September 4th, 2008

Begala: The GOP’s 'pit puppy'

Sen. Graham spoke Thursday night in St. Paul.
Sen. Graham spoke Thursday night in St. Paul.

(CNN)– I'm trying so hard to care about what Lindsey Graham has to say.

"Thank God," he said, "for Joe Lieberman." Well, okay. Sure, Lindsey. You can have him. But I love the notion that the Republicans would cheer for a pro-choice (including supporting so-called "partial birth abortion"), pro-gay-rights, anti-tax cut member of the eastern elite.

Graham is a pleasant man, but he should leave the rough stuff to folks like Governor Palin. Poor Lindsey is miscast as an attack dog, more like a pit puppy. Even McCain calls him "Lindsey-boy." But nice try Senator Graham.

1. Tom St. Paul

I was trying to listen to him, but he was putting me to sleep. That's why I am now at my computer. I'll un-mute when McC gives his speech

September 4, 2008 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  2. Eleanor

how true Paul
    Lieberman and Graham are both lap puppies for McCain

ones his shadow and the other is his memory;-)

September 4, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  3. jeanette

With the nation watching, the Republicans mocked, dismissed, and actually laughed out loud at Americans who engage in community service and organizing.
    The republican party has sunk to new lows.
    And Lindsay Graham is spineless, to say the least.

September 4, 2008 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  4. Regina

Very nicely explained Mr. B!

Obama-Biden 08!

September 4, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  5. Thor

Lindsay-boy should finally come out and be happy

September 4, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  6. Cam

@jeanette above:

I agree that the distasteful remarks and laughter should really show America a lot.

I would also like to ask a question:
    How can you say you are the man to move forward and bring change when the entire convention has been about your experience 40 years ago as a POW and about the 9/11 attacks of 7 years ago? Compelling personal story? Maybe. Relevent to a bid for President? Nope. Tring to make people believe that having a Democratic President will lead to more attacks on America is pretty crazy, especially when you won't admit that the reason the world hates your country is because of your current administration.......

To Lindsay Graham.......Do you think anyone still believes that invading Iraq, win or lose, has anything to do with defeating terrorists? Give me a break.

September 4, 2008 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  7. James

The RNC was so negative I can't vote for McCain. I am the independent voter the analysts are always talking about and I thought the display the Republicans put on was disgraceful. I hate politics and this is why!

September 4, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  8. Coach K

"Joe Lieberman was the only DEMOCRAT (I would call him a Republican disguised as an Independent) who broke away in support of the surge?!" I would have done so too if I knew I was going to be seriously asked to be on the Republican ticket. This IS American politics!

September 4, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  9. Cheryl

Lindsey Graham plays a pretty good Gilligan to McCain's "skipper". It's amazing how the truth has been MIA throughout this convention.

September 4, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |