September 11th, 2008

Bill Clinton and Obama release joint statement

Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have released a joint statement.
Bill Clinton and Barack Obama have released a joint statement.

(CNN) – Barack Obama and Bill Clinton’s offices released a joint statement Thursday after the two met in New York.

“President Clinton and Senator Obama had a great conversation in Harlem today. They discussed the campaign briefly, but mostly talked about how the world has changed since September 11, 2001,” it read.

"Sen. Obama praised the work of the Clinton Foundation around the world and President Clinton applauded Sen. Obama's historic campaign which has inspired millions around the country.

"They also spoke about what the next President can do to help make the economy work for all Americans, as it did under President Clinton, and ensure safety and prosperity far beyond the coming the election. President Clinton said he looks forward to campaigning for Senator Obama later this month.”

Full story

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Riaz

Bill Clinton will get the Hockey Mom's and Walmart mom's back.. he is good in that!!!

September 11, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  2. Judy in Minnesota

All I have to say is...were you better off 8 years ago?

I'm still working I have my home and I have health insurance and I can STILL say that I was better off then than I am now.

Get off your moral high horses.

September 11, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  3. Joker

Billy Boy also predicted Hillary's win. Wow, Billy Boy is a great advocate for any journey of self-discovery or recovery, as in the case of an admitted Cocaine user, in Osama's self-admitted case.

September 11, 2008 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  4. Niky

I am amazed at McCain supporters who say that they cannot support Barack coz he has flip-flopped too much... what world are they living in?!

September 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  5. Nan

Glad to see it. Clinton is one of the best at campgaining. Yes he had his gaffes when campgaining for Hillary. But you tend to be a little protective when you are defending your wife. Bill is great and can be a great mentor for Barrack in these last months.

September 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  6. Truman

It's fantastic that these two are finally in-step. Clinton hasn't been his usual cheerful self in a while, but Obama won fairly and now needs his people to rally behind him. Why are so many Hillary supporters throwing their support behind McCain/Palin just to punish Obama supporters? Don't they realize that "Hillary 2012" may be facing a world even more messed up than it is now, that even she can't clean up? Get with it people! Follow Bill's lead, suck it up and don't sell out your beliefs just to spite your fellow Democrats!

September 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  7. Loran

It is great that they are working together. America needs this. McCain and Palin scares the daylights out of me. A war monger and a power monger. I haven't heard anything from him but "fight' and I haven't heard anything from her but "I". God help us all if they win.

September 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  8. A Woman In California For Obama:

Unity at work. They rest of you hellraisers need to shut and unite too. Although I was not a Clinton supporter there is no way I would ever vote for John McCain or that female on a leash. Adding her only made me more incline not to vote for him.

September 11, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  9. Steve

For those of us who remember the Clinton administration and now have the opportunity to comapre it to the present Bush administration, I can say that we were much better off in many ways when President Clinton was leading the United States – no matter your personal opinion of President Clinton, he was, and is, a superb leader.

September 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  10. Hispanic Female Republican

I see Obama can't think on his own, still in the grips of the Clintons.

He shouldn't be taking lessons from Slick Willie because that President did exactly nothing for the ecomony.

Or perhaps Obama is taking notes from the Clintons on how to really play hard ball politics.

McCain/Palin '08!!

September 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  11. AJ

Finally, thank God.

September 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  12. FreeNLovIt

to 76Stinger

At least he didnt get 4000 Americans killed. At least he didnt raid the Treasury Office and leave us 100 trillion debt.

He had a vision. Government was regulated under him. The bar was raised and people had to perform.

September 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  13. deb

Really Obama and Willy together looking for ways to give my income to someone else!! People wake up. Clinton is the real reason we are in this mess. He made it possible for everyone and their dogs to get loans and have things they could not afford and now everyone wants to blame the current administration. Wow and remember when Clinton had Bin Laden in his hands ( oh he was busy in the oval office with an intern) and let him go thus 911 occurred on poor President Bush's clock. Get with it people.

September 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  14. Dominic

Bill I need you and Hillary after what Biden said it shows my bad judgment I should of pick Hillary actually Hillary should of picked me how can I win now Obama must say I need the Clintons

September 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  15. lisa d.

Our past, our future coming together...the presidents. Obama/Biden08

September 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  16. Ellen in Ohio

Well, so much for putting the campaigning aside for one day so we could remember 9/11. Hypocritical Democrats...

September 11, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  17. chris

you can tell who the stronger personality is by where they are meeting

September 11, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  18. Flavian D'Mello

Good Luck Barack Obama.....straight to the White House

September 11, 2008 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  19. Flavian D'Mello

Good Luck Barack Obama....straight to the White House.

Toronto
    Canada

September 11, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  20. Playing "Barracuda" on Guitar Hero for Biden

From the grave Reagan haa more political talent than these two hacks.

September 11, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  21. FreeNLovIt

To 76Stinger

It's not all about war and being tough.... this is waht Mullen, a general said

"We can't kill our way to victory, and no armed force anywhere - no matter how good - can deliver these keys alone. It requires teamwork and cooperation," Mullen said.

And according to David Gergen, who served 3 Prez and is very neutral in all matters, he mentioned that our economy will need a man like Roosevelt and similar to like Clinton.

Palin and McCain just doesnt make the grade, at least Obama has it right to change the course.

September 11, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  22. Darren

If Billl does half as much for Obama's campaign as he did for Hillary's, the Republicans are a shoe-in.

September 11, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  23. leon levin

Dear PUMA's – Get a life....She lost fairly and squarely. No one voted twice, so why not get used to BO being Pres. It's a heck of a lot better then 4 more years of Bush-Cheney.

I guess you would want the WACKO from Alaska, taking over when the old man isn't around.

September 11, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  24. Toni

I am glad Bill can forgive Obama & Co.'s mistreatment, and insulting remarks throughout the campaign. It shows Bill and Hillary are committed to their party.Although , I still do not trust Obama, Michelle,Oprah, Richardson, and anyone else who got on Obama's bandwagon,and found it so very easy to minimize Bill's political career. Bill, you are the better person.

September 11, 2008 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  25. Mike Dallas

We remember the good economic times, Mr. President, and that is the only "breath of fresh air" in this election!

September 11, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |