September 4th, 2008

Convention to air Palin biography video

CNN

The RNC will air a video Thursday night highlighting Palin's biography.

(CNN) – A video highlighting Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's biography and record as Alaska's governor is set to air at the party's convention Thursday night, senior McCain aides tell CNN.

The three-minute video was originally slated to air Wednesday night before Palin's speech at the convention but was postponed due to time constraints. McCain aides said the video makes a "compelling" case for why John McCain chose Palin as his running mate.

"Mother, moose hunter, maverick," the video's narrator states. “Mayor, governor, maverick. The original maverick made an astute choice when he asked Governor Palin to join him in his effort to remake Washington.

"Alaska, a far corner of America that accounts for 20 percent of our domestic oil, has produced a remarkable woman who's never been afraid to put her city, state, or country first - regardless of consequences," the narrator continues.

1. lynn

I'm so confused by this "Obama has no experience" debate.
    He was in the STATE senate from 1996-2004 and THEN elected to US senate from 2005-present.
    Before that, he was teaching constitutional law at University of Chicago and before that president of the Harvard Law Review.
    Not only does he have experience but he is a giant mind!
    Wake up America!!! You elected an "ordinary guy" last time! Let's get someone is the white house who is a THINKER, an ACADEMIC, a man with developed critical thinking skills in office this time!
    I DON'T want to grab a beer with my president! I want him to be SMARTER and BUSIER than me!!! Someone to look up to and respect rather than hang out with!!!

September 4, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  2. Mark - California

Play the video still doesn't makeup for the fact that she has no experience, so she's a hockey mom and a self described pitbull against other moms maybe but what about with leaders around the world.

You think the media is hard on her wait until she (maybe) sitting in front of Kim, Puttin, etc.

September 4, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  3. All the Kings Horses and All the Kings Men Couldn't Put Fallen Little Miss Ice Chip Together Again!

Once was MORE THAN ENOUGH!

September 4, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  4. Trasa, Texas

In truth, she may not be all that bad, but the fact remains, that if they haven't thown this never heard of Governor in our faces and expecting majority of the American people to except her face down, they are clearly wrong. Obama went through the wringer over his qualifications and you still get some comments, we don't know him. And he appeared on the scene in the last Democratic convention. This woman hasn't appeared, that I'm aware of, on a national scene and people need time to get to know her. Personally, I'm still not voting for that ticket because it's the issues, but if I wanted to, springing her on the American people is not a good way to get more votes in. I'm just not going to except anybody. Sounds like they are just handing these spots out to anybody, where can I apply.

September 4, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  5. indiePA

Did I see the magic Republican word "OIL"?? Gee, I wonder why she was chosen....since she's at the forefront of the movement to drill, drill, drill. I also noticed that she is being compared to bush. If she's another dubya, we don't need her!

September 4, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  6. Anna H

About higher taxes vs. lower taxes, etc.

You know, I sure paid a hell of a lot more in taxes in 2003 than I did in 1995. Why? Because my income climbed about $100,000 from where it was in 1995!

Yeah I pay a lot more taxes because of that, but I sure had a lot more money in my pocket at the end of the day in 2003 than I did back in 1995. And I was happy to pay my fair share. I still make a lot, but my income doesn't go nearly as far as it did 5 years ago. But we won't go there... that's another issue.

Let's try and focus not so much on how much we pay out, but WHERE that money goes. HOW it is spent. I scratch my head when I hear Republicans call themselves "Conservative". I thought "Conserve" meant to "save"... not spend. Did I miss something?

It burns me up to see my tax dollars totally wasted on greedy officials and politicians from BOTH sides of the aisle. You wanna tax me? Fine. But someone HAS to reel in this ridiculous spending!!

$10 Billion per month on the "War on ____?" I didn't vote for a fill-in-the-blank! Congress didn't vote for that, either! They voted to go to war with Iraq because of Saddam Hussein and WMD's. Seems like those two things are out of the picture now. Money well spent. So QUIT spending MORE! You're done! Mission Accomplished, already!

We're out of cash. Sorry George & Johnny, no more tokens. Time to get off the ride. We can't afford it. We're done. Wish we had more, but we don't.

September 4, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  7. Charlie Black

That's okay, she fired me up to donate $50 to Obama/Biden today! Looks like Obama will raise $10 million dollars before McCain takes the stage tonight.

September 4, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  8. Democracynow2008

Who Cares what the RNC will be airing tonight.
    Enough of this Palin already lets deal with some real news like Global Warming ,the Energy problems the Economy.
    What is she getting ready to write her first book.
    Sarah Palin should after McCain loses go back to where she came from and please stay their.

September 4, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  9. Dawn Smith

The top 10 things you should know about Sarah Palin:

1) She is presently under investigation in Alaska for abuse of power

2) She believes creationism should be taught in public schools

3) She is opposed to abortion even in cases of rape and incest

4) She is a champion for big oil and supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and everywhere else

5) Less than two years ago she was only the mayor of a small Alaskan town

6) She believes global warming is a farce

7) In 2007 she put out a bounty on wolves paying $150 for turning in legs of freshly killed wolves

8) She is opposed to listing the polar bear as an endangered species

9) She supports aerial hunting of wolves and bears even though Alaskans voted twice to ban the practice

10) She used $400,000 of state money to fund a media campaign in support of aerial hunting

REPUBLICANS, the "Christian" party?....I think not!

September 4, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  10. Republican for change

What a joke.

Obama/Biden 08

September 4, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  11. David Orbach, New York, NY

Sarah is a one trick pony, and her speech last night showed just how out of step the Republicans are. We've had eight years of divisiveness, and don't want or need another day more.

September 4, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  12. EBJ

Gov. Palin isn't it time to go and 'keel" moose??

September 4, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  13. Donna

I felt Palin's speech offensive and I also do not believe she represents women well. From a party that is saying she is a "hotty" and even Cindy McCain calling her hot because she is a good looking woman- who could be more sexist than her own party!!! Cindy McCain walks behind her husband, never speaks unless spoken too and acts like the perfect Stepford Wife. I am insulted as a 52 year old single woman that this is a comparison to Hillary or Geraldine. These women are ridiculous. And isn't this the party that didn't want Murphy Brown on TV because it did not express Family Values!! What a joke this whole party is at this time. I am ashamed I was registered Republican at one time. Obama and Biden have the interest of the common people at heart. McCain/Palin have themselves at heart. Yes, she has confidence and maybe way too much. She needs to look at her own house.

September 4, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  14. Johanna

Since the conservatives are on the attack, here goes...

John McCain's daddy died at age 70 and his grand daddy died at age 61. Johnny just had his 72nd b-day and gets cancer ever four years. Do you want Palin as president when the old b*stard dies???

September 4, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  15. Brian G, Sugar Land, TX

Will there be popcorn?

September 4, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  16. SDunn

LOL @ her speech. You mean the one she didn't write. When is she going to be interviewed by the press. What is McCain afraid of. If she's so ready then why is she hiding from the press corp?

September 4, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  17. Grandma for Obama

I wonder if she's going to remodel the White House three times like she did her Mayoral office.

Or censor the White House library – point to librarian, if you don't remove the books she deems inappropriate, she will fire you.

I wonder how much more she will increase the budget deficit, she did wonders with Wasilla, of course she increased the taxes collected by 38%, but hey whats a little more deficit.

Of course you can tax food for the rest of the states like you did as Mayor also.

And she makes a mean mooseburger.

September 4, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  18. John - Houston

Oh yeah and the market determines the economy, not government, unless you are talking about regulating and putting a stranglehold onto it

September 4, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  19. KH

The McCain campaign seems to think that the only way to serve your country is in the military. According to them serving your community has no merits...sad

September 4, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |