September 4th, 2008

Convention to air Palin biography video

CNN

The RNC will air a video Thursday night highlighting Palin's biography.

(CNN) – A video highlighting Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's biography and record as Alaska's governor is set to air at the party's convention Thursday night, senior McCain aides tell CNN.

The three-minute video was originally slated to air Wednesday night before Palin's speech at the convention but was postponed due to time constraints. McCain aides said the video makes a "compelling" case for why John McCain chose Palin as his running mate.

"Mother, moose hunter, maverick," the video's narrator states. “Mayor, governor, maverick. The original maverick made an astute choice when he asked Governor Palin to join him in his effort to remake Washington.

"Alaska, a far corner of America that accounts for 20 percent of our domestic oil, has produced a remarkable woman who's never been afraid to put her city, state, or country first - regardless of consequences," the narrator continues.

1. Anonymous

Did anyone else notice that the other speakers at the convention (Rudy, Huckabee, etc.) started using "my friends" in their speeches? They never did this before. It's a transparent attempt to cover the old-fashioned style that McCain prefers. Talk about stage production.

What a bunch of tools.

September 4, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  2. Josie

I loved every minute of her. She is just what the Republican Party and the nation needs to get us back on top. Before Palin I was unsure of McCain but with her at his side They have my vote

September 4, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  3. hey-liberals...

well, well,well..... seems like all you dim-oc-rats are a little sensitive after the total beat-down Mrs Palin administered to your boys last night. I'm sure you're in denial right now, but it will sink in eventually!!!!

Well done, Mrs Palin.

September 4, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  4. I Think

Are the holding the whole Palin family captive in their rooms? Let them out – and let's find out who these people really are!!! It is time to have the Palins speak. How about the Sunday shows – how about RIGHT now?!? Who really is this candidate who could easily be our next president? If she really is ready and capable, the American people would like to hear from her.

September 4, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  5. Danny, OH

Just 3 minutes? And they call this a record.
    After readind Scripts, I just can't wait for the debate to start. Has the nerves calling Obama inexperience. GOODNESS GRACIOUS

September 4, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  6. Iowa Girl

I'm with you, Alex, only the Republicans could mix a mother and a moose hunter and call that progress of some sort. Is it me, or is the entire Republican Convention been, so far, about militarism, guns and stereotypical rhetoric? Way off the map.

Veteran for Obama!

September 4, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  7. repulsive

I am a democrat and even I am surprised as to McCain's choice for VP. I really don't think most average republicans who are supproting this woman have read her biography very closely. If they had, they should know that she simply isn't qualified to lead this country and a major world super power. Also, I am a woman and I find her ideas utterly repulsive, insulting to one's intelligence, snide, smug and insincere. Sadly, it seems that most people vote based on appearances or how badly they insult someone. Never mind the fact that we've had eight nightmarish years of Bush &Co., never mind that our economy is sagging, never mind that people are losing their jobs and we have millions of people uninsured for health care and never mind the fact that we're in an unpopular war that was poorly planned and poorly executed. Did she mention any of those issues last night? Of course not, because she's part of the problem and I wouldn't go looking for any solutions from her. Furthermore, I can't understand how people think McCain and Palin are actually going to do something for this country when they are clearly in it for the elite and big business. Do we really need to have them at the helm?

I just hope this country isn't as hopeless as I often feel that it is otherwise we're in a lot more trouble and if you think it's bad now, give it four more years with these folks.

September 4, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  8. GET REAL PEOPLE

You couldn't get a job at McDonalds and
    become district manager after
    143 days of experience.

You couldn't become chief of surgery after
    143 days of experience of
    being a surgeon.
    You couldn't get a job as a teacher and be
    the superintendent after 143
    days of experience.
    You couldn't join the military and become
    a colonel after a 143 days of
    experience.
    You couldn't get a job as a reporter and
    become the nightly news anchor
    after 143 days of experience. BUT....

'From the time Barack Obama was sworn in
    as a United State Senator, to
    the time he announced he was forming a
    Presidential exploratory
    committee, he logged 143 days of experience in
    the Senate.
    That's how many days the Senate was
    actually in session and working.
    After 143 days of work experience, Obama
    believed he was ready to be
    Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World,
    and fill the shoes of
    Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.
    143 days?We all have to
    start somewhere. The senate is a good start,
    but after 143 days, that's
    all it is – a start.

AND, strangely, a large sector of the American
    public seems to feel
    comfortable with this and is campaigning for > him.

We wouldn't accept this in our own line of
    work, yet some are OK with
    this for the President of the United States of
    America?

Come on folks, we are not voting for the next
    American Idol.

SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT THIS PEOPLE IF YOU VOTE FOR OBAMA THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING.
    VOTE JOHN AND SARAH TO WE DON'T GET ATTACKED AND BOMBED COME ON PEOPLE SEE THE LIGHT IT IS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF YOU.

September 4, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  9. Bruce

Denver Independant ..i ahev been saying the same thing all along. I am in PA and all i hear from McCain is negative and why I should not vote for Obama, but nothing as to why I should vote for McCain...and now with this Pailn person as his VP...come on...
    Time for hope, if the country can get hope back in our lives and rid of the negative thoughts and threats, that we have had for the last 8 years, perhaps the country can get turned around. If McCain/Palin get in office...we are in for 4 years or more of the same negative attacks, and do nothg that we have had for last 8.

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  10. Terry from GA

She did a lot of trash talking last night, so why is she so afraid to do any interviews this sunday? Everyone else is going to be on a show giving interviews but her. What's up with that?

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  11. Michael J, Toronto

Fox News aired the full bio clip this morning.

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  12. New Yorker

Morgan – So you are one of those people who value animal life over human life? Do you wear leather? Are you a tree-hugge, too? Do you use paper?

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  13. Chuck, Tennessee

Palin is supposed to detail her plans on key issues in her first speech introducing herself to the American people? We've been waiting for two years for Barack Obama to say something more substantive than "hope and change." The better three-word phrase for him is "tax and spend"

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  14. Razzle

Moose Hunter? I thought she was Republican? So she isnt from the Reagan legacy but teddy Roosevelt's legacy. didnt he run on the moose hunter party?

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  15. Ito

Obama's "community organizer" record confuses a lot of people who don't really know what that means – it's too academic.

Wasn't Obama a TEACHER in a university for about 7 years? Yes, a TEACHER – not a professor because that will make him too "intellectual."

He taught people and that's a profession that cannot be disputed.

McCain was a soldier. That was how he served his nation and became a hero.

Obama was a teacher. That was how he served his country and became a hero.

In whichever capacity one serves well, that's one's way to serve one's country and if you do it well, you're a hero. It doesn't have to be in the military or we all will just be "nothings" except those in the military.

So Obama quit "community organizer" and be a TEACHER. There are millions of teachers in America that will rally behind one of their own.

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  16. Anonymous

I don't feel confitable with an emotional female being appointed to VP of the US. God forbid; what if something happens to McCain-and she becomes the P. Is she really ready to make the decisions for our nation?????

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  17. MJ

Just a thought......why not a Clinton and Palin ticket in 2012?

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  18. justin from ct

mccain is a maverick. He picked the worst vp in history so the dems can win.

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  19. crownsy

mr. lee- to bad she didn't even get the speech until 6 hours before hand huh?

i would say best speech by whoever wrote it for her. you better hope there writing johhny boys too.

September 4, 2008 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  20. Sick of it all

When are we going to hear about issues?! I'm sick of all the grandstanding and b.s. videos and speeches from all four candidates.

What we want and deserve are specifics on how they're going to help get us off foreign oil, get our economy out of the toilet, pay off the monumental debt we now have, etc. etc. etc.

It's time we all DEMAND an end to trivial, meaningless talk from these candidates and the media. Time to focus on the things that impact us.

While we sit around and argue over this petty little stuff, the rest of the world is eating our lunch.

September 4, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  21. Ali

The GOP should be called LCD as in least common denominator. What we saw last night was an appeal the rat in all of us. I have never felt so uncomfortable watching a speech given on tv by someone who is a would be world leader. The tone, the facial expressions, the negativity we all way out of line. What I haven't heard anyone accuse Ms. Palin of being last night was presidential. Now we know what the rest of world sees when they peer across the ocean. The fact that an audience of supposed Christians were applauding one person's ruthless attack on another for the sake of demonstrating political prowess was truly disheartening.

September 4, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  22. Chris from NY

War!!!! war!!!! war!!!!! guns!!!!! guns!!!! guns!!!!!! They must be internally preoccupied.

September 4, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  23. Ian Wilson

I just want to start out saying that Bush is the worst president ever.
    That said I feel McCain will be a close second to that title.

Well she's a much better speaker than our current VP – don't really recall hearing him speak.

Great she's a hockey mom – what about health care, gun control, world peace?? She put too much energy into Obama bashing and we can get that from the Jerry Springer show...thanks but no thanks.

OBAMA STILL GETS MY VOTE!!!

September 4, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  24. karen

Much ado about nothing. She had a speechwriter, and I wish I could remember the name right now, but I've heard it twice in the last 2 days. So she gets an A in Speech 101. I'll wait until her handlers stop protecting her from the media before I form an opinion.

September 4, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  25. Lesser of Two Evils

The sad thing about this country right now is that these two presidential candidates are the best two people in the United States we could come up with to represent us for the next 4 years. Neither candidate gets my overwhelming support, but I must choose one or the other. It is the choice of VP running mate that sways my vote this year. Of all 4, I would choose Palin. Why?

It's simple... she most closely represents what I believe in. I'm not going to waste my time or anyone else's trying to convince others that my views are more "right" than others, but the simple fact is that based on my views, she fits them better than anyone else on the ticket. Who cares if she has "enough experience"? Let's look at the last few VPs we've had to deal with: Cheney, Al Gore (don't make me laugh), Dan Quayle?

Yes, I'd pick Palin... and as such, McCain gets my vote.

September 4, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |