(CNN) - Republicans John McCain and Sarah Palin are out with a new television ad Monday, declaring themselves the "original mavericks."
The 30-second spot, set to air in key states, says McCain and Palin will "make history" and "change Washington."
"He fights pork barrel spending," the ad's narrator states. "She stopped the Bridge to Nowhere. He took on the drug industry. She took on big oil."
Palin's statement claiming to have opposed the now-infamous "Bridge to Nowhere" has been disputed by opponents who note she supported the major earmark when she campaigned for governor of Alaska in 2006. According to the non-partisan factcheck.org, Palin didn't oppose the project until Congress had already nixed it.
Mavericks were horrible cars. They always broke down or wouldn't start at the most inopportune times!
storms are brewing in your eyes,
no time is a good time for goodbyes
MAVERICKS. One change I would really love to see is the two of you and all your pulltoys deciding to campaing honorably and honestly.
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO MY NEIGHBORS IN ALASKA, I HAVE BEEN THERE AND IT'S A BACKWARDS STATE THAT DOESN'T EXEMPLIFY THE REST OF THE 49 STATES IN ANYWAY. THE TOWN OF WASILLA IS RUN LIKE A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT COUNSEL AND THE STATE IS RUN LIKE A BACKWOODS SOCIETY.
NO WONDER JOHN MCCAIN AND HIS ADVISORS DO NOT TRUST SARAH PALIN TO ANSWER QUESTIONS ON HER OWN YET. WHEN SHE DOES THE BUMP IN THE POLLS WILL EVAPORATE.
Seriously, enough with the maverick label. It just goes to show how easily the GOP zombies follow a catch phrase and a washed up candidate. When I hear "Original Maverick," I think "OK, so he was around when they DEFINED the word; that's how old he is!"
If you believe in the hype then you get what you deserve, good or bad. Timber, it was McCain, not Biden who agreed with Bush 90% of the time so don't go off saying Biden is not of change. Also, your VP is not supposed to be more popular than the president, not a good thing.
McCain and Palin
A Bridge to Nowhere
Can Sen Obama sound it to all Americans not to avoid the traps of 2004 by electing for real "issues-driven" change? Also the strategy of staying focused on McCain and blanking out his VP by the Obama camp is clearly not working going by recent polls. My advice – Sen Obama should square on Sen McCain whilst Joe Biden should rise up to the Sarah surge. As an observer, another 4 more years of you guys (the US) continuing in the direction of the last 4 would definitely lead to unknown countries overtaking the US as global superpowers. We've already seen this with China, India and Russia......and there are more waiting in the wings!!!
I believe everyone here wants to know ALL the truth..not just bits
So here are a few questions Ms Palin before the election:
1. Since you were pregnant and you started to leak fluid, during a
speech in Texas, you chose to finish your speech and then fly for
11 hours back to Alaska. And then drive for 45 minutes to a hospital
in a small town to have a baby with health problems.
How so?...you would think that you would want the best care possible
for yourself and the baby at a large city to handle your needs.
2. I read in your newspaper that you gave birth to a 6lb 2oz baby boy.
Which you have told us that he was born 4 weeks premature.
Does a premature baby not weigh less if premature?..just asking.
Did you transport yourself and baby to a neo-natal unit because he was premature?..No because you were back to work 3 days after giving birth. THAT'S ODD
3.Why are all the family pictures taken off the govt and other websites?
Are there things there you don't want us to see?...Too late we've already seen them.
4. It's odd that the only baby's parents name that was born in the hospital on that day was definitely NOT Palin. Newspapers are printed
Looks like the MSM hasn't the gazoo's to check on these questions because the Repub will call it "sexist"
HERE'S MY TAKE ON IT....
You got a phone call when in Texas that Bristol was going into labor, so you booted it for home to make a good coverup.
Either there are going to be a lot of people perjure themselves, either way you and McWar are in a whole pile of hurt.
WAIT FOR IT.....NATIONAL ENQUIRE IS DOING MSM'S HOMEWORK
All of your complaining about Mccain/Palin is baseless...more sour grapes than anything.
In one breath, they mock community organizers (Palin and Guliani), then in the next, tell people to get out, help their government make change (McCain). The GOP is all over the place with no clear direction. No message until now after the clipping of Obamas theme and DNC message.
Now they want to reform? Oh Please! McCain has lobbyist and ear-mark specialists guiding his champaign.
Like Biden said, where is the plan on college costs, health care, etc.? Unemployment just went up again, foreclosures is at an all time high. No one, Palin or McCain talked about inflation or this recession we’re in. Vets are being mistreated and McCain dodged the voting on a package to support the troops.
I'm voting for McCain/Palin. It's a great ticket.
PALIN is a FRAUD along with McCON
She is FAR from being a MAVERICK
Do your RESEARCH people. The McCON camp is LYING to us about her.
that will be sad that American dont see that Dem caused some oil problem in 1978 (Pres carter and full confrol Dem), 2000(Pres. clinton and full control dem), and after 2006 (Dem took over as full control in congress)... Gas raise and limit oil (1978)... I dont trust dem anymore!!! And we need to help on OUR OWN PEOPLE in america's job to give everyone's job.. NO MORE OVERSEA OIL!
it is REAL sad that no one see that.... Obama will NEVER solve this issue, as he is dem, who likes CONTROL america people! That is why i am going for McCain/Palin..... they are HIGHEST poll ever in history since Obama-McCain race for white house!
Ok, I can not believe that McSame is actually trying to steal Obama's campaign message of change! Obama's campaign has said change since two years ago, and here comes McSame with two months left talking about change. Obama is the real leader here. McSame did not even take who he wanted for his VP spot. He was told who to take.
She didn't "stop the Bridge to Nowhere"!!!! She was totally FOR it and when Congress finally stopped it, they had already given Alaska millions of dollars for it, WHICH SHE KEPT AND USED FOR OTHER PROJECTS!!!! This woman is is a CORRUPT, BOOK-BANNING, POWER ABUSING, NON-EXPERIENCED CREATIONIST!!!!! WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!
Hillary should have won the DNC nomination, but it was stolen from her...
Obama...threw Hillary and her 18 million supporter under the bus...now he want us...all I can say is Obama...I'm throwing you under the bus...by voting for an American Hero MCCAIN!!!!
I pledge allegience to the United States...NOT A POLITICAL PARTY!!!
Obama has the audacity to want Hillary to get on the stump for him...WHAT AN EGOOOOOOO......do your own dirty work Obama....
....or get the media to do it for you...after all you are their candidate...
HILLARY SUPPORTER FOR MCCAIN AND PALIN!!!!!
palin is a liar. her daughter took a 5 month absence right before and after the baby was born. Palin was supposedly 7 months and thin as a pencil, then came back to work after 3 days of delivering a special needs baby.
Yeah, McCain is a real Maverick in the way he stood up against the base of his party by choosing a right-wing-religiously-pro-drilling-creationism-'there is no climate change'- VP Palin who is against sex ed, porked in the largest amount of pork per capita in the United States and ran to become Governor on a "Bridge to Nowhere"..
Anyway, I just donated more money to Obama disgusted by 'the news' this morning.
Wake up America. McCain voted with the current Bush administration 90% of the time...
That's correct. The problem the Democrats are going to have is that here are 2 people that have made change and stood up to powerful people vs. Obama who talks about it. Like Hillary said they are only words. Deeds count. So far Obama has done literally next to nothing in comparison.
Bill Clinton said it all. Two candidates X and Y. X promises many things you agree with but can not deliver. You only half agree with the other but Y can deliver.
If we can't have Hillary then I will go for McCain/Palin
hahahahahahahah I just fell off my chair.
haaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaa now I am rolling on the floor
Whew. That was a good laugh!!!!
Two tools that don't fix anything.
The headline for Palin should be the truth about the plane she sold on EBay for a profit. Only thing, she didn't sell it on EBay; furthermore, she didn't sell it at all, it was sold by someone else at a loss.
Biden will eat this lady alive with the truth; something she is allergic to.
WHY IS NO ONE INVESTIGATING THE RUMORS ON TODD PALIN BEING LINKED TO AN AMERICAN HATE GROUP IN ALASKA?
Really what does all of this maverick mumbo jumbo mean when you have openly boosted that you have voted with the worse president's failed policies in history 90 % of the time ! The intelligent American people are not buying your scheme McBush ! No thanks, we won't take a chance on 10% change !
I truly hope the American people will get it right this time and vote for REAL change and that is Obama. It's definitely time for REAL change in Washington, it's time to elect Barack Obama for president !
The Obama-Biden team are wiser and stronger to solve the crucial problems that we have here and abroad !
Why is everyone so against Palin on a personal level. I have never seen such a pathetic group of democrats. Just becuase more people are now changing to McCain you only focus on Palin. The race is Obama vs. McCain. Why lash out at a woman? AND I am not stupid. It is BO who was stupid for not choosing Hillary! I am a a prof. working woman with a graduate decree.