September 3rd, 2008

Ventura: 'Revolution's in the air'

CNN

Watch Ventura discuss the Constitution on American Morning with John Roberts.

(CNN) – Rep. Ron Paul may have one more foot soldier in his "revolution" to protect the Constitution - former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura.

Ventura on Tuesday spoke at a "counter convention" for the Texas congressmen and libertarian presidential candidate in St. Paul, Minnesota, the site of the Republican National Convention.

"There were about 14,000 to 15,000 people there," Ventura told CNN's John Roberts on American Morning Wednesday. "That bodes well for the people who believe our Constitution has been violated too long." The former marine and pro wrestler accused both Democrats and Republicans of violating the Constitution "whenever the need serves them to do so."

"Revolution's in the air," Ventura said, a reference his book "Don't Start the Revolution Without Me."

Although Paul's new political action committee is trying to attract like-minded candidates for Congress, Ventura told Roberts he plans to remain in the private sector and try to carry out his own "revolution" from there.

Filed under: Jesse Ventura • Ron Paul
  1. wait a minute

Go Ron Paul Go!
    Every democracy needs voices like yours.

September 3, 2008 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  2. Greg Pottstown, Pa.

I love Ron Paul!! If I thought he had a shot at being elected I would vote for him. I would just feel as if I had waisted my vote. He is by far the best man for the job but if you can't win an election then it does not matter.

September 3, 2008 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  3. go away mongers- Ventura ca

They're half right! The republicans have abused the Constitution for years now–that's why CHANGE is in the air!
    Obama/Biden 08!

September 3, 2008 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  4. oh my

Revolution is in the air...it is called Obama. Americans are taking our country back

September 3, 2008 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  5. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Jesse "The Body" Ventura once toiled as a "professional wrestler."

"Professional wrestler" = ultimate oxymoron!!!

September 3, 2008 12:57 pm at 12:57 pm |
  6. American1st

We're with you all the way, Jesse!

I grew up watching former Minnesota Governor Jesse "The Body" Ventura "body-slam" pro wrestlers, and now I'm thrilled he's body-slamming for the Constitution of the United States of Amerca! Go, Jesse, go!

September 3, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  7. NotFallingInLine.org

Sarah Palin lied about the baby. It belongs to her daughter!

There is NO hospital record of Sarah Palin giving birth to trig!

September 3, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  8. Aaron B.

Ron Paul simply says what everyone deep down knows to be true; our government is way too involved in our every day lives. Really think about it for a minute. If you want to do just about anything meaningful anymore, the government wants to charge you a fee or require that you buy a license for it. You cannot open a business unless you buy a business license and many times you still require approval from your local city council or chamber of commerce to even do that. That is not the American way. All those people out there who think a vote for someone other than the Republican or Democratic candidates is a wasted vote simply don't get it. This "vote for whoever they line up in front of me" mentality is what has brought this country to the brink of Orwellian madness. Now go do what you're told like the good sheep you are.

September 3, 2008 01:05 pm at 1:05 pm |
  9. Shasta

So...just as many people, if not more, are at Ron Paul's convention as are at the RNC?

September 3, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  10. KATHLEEN

Ventura is a big mouth idiot. Ron Paul is a Republican that sounds
    good, but listen carefully. He is not for "BIG GOVERNMENT". That
    means, he doesn't believe in "entitlements" like the S.S. we paid all
    of our life for, and the government spent our money instead of investing for INTEREST!!!! Unemployment benefits, healthcare,
    Mecicare.

I am telling you people, Ron Paul is a REPUBLICAN with Republican
    hard driven ideas. Why would you be calling yourself a Republican,
    and speaking in a low, soft tone. Not to reveal what you "really" would
    do with Americans.

The Republicans, Cheney and Bush, can rob our country of all
    that is good, sit up on a stage with his legs crossed, and say
    AMERICANS CANNOT DEPEND ON ENTITLEMENTS; then blame
    the deficit on the "entitlements" not the war. Never mention the
    money the USA borrowed from China for the WAR.

We've been had, people!

September 3, 2008 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  11. William Butterfield

Jesse Ventura is not a "former Marine." He was a Navy SEAL.

September 3, 2008 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  12. Daniel

VENTURA IS SO RIGHT As a true Republican I have to say I have never been so disgusted with my own Party the way George Bush totally destroyed it and I will not vote Republican this year.

However I does not mean I will vote Democrat because I have never heard such LIES from a Democrat like OBAMA one day he is for it the next he is against it, doesn't this man have a MANS WORD? the only thing I know he is going to do is MAYBE MAYBE take the troops out of Iraq and re-deploy them to Afhanistan and keep the war going, And of course lets don't forget our TAXES they will be going up up up.
    How else is he going to pay for all those FALSE promises ?

September 3, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  13. Jim

Why anybody still gives this nut-job the time of day is beyond me.

September 3, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  14. Rudy NYC

Can you say, "The Republican Party has been hijacked by far right extremists."

Jesse is right.

September 3, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  15. KATHLEEN

Ventura is a trouble maker in doing this. Ventura "thinks" he is
    important!!!!! Ventura does not even LIVE IN THE U.S.!!!!!!!!!

September 3, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  16. DJ in TX

Jesse is a little out there. But I must say even as a Democrat, I can agree more with Ron Paul than I can the Republicans. He's against the Iraq war (not all wars). He's against abortion, but doesn't believe it is a federal or constitutional issue. The same for gay marriage.

Dont' count out Ron Paul – he can pick off votes from both major parties, but I think more from the Republican party.

September 3, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  17. Greg

Thanks Jesse,for your astute observation. You did such a fine job of governor, I' m sure we all appreciate your expertise. Now go away, please.

September 3, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  18. proud army and navy mom

if i were a republican, which I am not and never will be, I would seriously consider giving ron paul my vote.

the man speaks with lots of sense. i don't agree with what he says, but at least he seems sincere and thoughtful, not just lying and pandering like mcsenile. I'm just saying.......

September 3, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  19. Old Fart

Let's see the RNC thugs try to use teargas on Jesse.

Does this make him a sexist if he doesn't support the GOP ticket?

Me, I'll still never forgive him for losing that match against Baron von Raschke.

September 3, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  20. Steve A. , New Braunfels , Texas

To Shasta, Well Done.!!!

September 3, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  21. T in MN

I don't know where Jesse gets his number. The ticket count at the door for the Rally for the Republic last night was under 6000

September 3, 2008 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  22. ginger

I saw Jesse on Larry King last night. It would have been nice if he had spoken directly on how he would remove big government from the people's lives. I was very interested to know.

September 3, 2008 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  23. Richard J

jesse also thinks we destroyed out own Twin Towers and faked the moon landing

September 3, 2008 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  24. baby mama

jesse make Ron Paul look sane...............and that is not easy to do

September 3, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  25. alex

If you own your own business or have enough money to do whatever you want, then Ron Paul is your man. If you want the state of Arkansas to become the state of Arkansas sponsored by Wal-mart, then Ron Paul is your guy. If you are in a union and youd like to get paid in nickels, vote for Ron Paul.

September 3, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |