September 4th, 2008

Ridge, Graham and Mrs. McCain to speak Thursday night

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) - Former Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Ridge, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Cindy McCain will all have significant roles in the lead up to Sen. John McCain’s speech Thursday evening when he will formally accept the Republican presidential nomination.

Graham is one of McCain’s closest friends in the Senate, while Ridge was said to be on the Arizona senator’s short list of vice presidential prospects.

1. Mary Smith

I wish a hurricane would shut this convention down and blow these people into space. They are the most evil, lying, distorting, sarcastic, hypocritical, entitled scums who should never get tv air time. You watch, payback is a *itch.

Guliani is so vile, his own children can't stand him, so much for family values!

Sarah Palin's daughter is having sex and getting pregnant at 17, Family values! How can she morally lead America with so much failure in her family life? I don't care what anyone says, a pregnant 17 year old is a failure of family values. Republicans need to wake up and own their failures NOW!

September 4, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  2. Palin is another empty suit

I have a child with Down Syndrome and can tell you I am NOT impressed by Palin. Every year I fight with the school district for basic services because a GOP run governement does not deliever on federal funding PROMISED to all schools in the IDEA ACT.

Palin did nothing more than looked into the camera and LIED last night while trying to be a comedian. The worst of it? Putting her family and special needs child on display to pander to the world.

This woman is disgusting and is the full embodiment of the GOP! The chanting and laughter last night shows how truly the GOP is out of touch with the direction of our country. PLEASE, vote with your heads, vote for your children, vote for OBAMA!!!!

September 4, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  3. susan k

I was so displeased with the Sara speech that I just turn the TV off. For someone who doesn't have enough expereince herself, she has a lot nerve to put Obama down. Obama cares about people and the work that he did that may not have earn him a lot money DOES COUNT. I am ashmed of the Republican party.

September 4, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  4. Laura, IL

John is accustomed to being around weak women, and Palin is no different. His wife is a trophy, with money, and his running mate is a cheerleader with a knocked up daughter. Shows you what John thinks about women.

All he had to do was dress Lieberman in a skirt, and he would have had his first choice.

It won't work.

September 4, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  5. Breck

Sarah Palin would quite possibly be the worst VP ever. She believes in censorship if the book in question offends her religion, she believe the Iraq War is a mission from God, she believes drilling is the solution to our problems, she likes chasing animals from a helicopter until they collapse before killing them, she misuses her power for personal reasons, and she is just another extreme rightist.

Those saying Obama has done nothing are lying, he has worked with A REPUBLICAN to stop nuclear weapons from entering the hands of terrorists, he was on the Illinois State Senate for 7 years, he has voted for and sponsored several bills, Republicans are just trying to delude you. Furthermore, the greatest Republican President in history, Abraham Lincoln, was as inexperienced as Obama with no notable accomplishments other than opposing the Mexican War.

Don't vote for lies. Don't vote for hypocrisy. Don't vote for religious extremism. Don't vote for more wars. Don't vote Republican!

September 4, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  6. Raymayer

Will some one call up Senator Obama and ask him not to do the O'Reilly Factor interview. I suspect he is going to be set up for Fox News.

September 4, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  7. Michelle, PA

BY THE WAY WHERE THE H**L IS HILLARY. SHE SEE THIS WACK JOB GOING AFTER THE SUPPORTERS THAT SHE EARNED THROUGH CAMPAIGNING FOR OVER A YEAR. THAT SHE WENT INTO DEBT FOR WITH HER OWN MONEY. NOW SHE IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND.
    ****************************

Answer: She is wisely sitting back and letting the republicans self-destruct.

September 4, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  8. Xavier, Saint Louis, Missouri

More Stooges for the GOP huh?

September 4, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  9. Tina, MD

Boy, is this shaping up to be another Bush Administration. We've had girls gone wild in the white house with Jenna and Barbara Bush, now we'll have a knocked up teenager in the VP's house. Great.

September 4, 2008 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  10. OBAMA MANIA

I AM A 51 YEAR OLD WOMAN WITH 3 YOUNG CHILDREN. ONE WITH ADHD AND ONE KIDNEY. I OWN MY OWN BUSINESS AND I JUGGLE HOME AND BUSINESS 24/7. THAT DOES NOT GIVE ME THE QUALIFICATION TO RUN A COUNTRY. I AM SICK OF EVERY ONE SAYING GOV. PALIN IS A MOM AND A GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL. MY COMPANY HAS MORE EMPLOYEES THEN THE WHOLE STATE POPULATION OF ALASKA. THIS DOES NOT QUALIFY HER TO RUN A COUNTRY. THIS IS VERY SCARY THAT PEOPLE ARE BEING BRAINWASHED BY THIS WOMAN. HOW IS SHE GOING TO HELP OUR COUNTRY RE-GAIN ITS INDEPENDENCE? HOW WILL SHE CONTRIBUTE TO OUR NATIONAL SECURITY? WHAT IS HER PLAN FOR HEALTH CARE? I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT KIND OF MOTHER SHE IS, THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD MOTHERS IN THIS WORLD. WHAT WILL SHE DO FOR OUR COUNTRY? THIS IS WHY OBAMA GETS MY VOTE BECAUSE HE IS BREAKING DOWN WHAT HE WILL DO TO CHANGE OUR COUNTRY AND RESTORE OUR INDEPENDENCE. THE MCSAME/PALIN TICKET IS A JOKE TO ME. JOHN MCCAIN BEING A POW 40 YEARS AGO DOES NOT GIVE HIM THE QUALIFICATIONS TO RUN A COUNTRY EITHER. THERE IS NEVER ANY SUBSTANCE TO ANY OF THEIR SPEECHES. I AM TIRED OF HEARING AND LISTENING TO MCCAIN AND NOW THE PALIN PERSON. I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN OBAMA IS NAMED OUR PRESIDENT AND MCCAIN AND PALIN SLIDE BACK INTO THE WALL.

BARACK OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT FOR THE NEXT 8 YEARS!!!!

September 4, 2008 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  11. YellowDog

I'm posting here as most other comment sections were closed. Too many comments?

Anyway, I agree with JA Cook. I listened to Giuliani on my car radio while driving home and could barely believe the level of sarcasm and sheer nastiness! Just shows that the GPO has nothing really to say.

Palin certainly proved she is more than "Caribou Barbie." Of course, I don't agree with most of her statements, and many of them were patently untrue – even about her own record. For example, she pushed vigorously (via lobbyists) for earmarks both for Wasilla and the state of Alaska. She only stopped supporting the Ketchikan airport bridge AFTER it was nationally ridiculed as the "bridge to nowhere." So I guess she was for it before she was against it. Where have we hear THAT before? 4 years ago, maybe?

As a woman, I am disgusted by the constant deflection of legitimate scrutiny by the claims of "sexism." I guess then that every attack on Obama should be decried as "racism."

Obama/Biden '08

September 4, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  12. Kelby from Houston, TX

ANY OF US WHO TRULY SUPPORT OBAMA SHOULD BE SPECIFIC ABOUT THE DISTORTIONS MADE BY THE OPPOSTION.

Those guys want to be ambiguous with their claims. We cannot afford such a luxury.

The Democratic response or anything that we claim must be rooted in truth and reason. This is following this example of our candidate and the next president of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Barack Obama. (GOD, I love saying that)

I know the GOP has nothing but lies and fear tactics, but we must come with the truth and hope.

September 4, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  13. aden

I've got to hand it to the republicans.
    There excellent at playing to our core fears and emotions. hillary lost the nomination upsetting many women. they smartly siezed on this and found a small town mom that pepole empthise with. it does not matter what experince that she has, she will draw pepole beacuse she is on thier level. that this is so obvious and has not gotten mentioned often makes me feel that we deserve them if they are elected. becuse it looks to me like we are stupid sheep.

September 4, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |