September 10th, 2008
4 months ago

Bill Clinton and Obama to campaign together this month

(CNN) - Former President Bill Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama will campaign together in Florida later this month.

1. CD

Please stop talking about Palin. Mr Obama, you are suppose to be running against Mr McBush, not her.

September 10, 2008 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  2. Betty Vanover

I am sure you all have seen the security clearencces that Palin has and the responsibility of the Governor of Alaska. Her security clearance is quite equal to President Bush's and Homeland Security. We need someone who will stand up for all of us who have never in our lifetime seen a time when there is not a war or a recession. The young voters are caught up in the idol image. Their parents have shielded them from most of the hard knocks in life. Listen to her speaches and her knowledge and put it against Obama's. He only spouts words from all his hundreds of speech writers, one speech he made the teleprompter went off and he turned around and lost his train of thoughts and kept looking for it to come back on to rescue him. He is not qualified. Thanks

September 10, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  3. Penn Voter

Watch out Bill, Obama might try and put some lipstick on you. They do that a lot up in Chicago.

September 10, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  4. n jean

Bill Clinton is one of the best, if not THE best speaker. He will deliver just as Obama does. They both tell it like it is. The Republicans have a hard time with that because most of what Clinton and Obama say is the truth and they hate it!

September 10, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  5. Geri

Obama can't talk for himself, he usually blames it on someone in his campaign. I respect Bill & Hillary Clinton immensely but I never thought they would have to go out & win the election for Obama. Notice this all comes after Palin was nominated for Vice president. I hope to God he doesn't win and NO I am not racist I just don't think he has what it takes to be a leader. He whines and carries on too much and since Michelle wears the pants in the family, he'll have to run everything by her and hope she approves. She'll be the one to answer the phone at 3am and tell who ever is on the other end that he can't use the phone because he left his socks on the floor. What a different election this would be if Hillary had been chosen But wait a minute.....the afro americans voted for him on race not on issues. They forgot how good the Clintons were to them.

September 10, 2008 11:02 pm at 11:02 pm |
  6. Emma

I know CNN won't post this.
    I don't know why McPalin supporters are up in arms about Obama with negative ads and lies, but it sounds like life is good for them and are scared to face the reality and defeat. Think about Dems and Independants it's been 8 years of suffering and pain and we the people want to suffer another 4 more years. Let's put a stop to this Americans and wake up!!. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!
    Obama/Biden 08'

September 10, 2008 11:03 pm at 11:03 pm |
  7. emily

Lets stick to the issues, We all know there are many of them. And while we are at it, lets have Palin answer some questions. Isn't anyone else tired of her not being accountable for the lies she tells every day she campaigns? Ear marks, bridge to nowhere, etc. Let her face the press and answer. We are voting, give us some facts.

September 10, 2008 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  8. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Lynn E: I don't know who your daddy is or if he's still living, God Bless his soul, so let's leave Obama's deceased father out of politics. Further, saying you thought Bill Clinton was a racist, well you "thunk" wrong. Your statement about Bill Clinton being Obama's protector of the moment makes me concerned as whether you've been stalking Obama for whatever reason. Be careful with your words, they draw concern.

September 10, 2008 11:09 pm at 11:09 pm |
  9. adm

Lynn E

You are what's wrong with our country.

September 10, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  10. Moderate Republican for Obama

WHERE ARE ALL OF THE DEMOCRATS?!

It seems like Obama is out on his own trying to fend off the GOP endless attacks.

I Dems were serious about getting a President from their party into the White House. It sure doesn't look that way.

September 10, 2008 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  11. Obama will be our 44th president, palin will be exposed for the fraud that she is

Bill Clinton I loved your convention speech

September 10, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  12. RapidRay

Thank you, Candy Crowley.

This might be the first article I have seen in relation to politics in six months that simply stated the facts.

Any and all comments past this one are fruitless. You left no opinion to attack or defend.

Cudos!!!!

September 10, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  13. Independant Thinker

Obama had better have a food taster handy.

September 10, 2008 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  14. Carl from MI

I CAN'T WAIT for Bill Clinton to open up a can of whoop#$% on the Republican Party. He's done it before... he's no stranger to giving them a nice, well-earned smackdown!!

AS IF McCAIN STANDS UP FOR HIMSELF AND DOESN'T USE SURROGATE DADDIES TOO!!! AND McCAIN HAS HIS OWN PROTECTOR TOO.... THE 'SHRILLA FROM WASILLA' SARAH PALIN!! HE WAS NOTHING WITHOUT HER... NOW HE'S NOTHING WITH HER!!

WAKE UP, AMERICA!! VOTE SMART... NOT SENILE!!!

September 10, 2008 11:15 pm at 11:15 pm |
  15. Sue in MI

Nobody is FOR abortion, but people are for a woman having that option in an emergency. For goodness sakes, before Roe v. Wade women died in back alleys. Do you really want to go back to that? Obama has a sensible plan to eliminate the need for abortions, and I respect that stance.
    Clinton will be a huge help, because he is the one Democrat who could stand up to the Republican sniping, and get the issues out there. Barack needs him, and it's nice to see a candidate who will take advice from someone. Who is McCain talking to? Oh, Rove. 'nuff said.

September 10, 2008 11:16 pm at 11:16 pm |
  16. Mary Queen

Look, listen for issues not personal attacks. It sounds like the white women in USA have estrogen running rampart in all aspects of their being, Palin has said absolutely nothing that proves she can run this country. So what she can car pool, manage a small town, shoot and fish wild life, so can a lot of hillbillies but that does not make them presidental material. Let us not continue to be stupid and reelect another 4 years of Bush administration. Wake up women, show some intelligence.

September 10, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  17. Jan/Canada

Good for Bill! It shows he is not now or ever been a racist and that he will stand up for the Democratic Nominee Barak Obama. Only under democratic rule has the economy been good and useless wars were not an option. Jobs were plentiful and can be again if Obama becomes president. God knows there is enough money once you get the troups out of Irag to rebuild every bridge in the USA, fix the levees in all the States that need it done, repair all the roads, retool the auto industries to make gas driven cars (even the Iranians figured this one out) restructure closed plants to built wind tubines etc etc etc Wake up America or soon you will be a third world country!!

September 10, 2008 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  18. dd

September 10, 2008 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  19. ginger

Men or Women who don't stand up for themselves don't graduate from Columbia and Harvard. Sen. Obama is a strong leader who loves this country.

September 10, 2008 11:23 pm at 11:23 pm |
  20. facts are facts

The hate for America all over the world bears witness to the failed policies of the Republicans. You see it every day on the news. Burning flags and hanging effigies.

Well if you think these types of demonstrations are bad wait until McCain gets into power as he is already hated by more people than what hate Bush and Cheney.

My prediction is if McCain gets into power you will be embroiled in wars overseas and in the U.S. as hate breeds recruitment and there is enough hate to recruit a large portion of the world. I doubt this gets printed as CNN sheilds readers from the truth.

September 10, 2008 11:24 pm at 11:24 pm |
  21. Diamands

If Hillary is big enough to put the primaries behind her and campaign for Obama, why can't the rest of the Hillary Dems get past this? Don't they realize what is at stake?! As for Obama, I do wish he would stick to the program. As for the other side, is John McCain still running? All I see is Sarah Palin and I am sick of her! She is a hockey mom. Wow! That certainly qualifies her to be VP! She called Hillary a whiner and now she is whining and complaining that she is getting treated poorly. Sarah, if you can't stand the heat, get back in the kitchen!!!

September 10, 2008 11:29 pm at 11:29 pm |
  22. Michael

It's sad to see Americans again repeating the Repubican speeches or propaganda like robots after learning a recording, It's sad I hoped Americans were smarter
    A good democrat commercial would show a mother of five (like I saw last night ) say " well Palin's a mother I'm a mother so I'm think she can do it.." Think for a moment,,,,,, is this women I saw last night really that ignorant.??? what about the facts.
    When i told my girlfriend, (when the repubicans first released her on America ) that she cute so American women would love her in spite of the facts ,, she said "no way " they're too intelligent. I said no "they're not ". This is not a time I wanted to be right it's scary and sad . Fool me once shame on me , fool me three times shame on all of those that support Mccain and his lies, he smiles and sells your future tio big business.

September 10, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  23. Nia Hussein - Phoenix, AZ

Heres Bill's chance to pull his egotistical head out of your rear end

September 10, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  24. PJ

Lynn E...your ignorance and stupidity proceeds you.

September 10, 2008 11:33 pm at 11:33 pm |
  25. Danny

Im an excited Floridian, I get to see a future AND past president hooray!

September 10, 2008 11:34 pm at 11:34 pm |