September 4th, 2008

Schneider: A big test for McCain

CNN

Watch: Protestors interupt John McCain's speech Thursday night.

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) - As protestors in the audience continue to grab the crowd’s attention – and they unintentionally step on McCain’s speech with their chants - he recognizes that he really faces a serious problem. And he’s doing his best to short-circuit it.

The danger in incidents like this is that people will see him as a president that will divide the country. His initial response is the right on: the most important thing he can do is calm the situation, and the crowd – and keep calm himself.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Anonymous

Yeah?

September 4, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  2. Matt

McCain is asking Americans to FIX the problems his party has created the past eight years. This is not change. More of the same.

September 4, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  3. mike for obama

I'm noticing there is no people there beside old white people. this is terrible I see why they aren't showing the protestors that's more exciting

September 4, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  4. Carmen

Wow, his speech is horrible.

September 4, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  5. DemoNcrats are falling (like Rome)

McCain is doing great! He is telling details of what he wants to do as President of the United States! Go Get 'Em John!

September 4, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  6. Josh from DC

ummm...to quote a famous TV commercial

WHERE'S THE BEEF?? I hear empty promises with ZERO plans.

September 4, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  7. Abby

OBAMA FOR PEACE!!!

September 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  8. John B. From New Hampshire

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO DETAILS FOR HIS PLANS!!!!! TERRIBLE SPEAKER!!!! these people seem programmed to clap... talk about drinking koolaid!!!! i've never seen such blatant lies and misrepresentation in my life!!!!!! and what's this... now he's trying to be the change candidate? trying to sound like obama???????? NO WAY NO HOW NO MCCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

September 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  9. I Am A Community Organizer and Sarah Palina - McSame Puppet, H$ate Us Hard Working Proud Americans - At Least I'm Not Pregnant At 17!!!!

He got booed?!

Wow! I'm not even watching...sucks for him and for us millions of americans whose jobs have been lost due the republican party bad leadership and John McSame 90% endorsement of George Bush!

NOT THIS TIME!!!!!

September 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  10. JT from TN

They had protesters at both convention lets not forget that but, his speech so far, has really impressed me. I'm glad he is talking about the issues all this week before now they have only attacked O'bama. Thats the kind of leader we need but, right now it's up in the air who I'm voting for. I supported O'bama but this speech is talking my language I'm waiting on the debates now before deciding.

September 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  11. Gregg

GO FOR IT GUYS!!!! JUST LIKE IN 72!!! PROTEST THAT OLD KOOT!!!!!

September 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  12. D&D

I'm watching McCain's speech, and every single sentence he says, no matter what he says, relevant or irrelevant, the crows applauds...what kind of speech is it?

September 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  13. Zzzzzz

This is the dullest, least inspirational, most substanceless acceptance speech ever made by a presidential candidate. At least the disruptions gave the event some life.

September 4, 2008 10:46 pm at 10:46 pm |
  14. tomas justiniano

the most boring speech I've heard in a long time and i am an independent i mean come on this guy is telling me all this but what about if democrats win the senate and the house of representative plus both candidates forgot there is two millions of puertoricans in the USA and none of them have mention how are they going to tackle the island statue

September 4, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  15. deborah

McCain is just BORING!

This man has been in Washington for Years, He supports Bush policies and just not smart enough to be President.

Being a War Hero and a mainstay in Washington does not qualify him to be President.

No to MCSame/Pa in

September 4, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  16. Michelle

You sure got the scars to prove it....mental ones !!!!!!

September 4, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |