September 3rd, 2008

Schneider: Palin appears in the nick of time

ST. PAUL (CNN) - They cut out the video introducing Sarah Palin – she was getting squeezed out of prime time.

Two points about John McCain’s pick here:

By naming her to the ticket, he may have been trying to do two things that are very difficult to do at the same time: rally the base, and make himself look like a maverick. It’s pretty tough to pull off both simultaneously.

Watch: Giuliani says Palin has more experience than the Democratic ticket combined

He did rally the Republican base. Whether he reclaimed his image as a maverick remains to be seen.

1. Nevada dude

so this is sarah palin: all attack, no substance. the GOP is running on empty, with apologies to Jackson Brown

September 3, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  2. Gracie

WHERE is her focus on the issues? I mean, is this convention ALL about Sen. Obama?

It's so obvious by her speech and Gov. Palin is NOW officially a Republican "puppet" on a string, and John McCain holds those strings.

Sorry Gov. Palin, I thought you would do the HONORABLE thing and resign your nomination and TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY AND TEENAGED PREGNANT DAUGHTER!!!

But hey, politics BEFORE family right?

September 3, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  3. Marge

what the heck are you talking about? I am watching this RNC right now, and I don't see any of the negative things you are speaking of. What planet are you on?

September 3, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  4. max

listen to her ... 1 heart beat away from a senile, war-mongering misogynist ?? scarey ... she's like a deer in the headlights ... landslide will be easy

OBAMA / BIDEN 08' and 12'

September 3, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  5. Ruth

So what were the responsibilities, did I miss that part?

6. Susan

"McCain may also have been trying to win over women – but the polls so far seem to indicate that did not happen."

This is the stupidest comment by Schneider so far.

May? Do you still have doubt or are you too a Republican ?

7. Charla in TX

I have never…NEVER…in my life heard or seen such an awful and childish display…..both by Giuliani and by the crowd.

This was shameful and disgusting. I would never, NEVER, vote republican for any reason after this, not even if Jesus himself came down and ran for president on that party's ticket. Shameful!!

8. Suzanne

Reclaimed his convention fans...yup. maverick....nope. She is more of the same. And with all the upset over sexist remarks, I find myself asking if "she" was a "he" from the same state with the same story, would "he" have been picked? ...nope

9. Zuq

Guiliani is a racist. All Guiliani is a noun, verb and 9/11.

10. Steve - Minneapolis

I guess now that she has slammed everyone – she truly is fair game to go after for her positions....

11. Cheri

She is horrible who wrote this speech it's dreadful!!!!

12. RYAN kr Jr

This cheerleader is like McCain, i am bored, bored which channel should i watch.

13. S. Boatman

What A Terrible Speech! They Should Have Spent More Than Two Days Writt It!

14. Arden

Gov. Palin: Your speech was written well for you. The gloves are off

15. Jane with a brain

We women are not as stupid as you think John McSame.

16. John, FL

You can't win over women by picking a candidate who is so anti-women's rights.

17. Ann

HOW COULD PUT HER SON IN GEOPARDY LIKE THAT. I SEE A RECKLESS MOTHER HERE

18. Jim

You have a fight on your hands Mr. Obama and her name is Sarah Palin!

19. FactCheck

She needs to go and watch some speeches from Hillary. This is the worst speech I have heard in a very long time.

September 3, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  20. Bill Tampa

Again, organization from the McCain camp is lacking. I'm not too impressed with this convention tonight..It's like a comedy club..Jokes..Jokes...and insults!!!!.

September 3, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  21. fl voter

one word: lacklustre!!!! Hillary I know...but who the heck is palin...she could not even read a prepared speech w/ emotion....jeeeez...give me a break...bring back hillary rodham clinton

September 3, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  22. How can this be?

You are so scared, CNN. Keep campaigning for Obama. But it will be up to US, the voters to decide who we want.

September 3, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  23. I don't believe it!

Bashing, Bashing Bashing, nothing with substance. Nothing about policy, goverment, ecomonym, healthcare, child care, things that true american are concern about.

People, are tire of rich people hiding the truth about what is going on in this country. Ebay, she just said ebay, us poor people can't shop on ebay, we have to save our money for gas!

September 3, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  24. Zer

What an average speaker??..I feel she has no business on this ticket

September 3, 2008 10:49 pm at 10:49 pm |
  25. Maria

Giuliani .... was his humor an attempt to via for a late night comedy show? Maybe a stint on Saturday Night Live? Or maybe he'll take Leno's spot? How could anyone take him serious?

I am now a stong Obama supporter! No more on the fence for me!

The republicans have shown their lack of respect for the people of America in the past, and certainly tonight.

Obama for me!