September 8th, 2008

Happening Now: Obama stumps in Michigan

Watch Obama's campaign event on CNN.com/live.
Watch Obama's campaign event on CNN.com/live.

(CNN) - Barack Obama makes his second campaign stop of the day in Farmington Hills, Michigan.

At a campaign stop earlier in the day in Flint, Michigan, Obama said rivals John McCain and Sarah Palin were "making stuff up."

Watch Obama's event on CNN.com/live.

UPDATE: This event has ended, but stay with CNN.com/live for all the day's events on the campaign trail.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Barbara

Since the repubs have no solutions, they put out a distraction "in lipstick".

Worked, didn't it? That's all we see and hear. Makes me want to puke.

This nation has problems, and they send us distractions.

Please post this CNN

September 8, 2008 06:38 pm at 6:38 pm |
  2. California Gold

Barack Obama is telling the truth and McCain/Palin can't hide from the truth. McCain and Palin should both be ashamed to show their faces.

September 8, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  3. Phil Newton from Murphy, Oregon

We NEED you, Obama!

REAL answers.

REAL change.

The REAL maverick.

OBAMA 08!

September 8, 2008 06:40 pm at 6:40 pm |
  4. peakarach,des moines,IA

OBAMA IS SOOO DESPERATE RIGHTNOW. USA POLL HAVE MCCAIN 54 TO OBAMA 44. SO LONG OBAMA AND OSAMA.

NO WAY! NO HOW! NO PARIS/OBAMA NEVER!

September 8, 2008 06:41 pm at 6:41 pm |
  5. brian k

Sarah Palin likes to make a big show out of the fact that she is a hockey mom. Well, my mom is also a hockey mom; me and my two brothers both played hockey. And I will say this for certain: there’s no way in heck that my mom would force a woman to have a child that was the result of rape or incest. No way, no how. Not even the slightest of chances. And if you talk to hockey players, I’m sure most would say the same. We’re a rugged bunch, but, we’re also gentlemen who respect women. I ask any woman who is considering voting for Palin/McCain if she would have, and keep, the baby is she were a victim of rape or incest. Enough is enough (as my mom likes to say). It’s time for Americans to take back their country from the so-called Moral Majority, the infamous Conservative Base. It’s time for Palin to answer her own questions, instead of hiding behind John McCain’s pant leg, and the pants and skirts of the numerous, relentless Republican spin doctors.

September 8, 2008 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  6. Mason Taylor

I've heard all my life about signs of the "end of the world." One sign I've always heard is that the Jews would return to their homeland. What did I miss or where is it stated that Alaska was going to be a refuge? what refuge is going to be required when the world ends.....?

September 8, 2008 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  7. Griff

Stumps? "No Wicket's, in Cricket??? Bails are: Gone!!

September 8, 2008 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  8. VETERAN FOR OBAMA/BIDEN

Fired up! Ready to go! It ain't fightin dirty if it's the truth, Barack. Tell the truth and shame the devil (and McCain and Palin).

September 8, 2008 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  9. smokesignals

Fire 'em up! Obama.

September 8, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  10. scooter

Making stuff up goes 2 ways and Iam listening to his supporters who told me before they didnt need me or Hillary to helpp them out they are good without us. Looks like that may not be true but you already did the damage helping me make my mind up. and look know how much he is begging for Hillarys help. so little kiddies I guess know I get so write your favorite LOL

September 8, 2008 06:44 pm at 6:44 pm |
  11. Conservative Buyer

"Anyone who believes the Republicans can fix the mess they created; also believes the iceberg could've saved the Titanic." - Hillary Clinton

ENOUGH SAID!

September 8, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  12. Arden

Barack: Keep blasting McCain and remind voters that Palin is the same. Don't waste time and energy letting her draw you away from message. Remember its Bush/McCain/Palin. They are the new lieing machine. They are Mavericks. A Maverick wants the freedom to bounce around and do what they want to do not what has to be done. Let Joe Biden and Hillery and the rest of your campaign staff blast Palin.

September 8, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  13. Maverick - NO... Flip-Flopper - YES

I was actually considering voting for John McCain – but that was before he reversed himself on every single important campaign issue.

McCain is very much like a flag – he points the way the wind blows.

Same for Sarah Palin. For the bridge / against the bridge, for pork barrel spending / against pork barrel spending.

They are both doing exactly what the republican handlers tell them to. Pre-written speeches they just read, pre-set party platforms they just repeat, and so on.

We cannot trust McCain/Palin to do what is right for the USA. They will do what's right for corporate interests.

September 8, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  14. Thomas NY, NY

"Making stuff up"??!?!?! that's your big argument for why America should vote for you, Senator Obama? I think you'll have to do wildly better than that. I'm stunned that you didn't resort to the old "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense.

Shameful.

September 8, 2008 06:45 pm at 6:45 pm |
  15. Ardnuas

McCain said he knows how to work with people who THINKS like he does, we NEED Obama because he is SMART enough to work with people who don't always agree with him.

September 8, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  16. 4Obama

And he's on FIRE telling the TRUTH......

September 8, 2008 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |