September 4th, 2008

Schneider: Cindy McCain keeps up the tough tone

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (CNN) - Cindy McCain is delivering an oddly partisan speech -– it goes from humanitarianism to partisanship in the blink of an eye. It’s an unusually partisan and ideological speech from a prospective first lady.

Watch: Cindy McCain describes her husband as a source of 'strength' and 'inspiration'

She is making a positive case for her husband too: the idea is to reclaim his image as a maverick from 2000.

They do have a lovely and impressive family –- an undeniable political asset.

Filed under: Cindy McCain
  1. The Republicans are a constant source of comedy.

Yeah, a 26 year Washington veteran who is an "out sider".. HA!

September 4, 2008 10:05 pm at 10:05 pm |
  2. truth-in-media

Neither Cindy nor John strike me as lovely, but I'll take your words on the kids and ex-wife and ex-kids.

September 4, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  3. Gary from Madison, WI

I'm still waiting to hear what THEY ARE GOING TO DO, as opposed to why they are better than Obama.

I'd like to hear just ONE REAL ISSUE discussed.

These guys are gonna be toast in the debates.

September 4, 2008 10:21 pm at 10:21 pm |
  4. Canadian Observer

All this appears to me like a well rehearsed comedy! How can Cindy face the American people look in their face and say she found a soul in John McCain, when she snatched John from his marriage. Tell methis a comedy when I wake up tommorow

September 4, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  5. plb

I GUESS SHE BETTER SPEAK UP FOR HER MAN, SINCE HE HAS FOUND A NEW PIT-BULL WITH LIPSTICK SHE RUNS THE RISK OF BEING ATTACKED HERSELF. SHE IS PART OF THE OLD DOG CROWD THEIR IS A NEW ALPHA-FEMALE ROAMING ON THE RANGE. CINDY IS RAPIDLY REMEMBERING HOW SHE STOLE MCSAME FROM HIS WIFE AND IS HOPEING TO KEEP HER POW (PITIFUL OLD WARMONGER)

September 4, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  6. irish

Democrates are not Democrats, they are left wing liberals. The democratic party does not exist anymore !!!!!!!!

pure and simple !!!!!!!!!!

McCain/Palin 08

September 4, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  7. Kerry

I kept noticing how many times she talked about his honor and integrity...has she forgotten that his first wife waited 5 years for him to return home from Vietnam only to have him leave her for Cindy?

September 4, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  8. Rob indetroit

Okay i guess now cindy MCain is now fair game!

September 4, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |