September 4th, 2008

Convention to air Palin biography video

CNN

The RNC will air a video Thursday night highlighting Palin's biography.

(CNN) – A video highlighting Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's biography and record as Alaska's governor is set to air at the party's convention Thursday night, senior McCain aides tell CNN.

The three-minute video was originally slated to air Wednesday night before Palin's speech at the convention but was postponed due to time constraints. McCain aides said the video makes a "compelling" case for why John McCain chose Palin as his running mate.

"Mother, moose hunter, maverick," the video's narrator states. “Mayor, governor, maverick. The original maverick made an astute choice when he asked Governor Palin to join him in his effort to remake Washington.

"Alaska, a far corner of America that accounts for 20 percent of our domestic oil, has produced a remarkable woman who's never been afraid to put her city, state, or country first - regardless of consequences," the narrator continues.

1. Dave Richmond,va

Take a look at that backdrop.... She is the worst environmental advocate I think I've ever seen.

She opposed a statewide ballot initiative to prohibit or restrict new mining operations that could affect salmon in the state's streams and rivers.

She sued the Interior Department over its decision to try to protect the polar bear by listing it as a threatned species.

She opposes a windfall profits tax on oil companies, even though most of their profits come from drilling on public land that you and I and every American citizen own.

She faces an immediate conflict of interest in developing national energy policy: her husband is an oil production operator for BP on Alaska's North Slope.

Voting for her is like the right hand of the Bush administration when it comes for environmental disaster.

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  2. Sally

The Republicans have said they’re the party of values and morals yet with the nomination of Palin they are legitimatizing teenage pregnancy, overage pregnancy and latch key parenting. She asks for privacy regarding her daughter but who’s the one putting her in the spot light? You can’t expect privacy in a high-profile position. And isn’t privacy what pro-choicers are asking for? It’s no one’s business. And her policies are about as green as the sky.

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  3. Dumbo

She's great! I Love her for no specific reason!!
    Now I sound like an Obama supporter...

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  4. Mikey

Before I get shelled for my previous comment, I did not intend disrespect for our armed forces. I am just extremely angry at the speakers and delegates at the RNC for the disrespect they showed to those who disagree with their way of moving our country forward. We are all Americans I suspect our perfect worlds would look much alike. We just disagree on the way to get there.

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  5. Cynthia

Don't even need to see it to know that she is skating on very thin ice.

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  6. GET REAL PEOPLE

IF OBAMA HAS HIS WAY WE WILL ALL BE UNDER THE GOVERNMENT WHY WOULD WE WANT MORE LAZY PEOPLE TO HAVE HELP FROM THE GOVERNMENT. GOD PEOPLE GET A GRIP IT IS NOT THE GOVERNMENTS JOB TO TAKE CARE OF US AS LONG AS WE ARE ABLE THEN WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES INSTEAD OF EVERTHING BEING GIVEN TO US, AND BY THE WAY IF THE BUSINESSES GET TAXED HIGHER WHO IS GOING TO GIVE US OUR JOBS, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IS ALL I CAN SAY OMG PEOPLE WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  7. CINDY MC CANE'S $300,000 OUTFIT FOR RNC

ALL TOGETHER NOW BLOGGERS--

BLESS HER HEART!

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  8. Helen, NY

Very interesting and amazing. It is the beginning fo the end to Democrats.
    I am sure that CNN, MSNBC should get a hit now unless you come biased. ll of your reporters includign Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, Larry King do not know what to do. This is the new age. If you are mouthpiece of Barack Obama who has no experience whatsoever, you are wrong. Get a life. CNN , you better publish these facts and my comments.

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  9. Scott Tucson

She makes the liberals all look like a bunch of California pansies. At least she has a record of making decisions where as Obama doesn't. Obama's toughest decisions might have been where to take his kids out to eat,.McDonalds or Burger King?

September 4, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  10. CINDY MC CANE'S $300,000 OUTFIT FOR RNC

ALL TOGETHER NOW BLOGGERS--

BLESS HER HEART! :)

September 4, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  11. Lisa

Nothing but more puppets.......

September 4, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  12. Barb Farnsworth

Why would any parent have a young child, let alone an infant under 6 months out in that type of setting?
    What parents does not have their infants in bed at home at night?

September 4, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  13. CRAZY!

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT TO ASK HER IF SHE PLANS ON HAVING MORE CHILDREN? DOES THE COUNTRY HAVE A MATERNITY LEAVE POLICY FOR THE VICE PRESIDENT?

September 4, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  14. Unbiased observer

PLEASE POST!

I love how Dems claim that only the Republicans engage in "fear-mongering"... and they also make the claim that Republicans don't give reasons for McCain other than "not to vote for Obama"....

Funny – isn't it OBAMA who is also doing the fear-mongering by claiming that "McCain will be three more years of Bush"? All you people who call McCain McSame and McBush are eating that fear-mongering by Obama right up when history says otherwise.

Get real, take a look at yourselves. Fear-mongering is a democratic tactic as much if not more so.

September 4, 2008 03:12 pm at 3:12 pm |
  15. REV. WRIGHT IS OFF THE TABLE

If that despicable display last night involved '"christians", then Rev. Wright's flock, just gained a 57 year old white male. I have never witnessed such vile, hatred venom from one place in all of those 57 years!

Thanks to that debacle I am actually ashamed to be caucasian for the 'first time in my life". I am glad I am alone, because I have tears in my eyes as I type this, so everyone out there of color, please acccept my personal apology and let me state that not all of us are so hateful and pathetic and for what it is worth, I too, am afraid that group will release the lions on all of us, and if my skin color saves me but leaves with that rabid group. then will one of you please take me with you.

Mike F.
    Dallas, TX

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  16. Michael

Somebody should remind the Republicans that Jesus was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor.

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  17. Paul Dobro

Alaska must be a wonderful place now, the way she described everything she did in just 20 months. I mean, it is almost god like.

Oh no, we have another "the one"

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  18. GROW UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ARE HER POLICIES?

1.HEALTHCARE?
    2. HOUSING CRISIS?
    3. EDUCATION?
    4. GAS?
    5. THE ENTIRE ECONOMY?
    6. THE WAR?
    7.RUSSIA/CHINA/ANYBODY

SINCE HER SPEECH WAS SOOOO GOOD WHAT WAS IN IT?

WHAT DOES PALIN BELIEVE IN?

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  19. bernj

Palin is a right wing nut having a party with other right wing nuts. She may qualify as a RILF but that is about it.

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  20. Janyouerry

All of this would make wonderful theater in another time and place in our history. I find it frightening that when we survey the landscape of our economic woes, military entanglements, severe environmental challenges, state of our educational system, etc. we are still exercising a mis-placed prerogative to judge the candidacy of one
    who could well be a heart-beat away from this country's salvation by the oh so thin threads of personality, sarcasm, home-town qualities,
    oil drilling (as if it will never run out), and willingness to treat the awful
    statistics on teen pregnancy as if abstinence is the answer. Folks, please "man-up" (no pun intended) to the reality of where we as a nation stand at this point in our history....put partisanship aside....refrain looking for reasons NOT to vote for a particular candidate....and ask that whatever god you believe in help us choose a leader who will guide us through this unprecedented mess we are in as a country! This is not a pep-rally. This is the real deal.

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  21. Waiting For Obama's Inaugural

Charlotte...

At least Obama has given you food for thought. Unlike McCain/Palin who have offered nothing. Nothing that is if you find yourself struggling to put gas in your car, food on your table or if the job you have today will be shipped off shore tomorrow.

I'm thinking CNN needs to filter their blog page by emails. Reading through most of the comments, I see alot of similiarities like Mike, or there is Mike from NJ, or Mike from Newark/NJ. It gets repetitious and boring just like the Republicans...but than again this must be news.

Where is my channel changer.

Obama/Biden

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  22. jerry

Rome is burning and the Republicans continue to play their fiddles. When our country is facing unprecedented challenges, the Republicans continue to discuss "family values" and pro-life decisions. Palin's choice as VP is an insult to all educated, informed Americans. It is pandering at its worst. I believed that McCain was a man of honesty and integrity. Not any more.

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  23. vetwatching

Palen is the one running on her family every time she opens her mouth.
    she is the pit-bull drunk on her own lipstick dishing out a litany of personal attacks
    so stop whining and asking for a double standard

SHE WORE AN ALASKA FIRST PIN LAST NIGHT. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE AMERICAN FLAG PIN?

when is the pit-bull going to come out of Cheneys cage & answer questions like Obama has for 18 months?

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  24. dorothy smith

Ten minutes of her shrill, screeching voice, handing out more of the
    Republican BS, was all I could take. All I can think of, is poor McCain,
    if he should accidentely win, she will be running him & this country.
    Get out & vote, you people with half a brain & don't give us another 4 or
    8 years of the same thing, that has brought the USA to the brink of
    destruction.

September 4, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  25. Carmon Minneapolis MN

Doesnt this remind you of those Hillary ads where at 3 am she was fully dressed with makeup on and wearing pearls.....?

This is so fake