September 10th, 2008

Biden starting debate prep

Biden is preparing to Debate Palin.
Biden is preparing to Debate Palin.

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) - Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm has been tapped to help Joe Biden as he prepares to take on GOP rival Sarah Palin in the upcoming vice presidential debate.

Granholm will spend four days helping Biden sharpen his skills before he faces off with Palin October 2.

At a fundraiser Tuesday night, Biden told supporters debating Palin would be tricky.

“Folks look, I know what she’s going to try to do. She’s going to try to make it as personal as she can. She’s going to take a lot of straight lefts and jabs at me, she’s going to try to get me to respond, she’s going to try to get me to respond in a personal way," Biden said. "That’s not my style. I’m not going to do it.”

Instead, Biden said he would "try very hard" to keep the focus on health care, the struggling economy and foreign policy.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Joe Biden
  1. Fav

Biden not only has the hot sexy looks of a 60 year old, but he's got the brains and substance to stomp on this little, tarty air headed Palin!!!!

September 10, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  2. ruthanne

Joe, PLEASE, for the sake of the future of our country, just debate her the same way you would a male opponent. To do otherwise WOULD be sexist! Please expose her for what she is!!! Or force her to expose herself for what she is!
    Obama/Biden 2008!!

September 10, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  3. California Voter

Hopefully, he'll refrain from making sexist comments similar to those found on this blog and focus on the issues.

September 10, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  4. RDS

Be careful Biden don't mention the words economy, war, taxes, healthcare, education, or alternative energy. They might just say your being sexist against her. They should have a daily counter of how many times the gender card is used in the next 57 days...

September 10, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  5. LiberalChris

Sorry Obama camp......IT'S OVER!!!!!! McCain won. Palin won. They were just the better candidates. I think the dems need to concede and throw in the towel. Especially Biden. He is just a goose stepping baffoon for the dems. RAISING McCain!!!! I hate to say it because I am a liberal who supported Obama, but Obama has gone off the issues and started practicing politics as usual just like he accused President McCain of doing. At least you knew what you were getting from McCain, but Obama is nothing but A TWO-FACED LIAR!!!!

McCain Palin 08