September 10th, 2008

Happening Now: McCain-Palin rally in Virginia

Watch the McCain-Palin event on CNN.com/live.
Watch the McCain-Palin event on CNN.com/live.

(CNN) - John McCain and Sarah Palin are holding a campaign rally in Virginia, a state Barack Obama has made a top target.

Watch the event on CNN.com/live

UPDATE: This event has ended, but stay with CNN.com/live for all the day's events on the campaign trail.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Enlightened Voter

My 73 year old neighbor went to Lancaster PA yesterday to see mccain and palin speak. My neighbor is a staunch republican and has been all of her life. She is also very conservative and an evangelical christian. When she came back from the rally she knocked on my door and asked me did she have to do anything to be able to vote Democratic in november. She said she could not vote this republican ticket. And this coming from a woman who voted for bush, twice.

September 10, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  2. soldier

I don't know how we can do this to ourself. I am sure all our competitors will love the republicans to win the election to take us deep under ground while they are prospering.

As a register republican all my family and friends are voting for the democratic ticket because it is more balance.

September 10, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  3. JD in Moraga, CA

Always fun to watch the Palin-McCain ticket on their Bridge to Nowhere. Maybe Sarah can pick up some nice lipstick, and John can get some more $500 shoes after the rally...Ha Ha Ha!

September 10, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  4. Fred

What a pathetic, pathetic campaign McCain is running. So sad to see a good man reduced to running sleazy ads and listening to an unqualified running mate repeat the same tired lines.

September 10, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  5. Ex-mod-GOP for Obama

And we already know the script because they just keep using it over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum. Palin's speech was already old at the convention - I read most of her "zingers" in Newsweek two hours before she spoke!

September 10, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  6. Paul

This must be a Dem day. All the comments support the loser. I guess you can tell who stays home and waits for a government check. I'm home, but I earned it after 50 years of work. Have you checked the Gallup poll lately. Have a good day.

September 10, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  7. j.a. jORDAN

There is just so little substance in the Palin/McCain sphere, yes I said Palin/McCain and not reverse, she is doing most of the talking, who leads who here? Is it a wonder most of the rest of the world sees us as a country out of touch!

September 10, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  8. K.NIX

MCCAIN AND PALIN REPRESENT WHY OTHER COUNTRIES HATE AMERICA.

OBAMA/BIDEN '08

September 10, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  9. KenB, MI

no more egg shell politics...

If you can put on the gloves and jump in the ring, you can get knocked the humpty dumpty out

we can either say no to more of the same or continue down a path of distraction and confusion.

September 10, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  10. Grinell Meadors

Obama called Palin a pig and thought no-one would notice?? He thinks Americans are stupid unless they graduated from Harvard.

The real pig is Obama. Snort! snort!

September 10, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  11. Cyndi

i just listen to McCain speech more of the same. People he have not got the memo. Please talk about the issues and answer questions from the audience. McCain is avoiding the American people but he says he put country first. Can someone tell me how. Enough is Enough McCain shut up or produce up.

September 10, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |