September 4th, 2008

Sen. Clinton Statement

Statement of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton
Thursday, Sep 4, 2008

The two party conventions showcased vastly different directions for our country. Senator Obama and Senator Biden offered the new ideas and positive change America needs and deserves after eight years of failed Republican leadership. Senator McCain and Governor Palin do not.

After listening to all the speeches this week, I heard nothing that suggests the Republicans are ready to fix the economy for middle class families, provide quality affordable health care for all Americans, guarantee equal pay for equal work for women, restore our nation's leadership in a complex world or tackle the myriad of challenges our country faces. So, to slightly amend my comments from Denver: NO WAY, NO HOW, NO McCAIN-PALIN.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Obama

Amen Clinton. Amen!!!

September 4, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  2. Blinded by the lie

Thank You Hillary...will we see more of you to attack back?

September 4, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  3. Thank you, Senator Clinton!

Amen, Sister Girl!

September 4, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  4. David

If Hillary Clinton actually listened to all the speeches this week, she has a stronger stomach than I have, either that or a less developed sense of indignation.

September 4, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  5. FactCheck

Yeah!

September 4, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  6. Obama Hockey Mom

I love Hillary. God bless her!

September 4, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  7. Love for Obama

Thank you Hillary!!!

September 4, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  8. Kenneth "Voter" Rios

This one statement has more mirth and is more respectable than anything Governor Palin has said so far in her role as the GOP pitbull.

September 4, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  9. Fl Indep

Women are smart. They dont vote for other women because they are women. They vote for people because they believe in the policies the candidate support. Any Hillary voter willing to vote McCain or stay at home, is sacrificing their own beliefs and needs. Hillary would be insulted.

10. SDunn

GO HILLARY!! The fight is on!

11. Obama/Biden 08

Good for Hillary Clinton! I'm glad to see that she has put the good of the party ahead of her own ambitions. This is the mark of a good politician.

Bravo, Hillary, bravo.

12. kriss g

Hillary, while I was an Obama backer from the beginning, I respect your forum and your policies. I find it interesting that the republicans actually think that Mrs Palin will convert your supporters. Very short-sighted!

13. Tennessee

Sad that Hilary Clinton (who alway have alot to say) keep it simple because McCain speech was simple. One good thing is Obama have nothing to attack because McCain is stated any platform.

14. beacon

Way to go Hillary. We love you. Thanks for setting the record straight.

15. Hillary you are still the one

You will make a great president some day. Not this time but some day. God bless you.

16. Jason

Hillary is awesome!

17. Jan Patrick

Thank you Hillary Clinton!!!
    I agree 1000%
    All talk, no substance.

18. LT for Obama

Thank you Senator Clinton. You have re-earned my respect. I do hope you continue to fight with us for the white house.

19. Dready1rasta

I agree completely Senator Clinton.

20. marie

You go girl

21. RapidRay

Right on cue...

There you go, PUMAs....now what?

22. Cheryl Swaim

Power to the people!!. Run Cynthia run!!
    McKinney '08!!!!!!

23. ER P

Conclusions from an independent observer after closely following both Conventions:
    – The Democratic Convention reminds me of an uplifting harmony conducted by a virtuoso maestro surrounded by qualified musicians playing in tune, who together inspired the best qualities of the American and human spirit and helped us dream of a better world for all.
    – The Republican Convention created the uncomfortable feeling that I was witnessing the darker side of human nature and helped me better understand why Americans are so morose and distrustful of the rest of the world, and why most Americans and their natural friends have lost faith in government. The general mood, chants and slogans sadly reminded me of scenes I have only seen in movies and documentaries where people blindly shouted “deutschland uber alles”. How sad.
    – I have lost all my previous admiration and much respect for John McCain. In spite of his gentler, somnolent tone in his acceptance speech tonight, it was full of the usual, tired empty slogans, rhetoric and wishful thinking but completely devoid of content. How could he have sold his soul to the devil so easily and permitted “his” Convention to be highjacked by the same angry, mean-spirited, mistrusting people who have created the mess we are in today? Where were his vaunted decency and common sense? It has also led me to question the value of his experience and “achievements”. Apart from withstanding bravely the suffering of a young prisoner of war, his long experience in the military and in politics amounts to mediocrity, in spite of his long years of “service” and his cheeky chutzpah. Where would he really be today if he were not born with a silver spoon in his mouth or if he had not remarried into serious money? He would probably be happily driving a truck to earn a living, instead of speaking like a “maverick” while acting and living like a comfortable member of the elite establishment.
    – Barack Obama? He displayed leadership, intelligence, humanity, judgement, courage, generosity, strength of character and maturity that I have rarely seen in one politician in all my lifetime. Even if they had 100 years of experience, John McCain and his self-described “pitbull with lipstick” could only dream of developing these rare qualities in a single individual. If Barack Obama is not ready to become a good president, there is no other active politician alive today who is ready.

God bless America and God bless this world.

24. Ty, OKC

That's my girl! way to look out for the country Hill! I'm sure Obama has a spot for you, he's a smart man.

Obama/Biden 08/12

25. K Starr

Thank you Senator Clinton!

1 2 3 4