September 3rd, 2008

Scenes from the floor

ALT TEXT

The signs have been distributed for Wednesday evening’s session of the Republican convention in St. Paul, Minnesota. (Photo credit: Mike Roselli/CNN)

1. Gary

LOL!!! Nobody wants to be there.....this has got to be the most boring convention ever!

September 3, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  2. susie

Obama wants to fix education for the country, the kids don't even want to attend schools in Chicago, because they are so bad. Do we really want him running the country when he hasn't done anything in Chicago?

September 3, 2008 07:20 pm at 7:20 pm |
  3. id&eye

I see a lot of empty seats.

September 3, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  4. James From Chicago

This whole Republician party is pathetic. McCain is old and may not last his 4 year term, and OMG to think of alin taking over is scary.
    I was 100% for Hillary, with her experience and dedication to the american people. SHe raised a wonderful daughter she can be proud of, and had no skeltons in her closet. I am anxious to see a debate with Biden and Palin, but any question Biden asks her they are going to scream sexism.

OBAMA ..BIDEN 08

September 3, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  5. anyonmous

puma should be changed into mlte mccain loose this eclection with palin on the ticket mcain should just concead before the republicans nomaitate mccain if obma can take florida then its game over for mccain

September 3, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  6. pattik

It amazes me how much the males are threatened by any females in the race...Queen Elizabeth was not even 21 years old (I think) when she was forced into her position...and now 50 years later, Queen Elizabeth still has her job...EVEN with all the things in which her kids have been involved....WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT??? AND how about Indira Ghandi & Golda Meier & that poor woman who was recently killed in Iraq or Afghanistan? Plus there are many more females that I can't remember their names....Phillipines' leader, etc.
    Women need to hear the call...they are still underpaid & if you have not been noticing: more horrible crimes against women than men. Now is the time for all young women to think about yourselves and not listen to what the men tell you to do. WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE....

September 3, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  7. Ryan from New Mexico

OBAMA is such a Cry Baby this entire week...really pathetic which is why Barack Hussien Obama will lose

September 3, 2008 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |
  8. jimmy

BEST THEME YET FOR THE GOP... GOD , COUNTRY FIRST.
    GIVE YOUR BEST FOR OUR COUNTRY...NOT YOU PARTY. OR YOURSELF.

September 3, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  9. kentucky repuplicans

country first????? who the hell is palin??????

is that country first or trying to woo hillery supporters with your garbage miss alsaka eskimo
    who only went to canada once and that is her foreign experience

give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 3, 2008 07:23 pm at 7:23 pm |
  10. jimmy

AMERICA DOES NOT NEED ANYMORE WELFARE RECIPIENTS.
    NOR PEOPLE WHO ARE FILLING UP OUR PRISONS. WE NEED TOUGHT PUNISHMENT ON VIOLENT CRIMINALS . FAVOR INCARCERATING THEM ON ALCATRAZ WHICH IS WHERE THEY BELONG.

September 3, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  11. JustCheck

> She stands a good chance of being the next Governor of New York.

Wow, how out of touch are you? She is hated in all portions of the state and will likely be soundly defeated in the next election. (Yes, I am a native NYer).

September 3, 2008 07:25 pm at 7:25 pm |
  12. Obama 08: 60, white, female.

McCain decided to put RELIGION first when he selected Gov. Palin. Now it appears that Paline believes that the war in Iraq is a "task" from God?

Will McCain be forced to rashly go to war if the Evangelsits feel there is another "Godly" task....McCain's judgement is being exposed as a rash, vindictive man who wants to control the press!

If he really felt Leiberman was the right choice, and if he was the maverick he wants us to believe he is, he would have put his "Country First" rather than cave into the extreme right, religious fanatics.

September 3, 2008 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  13. Cuban American Woman

I AM SO PROUD TO SEE AMERICANS ARE FINALLY HAVE COME TOGETHER FOR AMERICA AND ARE NOT FALLING FOR THIS REPUBLICAN PROPAGANDA.

E I G H T -- IS -- E N O U G H!!!!

September 3, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  14. kim hussein taylor portland, oregon

now come on, kentucky republicans, alaska IS right next to russia, a foregin country!!!! huh-loh-foreign policy experience!!!!

by their definition of "experience", i am now a cardiac surgeon b/c i grew up surrounded by them!!!

so if anyone needs some so-so heart surgery and you arent too concerned with living, call me...

September 3, 2008 07:29 pm at 7:29 pm |
  15. Ex-Republican for Obama

There are many questions about this VP pick, but the biggest question I have is:

The Anti-American beliefs that her husband has, actively supporting a group whose sole purpose is to have Alaska secede from the nation.

Has she had a sit down with her hubby? Or is she also an anti-american that will legislate and lobby for the secession of our states from the union?

September 3, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  16. The O Man & The Fat Lady

-McCain is running scared, and you would be too, if you saw over 80,000 people standing in the hot sun to get in line to hear an acceptance speech.

I went to a stadium, which I don't do, and sat around hotdogs and beer, which I don't do, and had the best time of my life. I'm so glad I was there. I love Barack's campaign, and I love America.

It's not over yet, but I'd say the fat lady is clearing her voice.

Obama/ Biden 08

September 3, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  17. pattik

What I want from ALL politicians is to do what is best for the USA...not a BRIDGE TO NOWHERE...stop the Let's Make A Deal Attitude...You all are getting paid more than enough to be able to think MACRO... IT would be best to recind the tax break for the wealthy...they pay less tax than the lower brackets...they paid 70% in Nixon's time, now they pay 35%? (the lower brackets were not reduced!!) YOU ARE CAUSING THE REVOLUTION THAT WILL BITE YOU ALL...DO YOUR JOBS OR QUIT THEM & LET OTHERS WORK...NO ONE SHOULD BE SLEEPING ON THE SENATE FLOOR, ETC...RETIRE...

September 3, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  18. Rob

There is just sooo much going on with Palin it is just impossible to believe that she was vetted. McBush’s poor judgement in this mess will go down in history. Lets review.
    1. Trooper Gate, fired Trooper for divorcing her Sister.
    2. Husband used Palins office to fire employee in personal dispute.
    3. Palin pushes family values but has a pregnant child.
    4. As Mayor of tiny Alaskan town she tried to ban books in the Library that she did not like.
    5.Has no real experience but was chosen over many experienced candidates including women just to pander to the evangelical vote.
    6. Released today, allegations of Marital Infidelity.
    * How long will the GOP drag this fiasco through the Mud before Palin withdraws and goes home.I

September 3, 2008 07:32 pm at 7:32 pm |
  19. Obama : the dictator

any truth that Obama doesn't like fitting him, will be thrown of the Democrattic party.

Is it really Democracy ?

September 3, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  20. annie - former democrat

Hey cnn, why don't you get rid of your hatchet jobs, nasty campbell brown and crew, and just report on the convention rather than show everyone how much you are in the tank for obama.

September 3, 2008 07:35 pm at 7:35 pm |
  21. Susan, CA

"County First"...that's a laugh...look at his choice for VP. I would say that is not putting this Country first.

September 3, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  22. What!?!

So far I have only seen a bunch of old rich white guys telling me that they are going to make themselves richer at this convention

September 3, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  23. John Ostrowski

I watched your coverage of the Democrats all last week and now I'm following the Republicans. Last week you continually showed the representation of various groups at the convention in your FACT line. This week those data are conspicuously missing. Is that because this looks like a much more male, much more senior, much whiter group of delegates? That's the way it looks to me. Is there a message there?

September 3, 2008 07:36 pm at 7:36 pm |
  24. HD

Here in common sense Nebraska we have an old saying – McCain's team is being a bunch of 'bawl calves'. This isn't about Palin, it is about McOld and Crazy!

Suck it up McCain – I appreciate the fact the media is doing what he didn't do.

September 3, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |
  25. Ian MacIsaac

Notice how there's nothing saying "Republicans" at the convention, anywhere?

September 3, 2008 07:37 pm at 7:37 pm |