September 4th, 2008

Jesse Jackson hospitalized after complaining of stomach pains

Jesse Jackson.
Jesse Jackson.

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) - The Rev. Jesse Jackson has been hospitalized after complaining of stomach pains, a spokeswoman for Northwestern Memorial Hospital said Thursday.

Hospital representative Latoya Porter said Jackson admitted himself around 3 p.m. CT on Wednesday.

She did not have an update on his condition but said he was having tests Thursday morning.

Jackson, 66, a long-time civil rights activist, had been in Atlanta, Georgia, working on behalf of the presidential campaign of Sen. Barack Obama.

1. Ritche

If I were a Democrat I would be sick also, after seeing the powerful genuine next VP last nite..

September 4, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  2. Joe, Boston

Oh please who cares? What's this to take away from the McCain coverage tonight?

September 4, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  3. thomas

That happens when you're fed too much republican b.s.
    Get well Jesse.

September 4, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  4. In California

Hope he feels better.

But, may be he is alergic to..... Nuts

September 4, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  5. energy

Jesse, PLEASE GET WELL SOON AND NOW!!

You are the original trail blazer. I am still sad that Barack Omaba refused to allow you to speak at the convention. He is not one of us any way. Selfish Uncle Sam. One day we shall see a real black running and winning the presidency.

VOTE HAROLD FORD 20012

September 4, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  6. Ummm Why?

Hey CNN,

Can you please tell me why this story is filed under Barack Obama, Jesse Jackson. Jesse Jackson going to the hospital has very little to do with Barack Obama.

I wish just one of the big media outlets would say... "you know what, the American people deserve to have a media outlet that is not biases. It's a shame, America and the American people are being destroyed by the media who is more concerned about ratings than the viewers who provide those ratings

GOD HELP US ALL!!!!

September 4, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  7. Palin Rocks

Get Well Soon!

September 4, 2008 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  8. common sense

I never agreed with a thing the man said...but I wish him a speedy recovery just the same

McCain/Palin 2008

September 4, 2008 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  9. Grace, NY

Sarah Palin scared him to death-–he couldn't handle seeing a real woman skewer Obama to the core-

McCain/Palin 08'

Sarah Palin 12 & 16'

September 4, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  10. MINORITY WOMEN

HOPE U GET WELL SOON

September 4, 2008 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  11. Ex-Republicans for Obama

Our prayers go out to Rev Jackson and his family.

September 4, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  12. Thomas San Antonio

This is the same Jackson that wanted to remove Obama's manhood? If I were Obama, I'd have him as far away from my campaign (and my nether region) as possible. Not wishing him ill will but as a dem, I have lost all respect for him. I think his true side was shown in that interview clip and he is only out for himself and not the African-American community. Hope he gets well but it's going to take more than what he has shown for me to wish him success after his comments. Obama doesn't need him.

September 4, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  13. ryan

maybe his stomach hurts because he ate someones balls after he cut them off

September 4, 2008 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  14. Joe Average

Go to a non for profit hospital and you won't have to pay your bill. Because they can not turn away the homeless.

September 4, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  15. Mark Cross Junction VA

If you want to make the ticker and steal thunder from the convention is to do it right and go meet your maker.!!!!!

September 4, 2008 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  16. Dave in Houston

That was before Sarah Palin spoke! That was what made me sick.

September 4, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  17. Rumsfeld

oh ryan....good one

September 4, 2008 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  18. D.Thomas

WHO CARES?

September 4, 2008 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  19. Nobama the Con Artist

Jesse is not feeling so hot....He and Rev. Sharpton are officially irrelevant and out of a job if Nobama wins.

September 4, 2008 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  20. Ex-mod-GOP for Obama

All best wishes for a quick recovery.

September 4, 2008 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  21. PeggyHill

ProudDemocrat, Black people NEEDS you healthy? Since when is Jesse Jackosn & Al Sharpton king & queen of the entire black race? They do not represent the morals, values, beliefs and ideals of all people of color. Proud Democrat you about sum it up, what happened? Democrats cut your schools funding?

September 4, 2008 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  22. tammy

I'm sending Well wishes to you Jesse. I hope you feel better soon.

September 4, 2008 03:51 pm at 3:51 pm |
  23. Victory

Run Jessie run...get well soon.

September 4, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  24. Brad from Syracuse

Hurry up and get better, we need another laugh.

September 4, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  25. Election Watcher

I wish noone ill will, but there's nothing blogworthy about this except to:
    1) Wish him well
    2) insult him
    3) somehow tie this in a snide comment about Obama
    4) somehow tie this in a snide comment about Clinton
    5) somehow tie this in a snide comment about McCain
    6) somehow tie this in a snide comment about Palin
    This is newsworhty, but not for the ticker.

September 4, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |