September 4th, 2008

Convention to air Palin biography video

CNN

The RNC will air a video Thursday night highlighting Palin's biography.

(CNN) – A video highlighting Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's biography and record as Alaska's governor is set to air at the party's convention Thursday night, senior McCain aides tell CNN.

The three-minute video was originally slated to air Wednesday night before Palin's speech at the convention but was postponed due to time constraints. McCain aides said the video makes a "compelling" case for why John McCain chose Palin as his running mate.

"Mother, moose hunter, maverick," the video's narrator states. “Mayor, governor, maverick. The original maverick made an astute choice when he asked Governor Palin to join him in his effort to remake Washington.

"Alaska, a far corner of America that accounts for 20 percent of our domestic oil, has produced a remarkable woman who's never been afraid to put her city, state, or country first - regardless of consequences," the narrator continues.

1. NO WAY NO HOW NO MCAIN/PALIN

This woman makes me ashamed to be an American.

There, I said it.

September 4, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  2. Alan

As a Democrat who's been on the fence, Palin's speech has won me over. My party has nothing to offer the country. Until it recognizes this and gets a truly legitimate candidate, I'll be voting McCain/Palin,

September 4, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  3. Ken

I am looking forward to Palin putting Biden in his place! Palin has more executive experience than Biden, and for that matter, Obama as well.

I am sure that this is making Obama have second thoughts about his pick of Biden verses Hillary Clinton!

I am a Hillary Clinton supporter that is voting for McCain/Palin instead of Obama/Biden for the only reason that Obama did not choose Hillary Clinton to be his VP. Eat your heart out B. Hussein Obama!

September 4, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  4. New York voter

You know she hit a home run. These Obama supporters are sounding, hmm, what's a good word- SHRILL.

September 4, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  5. Jerry

I wondering what Animal Rights say about her killing God Animal for hunting...Palin does not have any background to fall back on

Obama/Biden 08

September 4, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  6. karen-phoenix

Palin's foreign policy is completely based on The Book of Revelations in the Bible–War, war, and more war and Jesus will be back! I'm soooo scarred of this women!!!

September 4, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  7. On the fence

It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I think she is a pit bull and this type of person is exactly what Hillary was warning the party about during the campaign.

Obama is great with speeches, but can he take the heat? If he thought Hillary was tough on him, just wait until the Republicans kick in full swing. He needs to be tested though if he wants to face the world.

Also, I noticed there haven't been any Obama stories lately. I don't know if he's having dinner, going to the gym, or getting a hair cut...the suspense is killing me!!!

September 4, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  8. Ron L

In the Big scheme of things it will just be another complimentary bio. Fine, they have all done them and they serve their purpose.
    WHAT IS IMPORTANT is getting her on the major news interview circuit. This woman sounds a lot more radical than the warm smile she shows as she stabs you. Her choice of PITBULL was not an accident!! They are ruthless, once they lock those jaws, it is over.
    Here are some questions I would like to hear answered.
    1) Did she really leave the town she was Mayor of with a multimillion dollar deficit?
    2) Does she really want to make abortion..ILLEGAL Period? Not just reverse Roe vs Wade, but make it illegal in all states as well.
    3) Did she introduce a tax increase on food while cutting taxes on businesses?
    We need answers to real questions...No answers..no votes...

September 4, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  9. Petion

We just cannot afford another Bush term. Let's defeat Mccain-Palin in November.

September 4, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  10. Logan - FTL

When I need a doctor, I demand nothing less than the most qualified and educated, when I need a mechanic, I demand nothing less than the most thorough and trained, and when I need a president, I demand nothing less than the most intelligent, qualified, and educated. Why is it that in the United States we choose candidates based not on intelligence, education, or diplomacy but on candidates who we think we can have the most fun sitting around drinking a couple of cold beers together? That is how Bush got elected because people could identify with his good-old-boy appearance.

I could care less if I could sit down with my doctor and discuss a football game with him or her. That is not his or her job, so why do I want a president who I can have a beer with? The president should be the best among us, not the boy/girl next door. Wake up people – you get what you vote for.

September 4, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  11. HyperD

IN FEW WORDS: Palin is: Anti-Choice, Pro-gun violence, Global Warming Denier, Evolution Denier, Pro-Constitional amendment to define marriage. That's not my kind of change! No way! I'm sorry but I'm staying with Hillary, Biden and OBAMA!

September 4, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  12. Steve - southern Illinois

I don't care if she can skin a moose with her teeth. If she can't give an interview I do not want her as Vice President.

September 4, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  13. Frank in Deerfield, IL.

Wed. night I thought I was watching a Saturday Night Live satire of the Republicans with Tina Fey.
    Now I read it was a VP candidiate named Sarah Palin.

September 4, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  14. Tony

As yourselves one question.

If you had a disease would you want to be seen by a specialist or just any doctor?;

If you needed a surgeon, would you want an expert who deals with your particular problem or a med student?;

If you needed major work done on your car, would you want a qualified mechanic or a gas station attendant to take care of it?;

So, why settle for anything other than the best for your president and vice president???

VOTE NO ON "GEEZER and GIDGET" on November 4th.

September 4, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  15. Tianna

Democrats aren't fearmongering by saying McCain will institue the same – or at least similar – policies as Bush. That is a fact. And based on the state of affairs in the US, that should be a concern.
    Please CHECK THE FACTS! Palin gave out so much misinformation – as did others from the party.
    Mike – You must not know much about the state of education, especially in some city schools. Unfortunately, teachers do risk death – or at least disability – in some areas of the country.
    While I think McCain has a great story, I'm not sure that being a POW is a qualification for the Presidency.
    As far as Palin is concerned, I was sick to my stomach listening to all of the hatred and the divisive talk. She does not, nor would she ever, represent my values. Isn't this the party that preaches about God and His grace, and how everything should be based on his teachings. Yet they , one after the other, have no problem smearing, lying, and mocking other people? Hypocrites!
    And as for the sexism...Please, spare me. BEING A WOMAN DOES NOT EXEMPT YOU from questions about your voting record and decision making capabilities. Also, I don't recall hearing any Democrat question her ability to be a mother with a young family and a career. I think that was thrown out there by conservatives to add another distration to the actual issues at hand.

September 4, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  16. Tony

Hey Logan, didn't see your post. Seems we think a lot alike. :)

September 4, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  17. Bushwhacked in Eugene, OR

The stock market's tanking, thanks to 8 years of GOP rule. Guess the RNC wants to keep fluff coming so voters will overlook that connection.

Keep dreaming.

September 4, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  18. Gary of El Centro, Ca

What we need is more "open mike" moments so we can hear the truth about this VP pick.

September 4, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  19. mARGARET SPEZIALETTI

i WAS A hILLARY SUPPORTER. iF SHE WERE IN THIS DICUSSION OF SARAG WOULD NOT TAKE PLACE. AS A MOTHER OF FOUR SHE CAN NOT HOLD THE POSITION AS V P AND STILL BE A GOOD MOM THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN CHILDRENS LIVES ARE TIME SPENT WITH PARENTS.I KNOW SHE LOVES THAT A BABY BUT I DON'T THINK THE BABY SHOULD HAVE BEEN THEIR. AS A SENIOR I DON'T THINK SARAH P. SHOULD BE VP NEGATIVE WORDS REALLY BOTHER ME. THE COUNTRY HAS TO HAVE BE POSTIVE.

September 4, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  20. Jim Adams

Ok...The Republicans have (Labeled ) Senator Obama as the (Enointed One) the (Messiah). I believe it's only fitting to have the (ANOINTMENT) of Gov. Palin as the (The Virgin Mary)...now if she can unlock the (ARK) to let NOAH (McCain) out and face the REAL WORLD...we may have a "REAL CAMPAIGN"...I DOUBT IT!!!!!

September 4, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  21. Gail

America does not like you Sarah Palin. You will not win.

Let's all donate to Obama and show American who WE want. His September fundraising will be thru the roof!!!

September 4, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  22. steve dumford, Scotts valley ca.

The Obamabloggers are at it again. Palin got up there and showed them she's not intimidated and the Obama bloggers don't know what to do. I especially like the ones that say she read her speech from a teleprompter when it was obvious she kept looking at notes she had made. The teleprompter guy is Obama. Blitzer was saying last night that Obama was one of the best at reading his speech from a teleprompter.
    And then we those that say her speech was written for her. Got news for all of you. All the politicians have their speeches written for them. Yes, even your god, Obama.
    Now then there's the thing about being a hunter and cruelty to animals. Wonder how many of those fools are sitting down to a good steak tonight.
    And the the sexists that were rampant in these blogs when Hillary was running now have another target for their sick sexism.. And, get this, alot of them are women. Women who have been brainwashed into thinking their inferior . Whose place is with the babies and doing the dishes and "takin care of their man." Looks as if that family is pretty healthy and happy to me and, just think all this while she was Governor, too.
    Oh, and supposedly she lied during her speech. Does anyone remember that Obama was "not in the pews" and supposedly didn't know about the good Rev. Wrights far out positions? And then there's the little matter of him claiming that McCain was not for equal pay for equal work. Outright lie and he knew it when he said it. McCain is for equal pay just voted not to extend past six months,the time allowed to file a lawsuit. I guess with Obama being a lawyer he must not have liked limiting the number of chances lawyers have to milk their clients with outrageous fees.
    One thing about Obamabots, They've all been given blinders to wear while looking at their idol.

September 4, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  23. bruja

vw: You are kidding, right? She is a mooshunter and animal abuser. A lousy mother with no family values...Ties to big oil, she lies and is so arrogant its almost hurts....BUT YES, SHE CAN SKIN A MOOS .AND SHE CAN SHOOT WOLVES FROM THE AIR. She thinks, this is a sport. What great moral values she has....

September 4, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  24. Brad from Syracuse

To all of you that complain about Governor Palin taking the VP job over her family. Would you DARE ask a man that question? If you were an employer in this country, and ask that question you would be sued.

The democratic party platform espouses equality in pay, jobs, etc, but when a successful Republican female gets IN YOUR FACE, now you flip your base platform?

Typical. No wonder your party is ineffective and hasnt been in power in how long?

Keep up the GREAT work Governor Palin. Leadership isnt easy, it doesnt make friends, but you arent there to make friends you are there to run my country, and the McCain/Palin team has my vote.

September 4, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  25. LT for Obama

I am still trying to figure out how you can be an environmentalist while demanding drilling in our oceans and ANWR? She and McCain CANNOT guarantee there will be zero accidents or a negative impact to the earth.

Drilling does not go hand in hand with a clean environment.

September 4, 2008 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |