September 4th, 2008

Cindy Adams compares Palin to Alaskan salmon

Cindy Adams spoke with CNN.
Cindy Adams spoke with CNN.

ST. Paul, Minnesota (CNN) – After rubbing shoulders with Susan Sarandon, Danny Glover, Charlize Theron, and Charles Barkley at the Democratic National Convention in Denver, New York Post celebrity gossip columnist Cindy Adams jetted off to “one of the dullest towns in America,” according to her latest column, to sniff out politically-inclined celebs in St. Paul.

What does McCain running mate Sarah Palin have in common with an Alaskan salmon? And who will win November? Just a few of the five questions we put to the woman famous for knowing famous people over dinner at The CNN Grill.

Click here for the entire interview.

LISTEN to Cindy Adams compare Palin to an Alaskan salmon

1. Irma in North Carolina

You cant blame here for the speech she gave it was a speech the Bush people designed for her. John only picker her for his personal gain, she is young and good looking, and we know that John has commited adultry. This is the kind of morals you want in the white house, plus four more years of Bush.

September 4, 2008 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  2. Michael

I am a gay democrat who lives in middle america. I am also an ER RN. I can tell you that Sarah Palin is well received in my area and it is John Glenn country. Our ER was at as standstill last night watching Sarah. Most "normal" down-to-earth Americans will relate to Sarah Palin. They will see her as one of them. Believe it or not folks...they produces support and gets votes. Most people voted for Bush because they felt like they could sit down and have a beer with him. They may not agree with everything McCain/Palin stands for but they will vote for them because they can't relate to Obama/Biden. Women should wake up and see the sexism in democrats by the way they treated Hillary. And oh...by the way...people are really laughing about this "more of the same" the obama camp keeps coming out with...isn't there anything else they can come up with? I am still on the fence with who I am voting for...but the sexism coming from the left wing media and the democrats are helping me lean my support towards McCain/Palin. Oh and where is Hillary?

September 4, 2008 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  3. Helene

Tony : I'll be voting for Obama too ! She is an empty suit and a pitiful pit bull.

September 4, 2008 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  4. Helene

Tony : I'll be voting like your father, for Obama ! Palin is appalling.

September 4, 2008 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  5. Bruce

To cynthia sxon. You apparently have bene living in a cave. Sex education has been taught in school for years. The difference is WHAT they teach. Abstinance is what they believe in instead of "go ahead and have sex, all you need to do is where a condom". That's basically the difference. One teaches moral values the other teaches immoral values. But then again, that is the difference between Republicans and Democrats.

September 4, 2008 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  6. A CANUCK

This woman Palen is scary and downright nasty and has turned the convention into a soap opera.......I'm sure the world is snickering !!...... But , then what can you expect from republicans??
    Democrats are decent and dignified..........Republicans come across as hypocites and hateful !!!

September 4, 2008 10:42 am at 10:42 am |
  7. edweena

It is a sad day for America! I'm a Canadian and I love American politics. I never really was a fan of either party, but mostly the candidate. I loved Bill Clinton in the 90's and I love the history of the Kennedys, the Reagans and Roosevelt.

What I saw yesterday was nothing less than a reminder of what "fascism" or "extremist views" looks like. Apparently, if you're not a republican, you're a terrorist defender and unpatriotic! It seems to me like the GOP thinks that America should become a one party country, and it sounds scary. I'm dissapointed because not one single person in that room was sorry for their failed policies of the last eight years and they keep attacking the democrats and the media by calling them the Angry Left! What the hell is that?

So, who cares about the job losses? Who cares about Katrina? Who cares about healthcare? As long as you're a POW and your main goal is to kill all the terrorists in the world you're a real American and nothing else matters? REALLY????

You know, they brag about John McCain's experience and accomplishments, but other than beeing tortured 4 decades ago, what does he bring to the table as a possible President? All I hear now is the story of a soldier who put his country first. But isn't it what all soldiers so? In what does that make you a great commander in chief? Before all the hoopla about what a great American he is , and I don't dispute that he is, where was the support from his party? It seems to me like they needed a pitbull to scare off the americans into believing that only the GOP can save America from the big bad world and that pitbull was never John McCain. Now they found one they can use to manipulate John McCain into doing what they want him to do. Don't be fooled. McCain might seems like he's his own man, but the people he's surrounded by are manipulative and liars, and they will get what they want from him by using that VP pick. They don't care about her so-called experience. They only care about her sarcasm and her nasty attacks on the Democrats. And that is their strategy all the way to the White House.

America, as a Canadian, I will not tell you who to vote for, but before choosing, think real hard about what is to come. Obama may be inexperienced and new to the scene, but his party seems to have a vision and want to be able to start repairing the mistakes that have been made. On the other hand you have a mentality that beeing republican means beeing American. Regardless of how their people have suffered, they prefer an approach of fear. What Rudy Giuliani said about giving up Iraq is giving up America, this was a flat out lie! Rudy Giuliani just accused the american people of conspiracy.

Hate and division will destroy this country and this election will either be the beginning of something new or the beginning of the end. Great empires have been destroyed by fear and divisions. If you allow the GOP 4 more years in the White House DO NOT COMPLAIN when things go from bad to worse!

September 4, 2008 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  8. Trasa, Texas

The Repugs came with cracks last night which I had to admit where cute, but no way is the election year funny. They didn't even spend time as to where they saw the direction of this country going forward, the economy, healthcare, housing crisis, social security, national debt, nothing. If they wanted to convince an independant like me, they are not working hard enough. Sarah comments is no surpise, but instead of continuing to belittle the other side, comment on your record if it's so exstinguished. Personally, the way I see it, both parties have serviced the American people, just in different ways and took different paths. Personally, I think the Repugs contradict themselves. They say experience is key, so because Sarah has been mayor and now governor she has the executive experience. So that means, McCain doesn't have the experience McCain he's been a senator for 26 years. Hasn't ran a business, city, state, hasn't dealt with natural disasters. Hasn't budget anything which is obvious considering he didn't know much about his own holdings. When you add the fact that he's served in military, he's now an expert on winning wars as he specifically stated, which I have been looking and don't see where he won any wars or even heard he has, he's ready to take office. To be honest, he doesn't have that much riding than Obama. Only difference is, he's been doing it much longer than Obama.

Sarah is going to be the new face of the Republican party like Obama is for the Democratic. They both are for change, but the truth of the matter, they both will have a hard time changing anything because your still dealing with the same people who's been in office for years that are not going to have an open view on anything. Some may, but not much. If They would learn to reduce the terms these senators, congressmen, etc run, it wouldn't be held down by old people with old ideas. True, Sarah may be the reformer and standing against her party, but the truth is, she won't get much done because she still sitting behind McCain whose old school. If she was at the head of the ticket, I believe she just may would actually make some changes. I go with Obama because he's going to be at the head of the ticket, which means he'll have more of a say in how things will be done. I think if the Republicans had her on top of the ticket, it would have been a fight to the White House.

September 4, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |