September 4th, 2008

Palin speech pulls in $8 million - for Obama

The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech.
The Obama campaign is pulling in cash following Palin's speech.

(CNN) – Barack Obama's campaign says it has raised more than $8 million from over 130,000 donors following Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin's speech Wednesday night.

The campaign also says it is on track to raise $10 million before John McCain takes the podium at the Republican National Convention tonight.

1. marie

This was a joke last night. Everyone spoke negative. There was nothing about the economy, nothing.

September 4, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  2. Obamacan

AWESOME!!!! The republicans lost my vote.

Obama/Biden!!!

September 4, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  3. Jammypete

I am proud to say I AM ONE!!!

September 4, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  4. Foreign Observer

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

September 4, 2008 06:03 pm at 6:03 pm |
  5. Daniel

HAHAHAH this makes me laugh! and feel so much better!

September 4, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  6. ralph

Who knew that the McCain campaign is helping obama rally his base.

September 4, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  7. ~DEM~

America dont be stupid Palin can trick us ..becareful!!!

Obama/ Biden 08

CNN POST THIS!!!

September 4, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  8. Mike Dallas

At least something fruitful wasa result of the filthy bunch of bigots and racists. Maybe you should drop the "coded" red sheets and just go back to the original white ones.

September 4, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  9. Independent Veteran

I think its funny that republicans are casting now casting their candidate...oops vice-candidate into the messiah role. Please chew on this:
    —Palin has raised taxes many times and took her beautiful little Alaskan town from a balanced budget to 22 million in debt. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0808/12987.html
    —She didn’t build the bridge to nowhere but she sure took its money, and asked for more. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2008154532_webpalin02m.html
    —She actually implemented a windfall profit tax exactly as senator Obama suggested a couple months ago… and look how the reds chastised him for it. http://thinkprogress.org/wonkroom/2008/08/30/palin-raised-taxes-on-oil-company-profits-to-give-citizens-an-equitable-share-will-mccain/
    –Yes her family is off limits, and it appears she wants to put all family off limits by cutting funds for, ironically, teen moms http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Palin_cut_1.1_million_from_funding_0902.html

September 4, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  10. Cindy-St. Louis

I am another proud Obama donor! After last night's divisive, hateful speech I am doing all that I can to ensure that these right-wing nut cases are not given the stewardship of our beautiful country.

YES WE CAN!!

OBAMA/BIDEN 08 AND 12

September 4, 2008 06:04 pm at 6:04 pm |
  11. jack

I stand by these comments being born and bred in the USA. Go Dodgers!

September 4, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  12. Susan from Scotts Valley, CA

PUMAs are so yesterday. There are fewer real PUMAs than residents of Wasilla. You deserve each other.

Real Hillary supporters are supporting Obama. They know who shares their values.

September 4, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  13. Johanna

You yank the chain and you may get the dog. I just sent my money in to the Obama campaign....again.

Dems '08

September 4, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |
  14. the real Abby

I love it.

As community organize that, female pit-bull!

September 4, 2008 06:05 pm at 6:05 pm |