care less about her being a woman, or her daughter. I want hear policy and ideas. So far in this convention, policy, the economy and just basic facts are missing.

September 3, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  8. Barbara

your right John king on one thing she needs both hands on the steering wheel, and head back too Alaska. McCain is so stupid, for picking her. Im sure the republican's are really kicking their butts for on this Campaingn. they are having 3 well quailiied people for their ticket and McCain just blew it, and we are suppose to leave the country in his hands. He couldn't even make a good judgement call on his campaign. NO more please of four years of this Please.

September 3, 2008 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  9. haley

she should also mention how when she started as mayor of Wasilla, her town had zero debt but at the end of her term, they were 22 million dollars in debt, and its a town of 6000 people!!! Sounds like a real reformer to me.

September 3, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  10. Nova from NV

People who fault her for being unable to control her daughter must not know what it is like to have a teenager. As a parent you try your best, but in the end they will do what they want to do. When kids make mistake, you have to support them. These people who vilify Gov Palin just makes me mad and therefore I would definitely vote for McCain and Palin in 08.

I will not stand the democrats treating a great woman reformer like trash. Vote and make your voice be heard.

September 3, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  11. Twanda

The National Enquirer is running with a story about how she was trying to get Bristol to get secretly married after the convention. Bristol apparently is fighting her on the issue.

Post this.

September 3, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  12. The Conservative !

Are we Conservatives stiil stand for anything ? we are known for small governement and limit spendings : but that was taken away from us by George Bush.
    And now we can't even stand up to defend our basic value which is "FAMILY". It's one thing to have a 17 year old PRAGNE which is not a suprise, but it's just discussing to see the whole party and so called Conservatives applaud and praise the notion of teen pregnancy before marriage.THIS IS CRAZY !
    I just learn that Gov PALIN will have on stage her daughter boyfriend to show to the nation the NEW CONSERVATIVE FAMILY. come on my friends we can do better !

September 3, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  13. Phong Nguyen

People make fun about Gov. Palin's reforms but admire S. Obama's talk about reform and change. What a farce and bias against a woman???

September 3, 2008 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  14. Catholic 4 Hillary!

I don't vote for just any woman! So, McCain and Palin don’t you dare expect my vote! I am a strong HIllary Clinton supporter and proud of it. For the first time in 35 years of voting I was going to stay home on Nov. 4, but John McCain changed that for me on Friday! I will go to my voting place and vote for Obama. No, I still don’t think it was okay how Hillary was treated by the media, Obama campaign, the DNC and other politicians within our own party, and still believe she was the better and more qualified candidate. BUT, I refuse to give my vote to someone who comes along and merely wants to float on in and get all the glory after Hillary Clinton did all the work. I don’t think so. Hillary deserves to be the first woman President and/or VP – not Palin!

September 3, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  15. katiec

This is going to blow up in Mccains, republicans faces.
    They have insulted us, the voters, with their pick of
    vp. Total disregard, as usual, for the future, survial
    of our country.
    Course this is nothing new as has been going on for
    eight years.
    It is very scary.

September 3, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  16. lou

I WILL WATCH TONIGHT, BUT THAYS IF I CAN STAND IT. LAST NIGHT WAS SO BAD I HAD TO GET AWAY , LOOKED LIKE THEY ALL GET THE MEMO. AND ONE AFTER ONE KEEP REPEATING THE SAME WORDS. SHE WILL GET THE SPEACH RIGHT LIKE A GOOD LITTLE GIRL SHE WILL READ AND SAY WHAT THE SCRIPT SAYS. THIS WOMAN . IS NOT A GOOD CHOICE. AND I LOVED THE INTRODUCTION TO JOHN MCCAIN. DO THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID! GO IN AND READ THE NEWS PAPERS IN ALASKA AND FIND WHAT THE PEOPLE THINK OF SARAH PALIN. WOMEN WILL NEVER GO FOR THIS WOMEN BECAUSE DO NOT NEED OTHERS TO DO OUR THINKING FOR US . GOD GAVE US A BRAIN.

September 3, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  17. angry left from Michigan

The only thing more scary than Sarah Palin NOT being an effective Vice President… is if she IS an effective V.P.

The Republicans seem to forget…we've had 8 long years with an experienced Vice President, who is highly qualified in national security, and very active with energy policy in the administration…and look where that got us!

September 3, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  18. whotoo

I hope she is going to talk abuot the adverse causes of not having abstenience education taught in schools and homes–fornication, extra-marital affairs/adultery, sodomy, rape etc.
    She told schools officials in Alaska to teach abstenience educaton when she was running for governor. But as it seems she did not set good example at home. Charity begins at home and ends abroad.

September 3, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  19. w.l. jones

Its appears Wasilli were on welfare. Said enough.

September 3, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  20. Elana, Melbourne Florida

she believes that "every life is sacred" right? Than what about all the animals she kills? I alife is a life is a life. Ask any animal rights activist how strongly they feel about this- trust me, they take their cause as seriously as pro lifers take theirs. She is quite possibly the biggest hypocrite I have come across. I am a woman. Critizing her does not make me sexist...it makes me a realist. She is a disgrace

September 3, 2008 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  21. gail

It's all about the oil. I have lost respect for McCain. I also have to question a woman that would put her teenage daughter through this process. I am glad that the family is supportive of the daughter, but I have to question Sarah Palin's thinking. How can you preach "just say no to sex" without also educating about the pitfalls of having unprotected sex?

September 3, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  22. Susan L.

Reform? You mean kind of like the new Mafia boss kicking out the old ones? That's the only kind of reform Sarah Palin has ever engaged in. She's every bit as corrupt as the old guard Alaskan Republicans. She's just been cleaning out the territory so that it could be her corruption she could spread.

September 3, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  23. Pat F

It's fun to watch the Demon-crats squealing like little piglets getting their tails pulled about Palin!

No more "old white men" junk. Just total sexist slams and gross comments about her children.

Demon-crats – the party of sexist, ageist neanderthals.

September 3, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  24. Donj, NJ

Thank you McCain for handing the election to Obama. Change is inevitable!

September 3, 2008 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  25. sm

THERE IS A BIAS AGAINST WOMEN BY BOTH THE MEDIA AND THE OBAMA CAMP.

IF PALIN WAS A MAN YOU CAN BE SURE THE STORIES WOULD BE DIFFERENT.

September 3, 2008 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |