September 4th, 2008

Convention to air Palin biography video

CNN

The RNC will air a video Thursday night highlighting Palin's biography.

(CNN) – A video highlighting Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's biography and record as Alaska's governor is set to air at the party's convention Thursday night, senior McCain aides tell CNN.

The three-minute video was originally slated to air Wednesday night before Palin's speech at the convention but was postponed due to time constraints. McCain aides said the video makes a "compelling" case for why John McCain chose Palin as his running mate.

"Mother, moose hunter, maverick," the video's narrator states. “Mayor, governor, maverick. The original maverick made an astute choice when he asked Governor Palin to join him in his effort to remake Washington.

"Alaska, a far corner of America that accounts for 20 percent of our domestic oil, has produced a remarkable woman who's never been afraid to put her city, state, or country first - regardless of consequences," the narrator continues.

1. Gretel

People say that McCaine is stupid, old or senile. But let me tell you, this man is no fool. McCaine knew exactly what he needed in a VP nominee that would put him in the White House, and I mean no one was as qualified as Sarah Palin for this position. All the names I heard, Romney, Ridge, Lieberman, Hutchinson, etc..none of them would come close in qualifications to Sarah Palin. She has exactly what it takes to get the Republicans elected in 2008.

You see, there is nothing that captures the media's attention (and heart) so easily as a pretty female who happens to be a mom and who can recite a scripted and heavily rehearsed speech on cue. McCaine had no alternative BUT to select Sarah, because after Obama's speech last week, there was a strong possibility that the GOP convention would get very little attention or viewership.

While the selection of a female as VP nominee has been touted in the media and by some of the public as "progress" and "historic" there is nothing progressive or historic about the motives behind this selection. This is 20 years backwards in my view. In order words, an attractive female with 2 years of experience is better than an average-looking or unattractive female with 4 years of experience. It's sad that some women refuse to see this for what it is, and they accuse the wrong people of being sexist. Seems like the more things "change" the more they stay the same.

September 4, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  2. Ed, Santa Fe NM

yawn... so the barracuda gives a speech but of course has NOTHING to say about the economy or anything relevant at all... just the usual GOP fascist smear and innuendo.

September 4, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  3. Arielle of Glendale, CA

How can they show her with a beautiful moose in the background?! She will probably just kill that moose. It makes me so sad. Hunting (the murder of helpless animals) is not pro-life at all! I think she's an absolute hypocrite!

September 4, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  4. Maya

I am grateful to McCain for this pathetic VP choice. I have a lot of respect for Hillary Clinton, and my firend, this is no Hillary Clinton. As a Democratic woman, I am offended to the core that the Repubs think my demographic is so blind that we would accept this poor excuse for a human as a substitute for Hillary.

we are going to fix this country, and it starts now – OBAMA/BIDEN/CLINTON for the next 16 years!!

can you feel the excitement? I can!

September 4, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  5. ProudDemocrat

this woman is evil she supports animal cruelty like dog fight, chasing and killing moose, imagine how she is going to treat the American people is elected V.P she will make Dick cheney look like saint.

September 4, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  6. No Way, No How, NObama

Let that "little woman" scare ya, didnt' ya?

HA HA PUMA!!!

September 4, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  7. Felly

Sarah Palin is an angry woman just like Ann Coulter.

September 4, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  8. JenTN

I've watched both debates, and the striking difference to me is this: Obama speaks and lives as a true gentleman. I'm proud of the fact that he refused to take part in attacking that poor 17 year old child, who is going to give birth to a child! I'm DISGUSTED that apparently the effects of that child's mother, accepting the nomination to run as a VP, were not considered in that mother's quest to further her ambitions. Did Palin not consider what the press would do to her own daughter? And WHO is going to care for that baby, if she is elected as VP? The baby is disabled and has special needs. I have a niece with Downs Syndrome. She requires much more care than a child without disabilities. Is it up to the pregnant 17 year old? Or the four year old? And, God forbid, if something happens to McCain!!! Don't get me wrong...I'm all for a WOMAN being President, Vice President, or anything else she wants to do. But combining these MOST IMPORTANT positions with mothering (or not, in this case), is obscene! I don't believe those children have been, are, or will be, cared for in the way they deserve if McCain – Palin, win the White House. And as for her attacks on Obama last night... Well I doubt if anyone ever calls her a "Lady". She came off like a petulant CHILD!

September 4, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  9. mathteacher

Ihope everyone checks the facts about whyat Sarah Palin said in her speech. Besides being a mother, a governor a hunter its too bad she cannot add truth teller.
    By the way I am a hockey mom and I resent being compared to a pit dog.

September 4, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  10. Quinn - Houston, Texas

Too late for a video tribute.

Everyone already knows that Sarah Palin is a cheapshot taking HACK!

Only the extreme right is cool with her scary social positions.

September 4, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  11. Kelby from Houston, TX

I don't care about the skeletons in her closet or if her personal policies resemble that of the Nazi party...SHE IS SO HOTT.

Her looks are really groovy in a far out kinda way.

All I'm saying is that she could get it. Not the nomination or any victory in November, no, She could get IT.

September 4, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  12. marc

One can never reason with an intelligent design believer, because they are an unintelligent bunch who think evolution never happened! This is what we are getting if they win the presidency and not too long after a country ruled by the bible...

13. TruthBeTold

Hey dancing angel, youre an idiot! Obama's political career depends on the teleprompter....He'll completely fold at the debates without it...you dems honestly are blind.

14. TJ in Texas (Dallas)

Moose hunter + mother = expereince as to 1 + 2 = 4

It just doesn't add up. McSame/Palin is a joke!

Obama/Biden... now that adds up.

Yes, we will!

15. Alex

If McCain thinks that he can fire up his republican base without the moderates... "middle america", he is so wrong. There is no way you can win when you only appear to one side....

16. Disgusted

I am so DISGUSTED with John McCain! He said this was going to be a gentleman's race and he flip-flopped on that! He tried to copy Obama with 'change', but when that didn't work for him he fell back to the same old Republican, angry, divisive, condescending, GARBAGE! And I STILL question his judgement in choosing someone like Sarah Palin as VP... SHE IS A JOKE! With ALL of the other truly qualified women.....why her?

17. John

Ummmm....isn't anyone curious to know what her stance is on policy and the issues. Everyone is giving themselves hi fives because she's a soccer mom with five kids. She's not trying to get a job at Wallmart people. She's running to be the nations' representative to the WORLD in international affairs. Do you understand what a VP does. I'm not sure most people do.
    Think Dick Cheney, George Bush Sr., Al Gore....this woman is not qualified because she's a mom of five and governor of 7,000.

By the way, do all the women supporting her know she is on record wanting to over turn Roe vs. Wade. She doesn't believe a woman has the right to choose for herself. Is that really someone you want representing America in this day and age?

18. Britt Hume

I think I'll just laugh now and not bother watching the video.

19. MN4Obama

She came across as smug and arrogant. Any woman that votes for her should be ashamed of themselves! I would love to see a woman in a high ranking position however I don't want her to be the representative. Let's stop focusing on her as a "hockey mom" and actually hear what she stands for. But I guess if you have no plan you have to stoop to namecalling.

20. janice whitley

I did not see one thing that made her capable of being president in case of the need. Also being the mother of a handicapped child, I did not appreciate the fact that they paraded that child in front of the world trying to get sympathy from the voters. They should have gotten a babysitter and kept the child at home. You cannot run the country just because you have a handicapped child. If that had been Obama's child being 17 and having a baby out of wed-lock it would have been the worse thing to ever happen in this country. The republicans need more than I have seen so far to have a good team for president and vice president.

21. SJC

I wonder how many of those cheering Palin (as well as the other speakers) last night as she ridiculed Obama's lack of experience voted for Bush in 2000 when they had the chance to vote for McCain back then. In 2000 Bush was a one term governor who got that job only because his name was Bush and prior to that the only thing he was good at was getting drunk. It seems inexperience to them is only important when talking about a Democrat.

22. Breck

"Remake Washington" By keeping it the same? Well, I guess McCain is bringing in more lobbyists, but still...

23. Marc PDX

Looks like the Hypocratic Party is showing itself to be the party of INTOLERANCE! Always knew it but now they're not even trying to hide it. They can't stand "that woman", Sarah Palin. The truth always reveals itself eventually.

24. Generation X

Fact Check:
    Palin: "The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes ... raise payroll taxes ... raise investment income taxes ... raise the death tax ... raise business taxes ... and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars. My sister Heather and her husband have just built a service station that's now opened for business – like millions of others who run small businesses. How are they going to be any better off if taxes go up?"

Well, it all depends whose taxes go up, doesn't it? If Heather and her husband make less than $250,000, their taxes will not go up. Most Americans will pay less in taxes under Obama's plan than under McCain's. So they might well be better off.

25. Leslie

If there was any tiny bit of my soul that would have ever even considered voting Republican, it got knocked out of me last night.

Her sarcasm and "I can hang with the boys" attitude may work in the taverns of Alaska, but have no place in politics, especially not straight out of the gate.

Stay on the high road, Obama!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24