September 4th, 2008

Republicans officially nominate McCain for president

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) – The Republican Party officially nominated Sen. John McCain for president at their national convention Wednesday. McCain's home state of Arizona cast the ballots that put McCain over the top.

McCain will give a speech accepting the nomination on Thursday night.

1. hahaha

nominate a crook

September 4, 2008 02:57 am at 2:57 am |
  2. Michael O'Brien

After listening to Governor Sarah Palin's speech.., the real question is: Do I or (we) want four more years of the same ? I don't.

September 4, 2008 02:58 am at 2:58 am |
  3. The Great American, Columbus ohio

When the Left dogs on Sarah Palin, it gives me great comfort. Because that just shows me that McCain made a GREAT pick. She has energized the base and that matters alot more than a few Hillary crossovers. The left SHOULD be scared. An energized conservative base was what lost the election for the Democrats in 2000 and 2004. You guys got nothin on Palin.

McCain/Palin
    A Hero and A Hottie

thegreatamericablog.blogspot.com

September 4, 2008 03:01 am at 3:01 am |
  4. Dreaming

Who cares !

John Mcain please let Sara take that baby home to bed ..........

September 4, 2008 03:01 am at 3:01 am |
  5. Lexa

Good! As a Democrat it'll be my first vote as a Republican. I can't say I'll always vote Republican, since I'm a Democrat at heart. But I'd rather vote for someone who does have experience over someone who gives nice speeches.

McCain/Palin 08!!

September 4, 2008 03:03 am at 3:03 am |
  6. Alex

Yes, they did nominate him. He then picked a puppet, Sarah while Obama picked somebody who can challenge him.

September 4, 2008 03:04 am at 3:04 am |
  7. Cathy

Votin'4 a Chick this year, the corruption is not in Chicago. It is in Bush, Cheney, McCain, and Palin. These corrupt Republicans need to go once in for all. Eight is Enough!

OBAMA/BIDEN 2008

September 4, 2008 03:05 am at 3:05 am |
  8. mike

that's a good parent to have a prego 17 year old daughter, nice job mom:)

September 4, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  9. Misty

Night Night

September 4, 2008 03:07 am at 3:07 am |
  10. mike

all you brainiacs who are happy with the economy vote for Mclame, I hope your taxes skyrocket when Obama is elected , hahahahah

September 4, 2008 03:08 am at 3:08 am |
  11. IL voter

I actually saw men in full VFW gear yawning on the convention floor. These men have been in the trenches, they are behind Senator McCain, but they are obviously bored with the same old rhetoric,. My father served as a helicopter door-gunner in Vietnam. He witnessed the deaths of many of his friends and platoon members during that struggle, and he is a staunch Obama supporter ( after being a Hillary Clinton supporter). I am tired of the GOP's attempts to make themselves the champions of the military. The GOP has done little or nothing to help the soldiers that have fought for our freedoms. If a soldier is injured in Iraq or Afghanistan, he must, under the current GOP law PAY BACK his re-enlistment bonus, because he was unable to complete his service term. What a load of BS. How can McCain defend this?

September 4, 2008 03:18 am at 3:18 am |
  12. SMG

What a crazy nut she is.

September 4, 2008 03:26 am at 3:26 am |
  13. SMG

Obama is th only sensible candidate in my opinion, he makes me feel like I'm not living a nightmare.

September 4, 2008 03:28 am at 3:28 am |
  14. Tired

I think he has lost some people with the "community organizer" jokes. They are not going to stand for that.

September 4, 2008 03:33 am at 3:33 am |
  15. Andrew

Hooray?

September 4, 2008 03:39 am at 3:39 am |
  16. Lee from FL

I have come to the conclusion that Palin and Juliani are republican EXTREMIST!
    Dangerous for America!

September 4, 2008 03:49 am at 3:49 am |
  17. peakarach,des moines,IA

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA EXPERIENCE IS A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER AND 20 YRS WITH A RACIST CHURCH.

NO WAY! NO HOW! NOBAMA!

September 4, 2008 03:52 am at 3:52 am |
  18. Therrian

She is very unprofessional. I will not vote for McCain, because their speeches.

September 4, 2008 04:01 am at 4:01 am |
  19. Musicpromo

Man talk about a lame... I guess John McCain could have taken a chance and really make a bold bi-partisan choice by asking his friend Joe Lieberman to join the ticket, or pick the woman who's been out there on the campaign trail stumping for him all this time, Carly Fiorina.

But NO.... but that would be to easy. After making "experience" such an issue–he folded under pressure from evangelicals to pick Sarah Palin, which smack of Bush era cronyism over the GOP ideal of meritocracy. I guess McCain's not such a "maverick" after all. Because this woman is a wack job. Gonna love the the GOP it's the same as it was a bunch of old white guys trying to take back what was never really their's in the first place. This counrty it's ours. All of ours!

I will not vote for them now!

September 4, 2008 04:07 am at 4:07 am |
  20. CFL

Nothing from MCCain on paying for my kids education,
    Nothing from McCain on paying for my HealthCare,
    Nothing from McCain on Taxing the Rich and giving to the poor
    Nothing from McCain on getting me a job.................................

Vote Obama

September 4, 2008 04:09 am at 4:09 am |
  21. kelly

This is so scary!! A 72 year old POW who lacks judgement as a president and the most unqulified woman as a VP?! Is this the kind of administration the most powerful country in the world needs?! in such a dengerous world where countries like Iran are one step away from obtaining nuclear weapon and many are threatning us, our allies, and our friends?!

September 4, 2008 04:31 am at 4:31 am |
  22. Mr Bubbles Worcester Ma

Yeah thats sad... and so is the V.P. pick!

September 4, 2008 05:05 am at 5:05 am |
  23. Richard from Moorpark ca

Goodie for them.

September 4, 2008 05:06 am at 5:06 am |
  24. willie

i would like to know were was senitor john McCain born ( brith place), and if not in the united state, then where? If not born in the united State then how can senitor Mc Cain, be sworn in if he was elected.

September 4, 2008 05:21 am at 5:21 am |
  25. nikki

as a woman I am isulted by the gop and campbell brown

cnn why is my comments still in moderation from over 10 hours ago...are you guys bias?

September 4, 2008 08:02 am at 8:02 am |