September 4th, 2008

Sen. Clinton Statement

Statement of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton
Thursday, Sep 4, 2008

The two party conventions showcased vastly different directions for our country. Senator Obama and Senator Biden offered the new ideas and positive change America needs and deserves after eight years of failed Republican leadership. Senator McCain and Governor Palin do not.

After listening to all the speeches this week, I heard nothing that suggests the Republicans are ready to fix the economy for middle class families, provide quality affordable health care for all Americans, guarantee equal pay for equal work for women, restore our nation's leadership in a complex world or tackle the myriad of challenges our country faces. So, to slightly amend my comments from Denver: NO WAY, NO HOW, NO McCAIN-PALIN.

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. McKen's Barbie Collection

You complain about your boss not doing his job. You notice he's only working to fatten his pockets with big oil payoffs. He fights all the time with the smaller companies instead of the bigger company that has hurt him the most . Your have not received a raise and you may lose your job because the boss is now outsourcing the jobs. You are about to lose your home. The boss has so many houses he can't count them. The company you work for has not turned a profit in years and has low approval ratings. The boss distributes a company wide memo that reads " I really don't know much about the economy." The boss threatens to release the pitbull on if you keep WHINING. You have put up with his bullying ways for eight long years. Finally your work contract is ending with your boss. As you think about your family's future you ask yourself "Should I continue working for this creep or should I CHANGE employers? ".

It's that simple America. It's time for a change and YOU know it.

ANCIENT PROVERB: Don't let your pitbulls run loose with the moose on the White House lawn.

September 4, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  2. gerri

Tell them Hillary, Ive had enough of their lies.

September 4, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  3. Jeremy Tampa

I hope PUMA is listening. She'll make a great president in 2016.

September 4, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  4. Rodger

Yes Hillary!!! Get out there in Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan, your country needs you!!!

September 4, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  5. wannabeobamagirl

it's about time...thank you Hillary!!!

September 4, 2008 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  6. rachel

Go Hill. I was luke warm on Obamba but the republicans must be stopped. Glad you will be in Florida for Obama monday

7. Abby

NO WAY, NO HOW, NO McCAIN-PALIN.

8. Paolo

To be a little bit fair to McCain, he did say something about retraining those who lost their old jobs that won't come back for new jobs he says won't go away.

9. hick

WAY TO GO,HILLARYYYYY!!!! OBAMA SUPPORTERS LOVE YOU, TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    [repubs may have gotten my vote ,but, they attacked obama's patriotism. that i will not tolerate!]

10. politsense

Mccain's speech is so boring and offers no concrete strategies to move our country forward. All I hear is" fight with me" forgeting that a Hungry Stomach cannot really fight very well. I guess with 9 houses and $300,000 for Cindy's cloths/Jewels, they can afford to keep fighting. After 8 years of Buah/Mccain, we can't afford this fight that he talks about.

11. Rick

This guy should go babysit. This is no change. I am surprised he's even made it this far. When are we going to get the specifics about the future of our children sir? You do not belong to us. You and your sarah palin (who thinks God has sent the troops to IRAQ) should leave this country for the real guy who really understand us.

12. Daniel va

Well say senator. God bless you

13. Andrew

Thank you Hillary, well stated!

14. Muckinello

Well said Hillary! I will support you in your future battles! I am sure you will have an important role in the next Obama administration!

15. Loretta from California

Thank you Senator Clinton! I've been waiting to hear more from our Democratic leaders in Washington.

16. Michigan voter

You rock Hillary, I can't wait to see what part you will play in the Obama/Biden administration.

You are the real experienced woman politician. Palin can't even stand in the same room as you.

We love you Hillary!

17. American

I agree !!

18. Spencer in Cali

Thanks Hillary!! We still love you!!

Obama Biden 08!!

19. AmyO

Thank you Hillary! So glad you are on our side!!!!!!

20. Cynthia

You tell them Hilliary. Thanks!

21. Teddy

YEEEESSSSS Hillary... WE LOVE YOU.....

================================================

OBAMA - PRESIDENT
    BIDAN - VICE PRESIDENT
    CLINTON - SECRETARY OF STATE

THE ALL STAR LINE UP FOR AMERICA.....

================================================

22. Rick Short

Way to go Hillary! Thank you so much for continuing to support our democratic ideals.

23. Diane

What LAME speech!

September 4, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  24. I Am A Community Organizer and Sarah Palina - McSame Puppet, H$ate Us Hard Working Proud Americans - At Least I'm Not Pregnant At 17!!!!

NO WAY, NO HOW, NO McCAIN-PALIN.

25. Jatovi, NC

I agree. They have said nothing but "well Obama said..." the whole time. No substance at the RNC. I guess this is why they had so many protesters.

1 2 3 4