September 4th, 2008

Convention to air Palin biography video

CNN

The RNC will air a video Thursday night highlighting Palin's biography.

(CNN) – A video highlighting Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's biography and record as Alaska's governor is set to air at the party's convention Thursday night, senior McCain aides tell CNN.

The three-minute video was originally slated to air Wednesday night before Palin's speech at the convention but was postponed due to time constraints. McCain aides said the video makes a "compelling" case for why John McCain chose Palin as his running mate.

"Mother, moose hunter, maverick," the video's narrator states. “Mayor, governor, maverick. The original maverick made an astute choice when he asked Governor Palin to join him in his effort to remake Washington.

"Alaska, a far corner of America that accounts for 20 percent of our domestic oil, has produced a remarkable woman who's never been afraid to put her city, state, or country first - regardless of consequences," the narrator continues.

1. Beth

One reason I will not vote Obama is because his followers are crude,rude and repulsive, immiture teens that just vote for two issues. That is all the know. If Obama attracts *these types* I must question Obama!!!!!!

September 4, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  2. D'Ann

How on can anyone say her speech was " a home run" the speech I heard sounded a little desperate. It was just like a typical republican talking down about other people who are not one of them. She also is very hypocritical in what she says she believes in God but has no problem disrespecting him by saying someting about "spreading the seas and healing the earth" also about her wanting to teach abstenance in schools when she did no teach it at home. Typical republican hypocrite. GO OBAMA AND BIDEN

September 4, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  3. Faithful American, USA

WOW
    Free entertainment.
    I'll cancel my HBO now.

September 4, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  4. Taxes

DID YOU SEE THE YOUNG COUPLE BRISTOL AND LEVI. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE KIDS BUT ON THE OTHER SIDE THE GOP CAN SHOW THEM TO THE PUBLIC. WELL WATCH REAL GOOD AND BE PROUD WHEN YOU VOTE MCCAIN. YOUR TAX MONEY WILL BE FEEDING THESE TWO USELESS KIDS FOR FREE THE NEXT YEARS.

IF YOU BELIEVE IN NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE STAND BY IT, IF YOUR KID DOES NOT LISTEN THEN BETTER THEN DON"T SHOW THEM.

September 4, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  5. cHRis, SC

Her voice is asinine , nothing she has to say has struck me as intellectual, and yes, i can read a teleprompter too. I don't care if she's governor or not. She has no business running to be VP with 5 kids and one of them being handicapped. I hope everyone makes a wise decision this November.

Obama/Biden '08

September 4, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  6. mrs. sims

In the beginning I was open minded regarding Mrs. Palin even though I am a democrat. I was proud of her as a woman so I wanted to wait until I heard her speech to make up my mind about her. After last night's speech she lost the respect and admiration I had for her. Yes she is a good speaker and I would not take that away from her. But how dare she and the McCain campaign try to belittle the role of community organizers. Martin Luther King, John Adams, Malcom X, Jesse Jackson, and many others started out as community organizers so you not only bashed Obama you bashed all those little community organizers that have paved the way for others. And then Palin turns around and brags on how she sold a jet on ebay. Are You Serious? Does selling items on ebay really make you qualified? Last night I was hoping to get know Sarah Palin and in a strange way I think I did. Palin, one who avoids discussing herself and her beliefs by bashing others. Palin, a woman who speaks division therefore has proven she cannot cross party lines for the better of the people.

September 4, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  7. Betty

More from the drama queen? Please, give the people a break. I will not watch it – I've seen enough.

September 4, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  8. John

Funny how last night she mentioned she auctioned off the Gov. Jet to cut wasteless spending, and then she also fired the cook. So I guess Gov. Palin's thoughts on saving money for the country is to fire people...

September 4, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  9. Ma Barker

After the intro looking like the "Family Feud" yesterday, I'll be curious if the video will show her hunting out of a helicopter, the treatening e-mails and a lot more. Give us break.

10. Richard Johnson in Las Vegas

Nice picture of a moose. Wonder if Palin has a nice mooseknuckle.

11. Marie-Lynn

Washhhhh

12. Jakey

This speech was nothing more than good old Prep Rally..

When the convention is over, we'll see her debate on the issues facing America.

This speech had ZERO substance...

No mention of the Economy
    No mention of the War
    No mention of Health Care

This speech only electrified the Republican base, not the entire nation.

Where's the BEEF Sarah Palin? Managing a state of 660,000 is a complete joke and your record as major is horrible.

13. Bertagirl

Jesse Ventura was a governor, too. and quite a reformer. Why not choose him, he's a goof-ball, too?

14. karen-phoenix

NO way, No How, No McCain!!! I can NOT watch anymore!!! Hey Pelin, Jesus was the first "community organizer"!!! Obama believes in Jesus's words–"What you do to the least of these, you do to me".

15. Vegas Barbie for Obama

"Mother, moose hunter, maverick"–don't forget lipstick-wearing pitbull...no policy, no substance, yep, sounds like par for the course for John McCain, another weak woman to add to his collection...won't the trophy wife be jealous?

16. Teddy California

Democrats are distracted by Palin. They are aiming at the wrong targets. In the Democratic convention, they aimed repeatly at Bush and they said McCain would another Bush term. I think direct hit might be more damaging. Now, they are aiming the fires at Palin. Most agree Palin has more executive experiences, but Obama has more overal experiences and more foreign affair experiences. This is the wrong target again. You are comparing the democratic top ticket with the Republican running mate.

If Democrats lose this Presidential election, it will be the biggest Presidential upset in the U.S.A. in the past several decades! All conditions and environments are made for a Democratic win in November.

17. Ted

How DARE anyone disrepect an innocent baby the way some of you scared Obama supporters have trashed Sarah's Down Syndrome child!!!

You preach being your "sister's keeper" but when it comes down to politics anything goes.

Sarah Palin in an honest and strong American woman who puts her God, her Family and her Country first.

God, Family, Country = vote Republican

For everything else... vote Democrat

18. Elliott Wilson

Um I'm not understanding why you guys at cnn are not stating the facts as far as the republicans are aying it was a great speech blah blah, but honestly im looking at you guys comments on her speech and 90% of the people on there wewr not pleased are happy about what she said, and whats up with this sanchez chick as i'm watching still giving credit somebody please tell the GOP to look at these comments left on cnn especially the woman, Soladad please bring this up in the next 15 minutes PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

19. Maizena

This is a woman who never want Alaska to be independent anda not part of the US.

20. Celeste

I just can't get the image of her with the stuffed bear behind her. She is pro-life, yet has no regard for the lives of animals. I am pro-life and even though I dont and wont own a pet, I can't imagine killing an innocent animal for the heck of it. That is just so gross. That is cruelty.

21. Jim

There wasn't any time constraints about the video...they probably had some focus groups who hated it, so they had to go back, tweak it, and make it less or more...whatever...so people would actually sit through it without rolling their eyes.

September 4, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  22. Vegas Barbie for Obama

Three whole minutes? Hire someone to shriek and whine and you can be done with it in 45 seconds or less.

September 4, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  23. To Gail

Gail –

Don't waste your time doing "CNN comment surveys." Your numbers have ZIPPO statistical value. If anything they purport inference that cannot be meaningfully made.

Of course, if you are interested in the proportion of people likely to post shrill comments on CNN who actually DO post them, then have at it...

September 4, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  24. Sarah

I did not like the way she tied to use her baby sickness yesterday...
    It looks every thing was for sale

September 4, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  25. Jose Felix

Any idiot can give birth but it takes a mother to raise them and make them her priority.

Any idiot can shoot a gun but it takes only a smart person wouldn't say that qualifies them to be vice-president.

Any good looking woman can win a beauty pageant but it takes a speech writer to make you look politically legit.

Can't wait until the debate and see the deer in headlights stare coming out of her like some of the animals she's killed.

September 4, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |